LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 199 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Advantage --- Jim Harbaugh

Seriously, Harbaugh must know every move, look and read Andrew Luck makes. Harbaugh is gonna know which side to attack him best, what type of passes he loves the best. I mean, sure I'm definitely exaggerating, but Andrew Luck has to know his maker knows how to exploit him.

Jim Harbaugh will be in all the defensive meetings that's for sure even though Fangio knows him too, but not like Jim.

The advantage clearly goes to the coach, our defense will be all over Luck.
VD vs VD.
Originally posted by SolAsch24:
Can we please run some more traditional formation plays on offense and utilize Gore/Hunter more. And please for godsake stop lining up Bruce Miller wide and then passing to him.

Yeah.

I mean, I love Miller, but I also love Aldon Smith. Neither player should be playing WR. It's more than just puzzling; it's kind of frightening that our coaching staff thinks this is a good strategy. I am lost for answers on this one.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 17, 2013 at 2:48 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by Rascal:
First of all, don't underestimate the Colts. We need to bounce back strong and make a statement !!

Yeah, pretty much true.

We can not underestimate the Colts. We need to bounce back strong and win the game.

True! This seems like a game we are expected to win. After making it to sb47 we are the hunted, everyone will attempt to bring their (A) game as well. So we need to up it up a notch to perfection.

Fans have the luxury of thinking that this is a game we are supposed to win.

Teams or players that think like that are making a serious mistake.

That brings back memories. Remember after beating the Packers in last season's opener ? Didn't most think the Vikings would be a piece of cake ?

I honestly think this game will be far tougher than most expect.
  • buck
  • Veteran
t
That brings back memories. Remember after beating the Packers in last season's opener ? Didn't most think the Vikings would be a piece of cake ?

I always think that each game is going to difficult

People will think what they think. .

As long as the players and coaches do not buy into this thinking, I do not really care.
Listening to sports radio in Indy, the radio guys here are calling the Colts/49ers game a possible Superbowl preview. That's funny that Colts' fans think they're a SB contender.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
t

I always think that each game is going to difficult

People will think what they think. .

As long as the players and coaches do not buy into this thinking, I do not really care.

What the team needs to do is regroup and channel that anger and disappointment into the Colts game.

Focus on the task at hand and worry about how to beat the Seahawks later on in the season.

But, heck after watching Harbaugh's interview, I say he is still suffering from the Seahawks loss hangover. He looks embarrassed, humbled, lost and I am sure Carroll is in his head.

Let's hope he snaps out of that daze and prepare our guys to the best of our ability to beat the Colts.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Listening to sports radio in Indy, the radio guys here are calling the Colts/49ers game a possible Superbowl preview. That's funny that Colts' fans think they're a SB contender.

It's not that far fetched.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

That's funny that the Colts' fan think the Niners are a SB contender.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Ouch! I still the Niners are the best team in the NFL (even after Sunday).

• mayo49
  • Veteran

Got to get better at receiver, though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
dp
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 17, 2013 at 5:33 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Not if I am being honest. I hate to admit it, but the Seahawks are better than us at this point whether we like it or not.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Not if I am being honest. I hate to admit it, but the Seahawks are better than us at this point whether we like it or not.

Yeah, I think a lot of people would agree with that at this point.
  • buck
  • Veteran
What the team needs to do is regroup and channel that anger and disappointment into the Colts game.

Focus on the task at hand and worry about how to beat the Seahawks later on in the season.

But, heck after watching Harbaugh's interview, I say he is still suffering from the Seahawks loss hangover. He looks embarrassed, humbled, lost and I am sure Carroll is in his head.

Let's hope he snaps out of that daze and prepare our guys to the best of our ability to beat the Colts.

I watched a press conference that he had on Tuesday, I believe.

He did seem a bit subdued or humbled. I actually like the tone of his answers.

Your speculations are way beyond my capacity to read what is going on in his mind.

I have no skill in the occult arts.
Share 49ersWebzone