LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Does Boldin's great performance overshadow a bigger problem at the receiver position?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The lack of talent at the receiver position is showing tonight
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Seattle's unique ability to shut down opposing offenses in Seattle is showing tonight.
I love how people talk about how great a secondary is leading up to a game. Then when that secondary does just what people expect of them there is omg we have problems. As if that defense sucks and the WRs are even worse.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

this
We needed Crabs so bad tonight, at least he knows how Sherman works, and can at least get inside his head.
Receivers weren't the problem last night...it was the guy throwing the ball.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

It was both.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

It was both.

Not really. Guys were getting open. Kaep wasn't seeing the field. Kaep was playing like the game was too fast for him. That was really odd to see. Maybe the noise was just too much for him still. I dunno. I am sure he'll get better.

It was both.

Not really. Guys were getting open. Kaep wasn't seeing the field. Kaep was playing like the game was too fast for him. That was really odd to see. Maybe the noise was just too much for him still. I dunno. I am sure he'll get better.

I don't know how you can say that...I'm re-watching the game right now....almost everytime Kap throws the ball away or an incomplete pass, they show a replay of the seattle corners grabbing or cover our receivers well.

I'm only in the 2nd QTR right now..but i remember the Patton in the endzone where he seemed open, but Big Sherm was eyeing Kap and looked like he was going to jump the route. (even though Sherm was with another player) it didn't seem like Patton was even an option on that play, because the next read was to Kap's left....but if he did throw it to Patton, he would've had to throw a PERFECT pass..like the one he threw to Crabtree against Arizona in the redzone.

Sherm was playing out of his mind last night.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

It was both.

I don't know how you can say that...I'm re-watching the game right now....almost everytime Kap throws the ball away or an incomplete pass, they show a replay of the seattle corners grabbing or cover our receivers well.

I'm only in the 2nd QTR right now..but i remember the Patton in the endzone where he seemed open, but Big Sherm was eyeing Kap and looked like he was going to jump the route. (even though Sherm was with another player) it didn't seem like Patton was even an option on that play, because the next read was to Kap's left....but if he did throw it to Patton, he would've had to throw a PERFECT pass..like the one he threw to Crabtree against Arizona in the redzone.

Sherm was playing out of his mind last night.

Pass to Gore overthrown, pass to Boldin underthrown. I think Kyle was open on the same pass as Patton if I remember correctly. I haven't even reviewed the film. I will though. I'm not saying he'd look like a superstar...that defense was tough. I am saying there was a lot of football left on that field. I think he'll watch film and learn from it..but it hurts this time around.

Again, I don't put this on the receivers more than from a team standpoint. The OL was a bigger problem in comparison.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM ]

It was both.

On some plays they were and Kap missed. On some the WRs could not separate and Kaep had nowhere to go. They showed a montage of our receivers getting held and mugged a few times during the broadcast.
Bump
Share 49ersWebzone