LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 140 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
We've lost two games, calm down. Only once has a super bowl winning team fine undefeated. We're gonna see a lot more of last season's and the first game's Kaepernick than the last two games.

Its not about losing two games. Its about how those two games were lost. I am as big a fan as any...but I am also a realist. These last two weeks were #1 pick worthy...and that starts at QB...remember???

Losing to the best team in the NFL at their house then losing to another playoff team is not #1 pick worthy. Be reasonable1.

Understand what I am saying.

Forget your opponent for a minute.

Your effort is all you can control. That's it. If this is the type of effort we are going to see...then yes...it is #1 pick worthy. These last two weeks have been the worst I have seen since the Erickson years. And I am not attempting to stoke flames or exaggerate.

We have been terrible. And there is no other way to say it.
Originally posted by LVJay:
"Who's Got It better Than Us"

gotta change that slogan to (We Gotta Start Playing Better)... that begins with COACHING and should start in St Louis/Thursday!!

The slogan works..... the answer needs to change to "Everybody"
Let Harbaugh be Harbaugh, if he doesn't want to shake hands with Luck and whoever coaching Colts. Harbaugh doesn't have to shake hands. Stop forcing Harbaugh already.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Originally posted by captveg:
I've contended since the switch happened last year that this type of struggle was inevitable. You can't blow up the system and expect it to not have hiccups, and right now the hiccups are practically dry heaves.

The coaches need to get Kaep in the film room to see his intermediate receivers, and they need to support him with a bigger commitment to the run game. The era of Wonder-Kaep is done - time to make him a more balanced QB. I think it can be done. The question right now is why the **** aren't they doing it?

Kaep is a talent that should be used in the right time, but they've forgotten the staples of what made the 2011-2012 teams successful, and if the coaches have concerns about Kaep being able to run a more balanced offense like Smith did, well then that's their fault.

Great post, this team is built for the WCO. We don't have the WRs to be a throwing down the field team. Kaep and the coaches MUST change!

I actually agree. If we had a Megatron, it would be totally different. If the Browns can cut a franchise RB to preserve their system, then we might actually do something by going back to WCO.
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Sep 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM ]
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Tim Tebow... theres the answer! If we want to suck, might as well suck in style.

This
Originally posted by cory4903:
d just couldn't get off the field time after time

When they did, the offense did nothing. It's hard to play well when you're always out there. And it's demoralizing when you know your offense can't do anything.
Originally posted by Hawk206:
Just got done watching our game.

Just found out the result to your game.

I guess that shows you guys are not as good as you think.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
At this point..I think the playoffs are a very long shot..I think the seahg beatdown is really in their heads and now after this..worse still..way too much expectations by the press etc...

Yes, this is not a playoff team at this point. We just lost at home on a game we really needed as a bounce back game. Defense is decent but the offense is broken right now and I'm not sure a single receiver coming back is going to be magic elixer.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
So no Aldon, Willis, & Vernon for Thursday's game. How wonderful

And probably no offense either
We've lost two games, calm down. Only once has a super bowl winning team fine undefeated. We're gonna see a lot more of last season's and the first game's Kaepernick than the last two games.

Its not about losing two games. Its about how those two games were lost. I am as big a fan as any...but I am also a realist. These last two weeks were #1 pick worthy...and that starts at QB...remember???

Losing to the best team in the NFL at their house then losing to another playoff team is not #1 pick worthy. Be reasonable1.

Understand what I am saying.

Forget your opponent for a minute.

Your effort is all you can control. That's it. If this is the type of effort we are going to see...then yes...it is #1 pick worthy. These last two weeks have been the worst I have seen since the Erickson years. And I am not attempting to stoke flames or exaggerate.

We have been terrible. And there is no other way to say it.

Yeah because the 0-5 start under Singletary was so much better than this.

Originally posted by Hawk206:
Just got done watching our game.

Just found out the result to your game.

We had a game today? Thought I watched a mass rape
i also gotta say i'm really disaapointed with harbaughs caveman style of football. when we were down 12-0 in seattle and he went for the fg instead of the td, i could pass it off as the crowd noise and such. but at home around the 50 and punting on 4th and 4 or 5 when its clear your D aint doing s**t. i KNEW luck and co were gonna chew clock and make up that field position you gained by punting. how did you not know? makes me sick
Well at least the pack and falcons and giants joined us
Will they finally activate Baldwin? Why the f**k not?
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I guess that shows you guys are not as good as you think.

Dont worry their midget offense will be the next debacle.
Share 49ersWebzone