LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Does Boldin's great performance overshadow a bigger problem at the receiver position?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by xela510:
Not sure why we didnt see Patton. He'll be a reliable throughout the season.

GOOD f**kING POINT!!!!!

Did he even come in for ONE snap?
they'll ease him in there, along with the others

Moore was only in for maybe a couple reps... not sure Baldwin got any, either
I keep waiting for KW to emerge as a Welker/Amendola type dude, but whatever. Boldin's numbers today were just absurd. Keep it goin I guess? woo lol
kyle wasnt the best but kaep underthrew a few of em to him and i believe he overthrew him once too. i dlike to see patton get involved a little bit too. boldin was just the hot hand, he was playing like a TE sitting in the holes in the defense and cleaning up
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
kyle wasnt the best but kaep underthrew a few of em to him and i believe he overthrew him once too. i dlike to see patton get involved a little bit too. boldin was just the hot hand, he was playing like a TE sitting in the holes in the defense and cleaning up

No doubt Kyle has a TD if Kap puts the ball in front of him. Lets be honest, Kyle is not going to win any jump balls in traffic at his size. I don't hold it against him.
unless other receivers step up my concern would be that kaepernick will tend to focus on boldin to the exclsusion of others...I think that happened a bit last year with crabtree...on that last series after 1st & goal vs ravens all 3 passes went to crabtree---that is something a defense can focus on
Not worried come December and January we will get crabs and maningham and be loaded wepons wise
Originally posted by 49erha:
Not worried come December and January we will get crabs and maningham and be loaded wepons wise

i cant wait til crabs comes back. manningham is decent too if he can come back 100% but Crabs, Boldin VD and Gore out there at once is scary
Originally posted by hofer36:
unless other receivers step up my concern would be that kaepernick will tend to focus on boldin to the exclsusion of others...I think that happened a bit last year with crabtree...on that last series after 1st & goal vs ravens all 3 passes went to crabtree---that is something a defense can focus on

I don't know about that we run all kinds of different bunch sets so the point is to get bolding open in this offense. But if boldin isn't open kap does look at other targets he's not the kind of guy who doesn't scan the field. If a guy is open he will get the ball, case in point vance McDonald and even moore got shots at it but if you're not catching those it's hard to trust you and go there more, boldin caught everyone but that slant and vd had a good day too.
kap had a 49er record breaking day and boldin goes over 200 yards and we're trying to find a PROBLEM???

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
kap had a 49er record breaking day and boldin goes over 200 yards and we're trying to find a PROBLEM???

Srsly. I would think Boldin's great performance means we DON'T have a problem at WR. We have a legit #1 WR while we wait for our other #1 to heal up.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Srsly. I would think Boldin's great performance means we DON'T have a problem at WR. We have a legit #1 WR while we wait for our other #1 to heal up.
and we have our number 2 coming back soon too. were gonna be so loaded goin into the playoffs
As long Kap is throwing the ball, dont worry about who's catching it.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Don't read too much into it. Today, one of the key tasks was to get Kap and Anquan acclimated with each other, to get them start establishing that rapport. It is important that Kap has a go-to guy without Crab. Once they can establish that chemistry,I am sure we will start exploring other wideout options. Is hard to play a bunch of young guys when you are playing such a tough opponent especially given is the first game of the season when you are still a little rusty. I am sure they will start phasing them in as times goes by.
Also, remember this is game 1. McDonald, Moore, Patton, Williams should all improve as the season goes on. Not a lot of chemistry yet between those guys and Kap. We will see how Manningham and Crabtree come back from their injuries but would be awesome if they were anywhere close to as good as they were last year. Vernon and McDonald then Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham/Patton, Williams/Moore looks really good to me. A little better than how we ended up in the SB with Crabtree, Moss, Ginn and Hall. Damn, losing Manningham and Williams hurt last year for that final stretch/playoffs.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 9, 2013 at 12:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:
Don't read too much into it. Today, one of the key tasks was to get Kap and Anquan acclimated with each other, to get them start establishing that rapport. It is important that Kap has a go-to guy without Crab. Once they can establish that chemistry,I am sure we will start exploring other wideout options. Is hard to play a bunch of young guys when you are playing such a tough opponent especially given is the first game of the season when you are still a little rusty. I am sure they will start phasing them in as times goes by.

exactly. Kaep know he has Boldin and VD for sure now. now he can establish some of the other guys
Share 49ersWebzone