LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by btthepunk:
We've lost two games, calm down. Only once has a super bowl winning team fine undefeated. We're gonna see a lot more of last season's and the first game's Kaepernick than the last two games.

Its not about losing two games. Its about how those two games were lost. I am as big a fan as any...but I am also a realist. These last two weeks were #1 pick worthy...and that starts at QB...remember???
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by facestabber:
I think we are just having a down year from SB loss. Too much to overcome. Next season we may get the edge back. I'm not overreacting I just feel this season will not end well. Thank god The Walking Dead starts soon

On the contrary, we could just be suffering from all these injuries (early) and could pull it all together (late season/getting healthy) in time for playoffs/SB run...
Originally posted by KapsDolphinCap:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN7m
Aldon Smith's locker is completely empty -- the only such locker in the 49ers' locker room.

Traded?

7th round pick is my guess.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
I don't know if Gore and Hunter alone would've been the answer since week1. Bottom line is Harbaugh should have never made Boldin our #1. He has always been known as a 2 or 3. We were inevitably overly optimistic; we had no options.

Know a better option? Marlon Moore. He signed Boldin to be his #2. Remember Crabtree???
Originally posted by reasonable1:
No...the truth is we are and have always been a better team when we commit to the run and work everything else off of that. I wanted more Gore/Hunter/James and less Kap. I am glad Kap is a good passer and he has the ability to beat you from the pocket. But the truth is shining now...and that truth is that Kaepernick has a SUPER long way to go in beingan actual quarterback....one who sees the game the way a QB should see the game.

So how long it does it take for him to "see" the game?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
We've had 2 good seasons.

It could well be our window is now closed and we will regress from this point on.

We might need to go into rebuilding mode.

Heck, the Colts is supposed to be in rebuilding mode and they still beat us !!!

Fxxking son of a bit*h !!!

I think we are just having a down year from SB loss. Too much to overcome. Next season we may get the edge back. I'm not overreacting I just feel this season will not end well. Thank god The Walking Dead starts soon

Frankly, I didn't have a good feeling going into this game. Including myself I just felt the team was still going through the Seahawks beat down hangover.

Based on what we have seen so far, likewise I doubt this season would end well. If we are lucky we might be a wildcard team.

At this point, I think we can lose to pretty much any team.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
We've lost two games, calm down. Only once has a super bowl winning team fine undefeated. We're gonna see a lot more of last season's and the first game's Kaepernick than the last two games.

Disagree. Nfl watched film all offseason and it shows. Only reason he had a good day vs Green Bay was they committed to not letting him run. Now everyone sees that we have 1 WR who is over the bill and if they shut him down, we'll, we score fewer than 10 pts.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Frank Gore

11 Carries, 82 yds, 7.5 avg.

WTFFFFFFFFF

11 was suppose to be 25+.....at least thats what they were talking about the whole week.
Originally posted by captveg:
I've contended since the switch happened last year that this type of struggle was inevitable. You can't blow up the system and expect it to not have hiccups, and right now the hiccups are practically dry heaves.

The coaches need to get Kaep in the film room to see his intermediate receivers, and they need to support him with a bigger commitment to the run game. The era of Wonder-Kaep is done - time to make him a more balanced QB. I think it can be done. The question right now is why the **** aren't they doing it?

Kaep is a talent that should be used in the right time, but they've forgotten the staples of what made the 2011-2012 teams successful, and if the coaches have concerns about Kaep being able to run a more balanced offense like Smith did, well then that's their fault.
Totally agree. Also, I'm now a full blown critic of Greg Roman. In the first half Gore was getting good yards. I have no clue why we went away from that.
Originally posted by Rascal:
We've had 2 good seasons.

It could well be our window is now closed and we will regress from this point on.

We might need to go into rebuilding mode.

Heck, the Colts is supposed to be in rebuilding mode and they still beat us !!!

Fxxking son of a bit*h !!!

Don't forget, luck is a franchise QB and Kaep hopefully will become one as well. Expect the Colts to be better with a better QB. We were supposed to win with Defense and Offense but we were horrible on Defense and once again penalties and key drops got us coupled with bad play calling.

Originally posted by defenderDX:
No, the adjustments, AND DESIGNED PLAYS were TO running backs and outlets. THOSE were the adjustments

How many times did you see Alex check out to a big hitter in the run game???

Plenty...those are the adjustments I am referring to. Once the play is called...it is up to the QB to make it happen at the line...we do not have that right now.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Aldon Smith's locker is completely empty -- the only such locker in the 49ers' locker room.

Traded?

7th round pick is my guess.

Suspended by Harbaugh.
Originally posted by captveg:
I've contended since the switch happened last year that this type of struggle was inevitable. You can't blow up the system and expect it to not have hiccups, and right now the hiccups are practically dry heaves.

The coaches need to get Kaep in the film room to see his intermediate receivers, and they need to support him with a bigger commitment to the run game. The era of Wonder-Kaep is done - time to make him a more balanced QB. I think it can be done. The question right now is why the **** aren't they doing it?

Kaep is a talent that should be used in the right time, but they've forgotten the staples of what made the 2011-2012 teams successful, and if the coaches have concerns about Kaep being able to run a more balanced offense like Smith did, well then that's their fault.

Great post, this team is built for the WCO. We don't have the WRs to be a throwing down the field team. Kaep and the coaches MUST change!
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
No...the truth is we are and have always been a better team when we commit to the run and work everything else off of that. I wanted more Gore/Hunter/James and less Kap. I am glad Kap is a good passer and he has the ability to beat you from the pocket. But the truth is shining now...and that truth is that Kaepernick has a SUPER long way to go in beingan actual quarterback....one who sees the game the way a QB should see the game.

So how long it does it take for him to "see" the game?

Hell if I know...but it needs to be QUICK.

Traded?

Suspended hopefully. Should have been this game
Share 49ersWebzone