There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

hand out your kudos here

Originally posted by Niners99:
Kudos to Colin Kaepernick for being smart at such a young age. Outside getting the snap off on time, hes shown almost zero signs of rookie mistakes. He doesnt force passes, he doesnt take bad sacks, he doesnt react to altercations with dumb retaliation, and he doesnt take any unnecessary hits.

And I'll add that he has a crazy knack for bringing his team back and either pulling out a win or giving his team a chance to win. When we get down a score or even more, I don't doubt for a second Kap can rally the team and get the lead back or at least make it damn close. Obviously not every time or we'd have a 6th ring, but then again, it's not possible to come back every time...but he's done it enough times already that I have complete faith in this team's ability to come back from a deficit. He's a ferocious competitor and you gotta love that about him.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Sep 9, 2013 at 10:50 AM ]
Kudos for Gore's blocking, blitz pick ups, he might not have ran for a ton of yards, but he played a part in keeping Kaepernick upright.
Kudos to Harbaalke for trading a 6th round pick for Boldin.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Kudos to Harbaalke for trading a 6th round pick for Boldin.


Kudos to Flacco for sucking up all their cap space so they couldn't afford Boldin
Kudos to the coaching staff for killing the Packers through the air after them spending a whole off season preparing for the ground attack. Now Packers fans wants to fire Dom Capers. lol
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well why don't you go back and see why it was 3rd and long on a few of those plays. Was it due to penalties or just a good play by their defense?

Greg Roman has to dial up those plays, in order for them to be in the right situation to gain all those yards and a 34 point score. This isn't the run-n-shoot, where receivers are just running out and finding the soft spots in the zones or on the fly adjustments.


Some of them were penalties yes, but only due to the complications our pre-snap activities create. We run all over the place, sometimes the clock runs down, resulting in a penalty. That goes on the scheme. We also have to call timeouts because of the pre-snap running around. Half the time Kap has to correct someone who is lined up wrong, wasting more time.
Sometimes the lineman are sitting there in the stance, listening to Kap yell and holler at players to line up correctly, this causes false starts.

The SCHEME is what is creating the foundation for the delay of games and false start penalties.

I didn't see Green Bay running around so much. How come they can run a powerful offense without all the pre-snap complexity and confusion? I just don't see how it is worth it. ONE guy shifting, fine, but when I see half the team running around, backwards, forwards, left, right. That is TOO much, and it definitely hurt us more than it helped us.

If we think we can do all this stuff in Seattle, with all that noise, we will be rudely awakened with three times as many false starts, time outs wasted, delay of games and busted plays.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM ]
kudos to the coaching staff for rotating the d line
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well why don't you go back and see why it was 3rd and long on a few of those plays. Was it due to penalties or just a good play by their defense?

Greg Roman has to dial up those plays, in order for them to be in the right situation to gain all those yards and a 34 point score. This isn't the run-n-shoot, where receivers are just running out and finding the soft spots in the zones or on the fly adjustments.


Some of them were penalties yes, but due to the complication of our pre-snap activities. We run all over the place, sometimes the clock runs down, resulting in a penalty. That goes on the scheme. We also have to call timeouts because of the pre-snap running around. Half the time Kap has to correct someone who is lined up wrong, wasting more time.
Sometimes the lineman are sitting there in the stance, listening to Kap yell and holler at players to line up correctly, this causes false starts.

The SCHEME is what is creating the foundation for the delay of games and false start penalties.

I didn't see Green Bay running around so much. How come they can run a powerful offense without all the pre-snap complexity and confusion. I just don't see how it is worth it. ONE guy shifting, fine. But when I see half the team running around, backwards, forwards, left, right. That is TOO much, and it definitely hurt us more than it helped us.

If we think we can do all this stuff in Seattle, with all that noise, we will be rudely awakened with three times as many false starts, time outs wasted, delay of games and busted plays.

GB's offense isn't nearly as complex. One of our defenders was saying yesterday that the Packer's don't do a lot of complicated things scheme/formation wise. It's mostly Rodgers' ability to adjust his throws to how the defender is playing his receiver that makes their offense so hard to stop. Basically, you can have a WR/TE covered, but Rodgers will adjust his ball placement based on how the defender is positioned, making their WRs virtually uncoverable.

But as far as complexity of their schemes/formations, there isn't a ton of it compared to what we do.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Sep 9, 2013 at 11:09 AM ]
kudos: Boldin- what a baller!
OLine
Kap
Staley (for having his QB back!)
Vernon
Reid
Defense (for stepping up when the game was on the line)
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
GB's offense isn't nearly as complex. One of our defenders was saying yesterday that the Packer's don't do a lot of complicated things scheme/formation wise. It's mostly Rodgers' ability to adjust his throws to how the defender is playing his receiver that makes their offense so hard to stop. Basically, you can have a WR/TE covered, but Rodgers will adjust his ball placement based on how the defender is positioned, making their WRs virtually uncoverable.

But as far as complexity of their schemes/formations, there isn't a ton of it compared to what we do.


But we don't NEED all this crap. Just line up and play. It isn't HELPING us.

There is nothing new to what Kap was doing, he just had more passing attempts. He has always thrown for big yards and TD's per pass.
There is nothing new to what Boldin is doing, he has had 200+ yard games before. He has made amazing catches before, He knows how to get open.
There is nothing new about Vernon Davis being wide open, or catching touchdowns.

There is nothing that I can see about the scheme that is helping us. All it has done is cause costly penalties, and set up 3rd and infinities. Our players OVERCAME these things with their own God given abilities. The scheme has only caused confusion and penalties.

I don't have a problem with the "play-calling" per se, or even the strategy. I thought our strategy was perfect. Its only the pre-snap activity that is hurting us.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,081
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
kudos: Boldin- what a baller!
OLine
Kap
Staley (for having his QB back!)
Vernon
Reid
Defense (for stepping up when the game was on the line)


This
Eric Reid for that tackle on Aaron Rogers on 2nd and 10 halfway through 4th quarter. Rogers had plenty room to run and would have had the first down but Reid came inflying out of nowhere and made a big time tackle making it 3rd and 4. Next play was an incompletion and a 4th down.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
GB's offense isn't nearly as complex. One of our defenders was saying yesterday that the Packer's don't do a lot of complicated things scheme/formation wise. It's mostly Rodgers' ability to adjust his throws to how the defender is playing his receiver that makes their offense so hard to stop. Basically, you can have a WR/TE covered, but Rodgers will adjust his ball placement based on how the defender is positioned, making their WRs virtually uncoverable.

But as far as complexity of their schemes/formations, there isn't a ton of it compared to what we do.


But we don't NEED all this crap. Just line up and play. It isn't HELPING us.

There is nothing new to what Kap was doing, he just had more passing attempts. He has always thrown for big yards and TD's per pass.
There is nothing new to what Boldin is doing, he has had 200+ yard games before. He has made amazing catches before, He knows how to get open.
There is nothing new about Vernon Davis being wide open, or catching touchdowns.

There is nothing that I can see about the scheme that is helping us. All it has done is cause costly penalties, and set up 3rd and infinities. Our players OVERCAME these things with their own God given abilities. The scheme has only caused confusion and penalties.

I don't have a problem with the "play-calling" per se, or even the strategy. I thought our strategy was perfect. Its only the pre-snap activity that is hurting us.

Clearly you and I don't know the cause/effect here. Maybe all the pre-snap activity is partly the reason why teams have difficulties stopping this pretty explosive offense. You say it's hurting us, but I see no actual/direct proof of that. IMO, Kap being a young QB still struggles to play at the right tempo, getting guys lined up immediately after the last play is over so there's enough time to call the next play, make all the pre-snap reads and execute.

Production-wise, it makes no sense to me to schematically change what they're doing or how they're doing it. What makes more sense is to have Kap play with better tempo, and that will happen over time. We forget sometimes that this is only his 11th start ever in the NFL.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Sep 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM ]
Kudos to me for not banning anyone yesterday!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Clearly you and I don't know the cause/effect here. Maybe all the pre-snap activity is partly the reason why teams have difficulties stopping this pretty explosive offense. You say it's hurting us, but I see no actual/direct proof of that. IMO, Kap being a young QB still struggles to play at the right tempo, getting guys lined up immediately after the last play is over so there's enough time to call the next play, make all the pre-snap reads and execute.

Production-wise, it makes no sense to me to schematically change what they're doing or how they're doing it. What makes more sense is to have Kap play with better tempo, and that will happen over time. We forget sometimes that this is only his 11th start ever in the NFL.


It it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

I see people shifting around, the clock winding down, Kap looking to his left, yelling at a TE (putting his eyes away from the gameclock), the TE begins to move, and then we call a timeout. We do a HECK of a lot of shifting, more than I have ever seen from this team. Is it the reason that we have been successful? I highly doubt it. It is the reason we are getting false starts, delay of games, wasted time outs? I think it is a strong contributing factor. Being able to prove it is obviously impossible.

We'll see how we look up in Seattle. I just don't want to picture a scene where Kap is running around, yelling at players to line up over here, over there. Where the clock is winding down, the crowd is deafening, and then we waste all our timeouts before the 1st quarter is even over.

We'll have to see how it all plays out in the ultimate pre-snap testing ground. Seattle.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home