LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
gonna lose
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I would definitely take that over a 20 points plus loss. I think they need to get Jon Baldwin in the game if for no other reason then to serve as some kind of a decoy like Randy Moss was a lot last season. It's certainly couldn't hurt even if that's all he's doing. Help to get someone else open.

you got nothing to lose by getting jon in there and if james can play,, put him in there, of course that would mean having to deactivate a fullback so of course james will not play and even if he does, i do not trust JH or his fat little henchman roman to use him properly,, they should at least put him in there to return kicks and catch screen passes, but of course that makes to much sense so he will set i should stop saying,, "of course"
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
gonna lose

i hope we are at least competitive,, and not crawl into a fetal position when things do not go our way
I thought Jim said there would be a roster move made today? its 7pm..and nothing announced huh.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I thought Jim said there would be a roster move made today? its 7pm..and nothing announced huh.

the last two games, i learn that we go by what he does and not what he says. he is probably out making a funny visa commercial
Ive never been a naysayer on this board. Not during the Sing years, never got into the AS BS, but with all the hype before this season and after beating GB in week one, if we fall to 1-3, we really need to rethink alot. I think Harbs is a good coach, and I think our players are top notch. But if we lose, something needs to change, maybe we pull a Ravens and dump our OC early in the year. I dont know, but SEA is poised to win the division, and likely home field advantage. Something needs to change and soon.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

New to #49ers injury report but practiced RT Davis (shoulder), C Goodwin (elbow), WR Kyle Williams (rib), RB Gore (knee), CB Rogers (knee)
Originally posted by Jcool:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

New to #49ers injury report but practiced RT Davis (shoulder), C Goodwin (elbow), WR Kyle Williams (rib), RB Gore (knee), CB Rogers (knee)

Lovely
24-10 Rams
if our offense plays like it has the past 2 weeks we will get blown out in embarrassing fashion

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

the last two games, i learn that we go by what he does and not what he says. he is probably out making a funny visa commercial

This is a good motto in life. People like to hang on to what people say in public as absolute. As the ol' saying go, actions speak louder then words.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
if we get off to a bad start, like last year in minnesota, and get the fans going, it could get ugly for us in a hurry, we got outcoached by them twice last year and i am a bit puzzled as to why we are favored at all

Because we're better than them
well we did not prove it twice last year to them and so far i do not think there is a whole lot of difference between the teams right now. its at their place, we seem to have a mental block against them, there is no debate that we have been outcoached twice by them. a good team will respond when backed into a corner. we failed miserably in that area last sunday so now here is another chance. hell even jim drunkinmiller beat the rams down there

Last year, really means a lot, doesn't it.

Bringing Jim Druckenmiller into the discussion borders on silly. I think he was drafted by Steve Mariucci in 1997.

The winner will be determined on the field.

What team is better will be determined by the sixteen game season.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

Getting comical
the loss against the hawks took away more than a 1-1 record.

And the lost against the Colts only revealed more. With the short turn around the players have to get their heads right because it ant on the Rams or the Colts lost . . . its still at Week 2 and would have brought up memories of the SB loss. They need to snap out of it and go play. Someone needs to make a play. Someone needs to lead.

Otherwise this season is going to spiral out of control and the noise just gets louder.
I'm not too worried about our record to be honest.. going into the season as much as I would have loved to be 3-0 right now, I saw how there was a good chance we would be 1-2.

i just didn't expect that other lost to be the Colts at home.

I thought there was a good chance we could lose to the Packers. Its hard to beat a team 3 times in a row...especially one as talented as Green Bay (and us starting a rookie Free Safety).......and of course I have said going into the season that Seattle has more talent on paper...especially with a secondary that has chemistry.

imo, our struggles right now are

coaching - which players we have on the active roster, which players we have in formations, etc (Gore in the Pistol, FBs lined up at WR)
playcalling - ugh two handed basketball shot toss plays???? FOR WHAT?
and discipline. - penalties

All of that can easily be improved....because we have used the same personnel in better situations before....we have had better calling before...and we have been discipline before.

again we are 1-2...and are fixing issues with the team EARLY in the season....hopefully everything I listed comes together, as well as other players coming back from injury...and we go on a roll.
Share 49ersWebzone