LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Does Boldin's great performance overshadow a bigger problem at the receiver position?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by Baldie:
I think the problem is......do we sign Crabs or Boldin to an extension? Anyway we can keep both?

Bolding 2 year extension

Crabtree 5 year extension.

The Niners have been so long without a 1-2 punch, wouldn't this be nice.
that would be ideal but it depends on how much crabtree will demand, he did hold out once before
Do people really expect a QB to think "My #1 read has been open for too many consecutive snaps,...I'm not going to throw to him the next time he's open."

???
Originally posted by random49er:
Do people really expect a QB to think "My #1 read has been open for too many consecutive snaps,...I'm not going to throw to him the next time he's open."

???

lol yes they do
No. Not for us.
Look the QB makes the receiver not the other way around. Kaep is just about at the point where he will make the receivers he plays with better. Look at Fitzgerald, 4 TD's last season, no qb and it doesnt matter whose throwing the ball. If it is a good enough QB the yards will come, any receiver that has made it to the pro's can catch a football if it is thrown to the right spot.

???

it's a trap!

???

Yes, and people still believe the earth is flat and the moon is made of cheese...no big deal.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
I think the problem is......do we sign Crabs or Boldin to an extension? Anyway we can keep both?

Bolding 2 year extension

that would be ideal but it depends on how much crabtree will demand, he did hold out once before

I think Mike takes the money and signs with Dallas.
This is William's last chance to prove himself... With the "legion of Dumb" targeting Boldin and Davis, Williams should be open regularly. No more excuses.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Bolding 2 year extension

I think Mike takes the money and signs with Dallas.

Dallas doesn't have any money do they? They need to pay Dez and Miles. Then you already have Romo and Witten. I don't think they can afford Crabtree if we can't
Originally posted by vermonator:
This is William's last chance to prove himself... With the "legion of Dumb" targeting Boldin and Davis, Williams should be open regularly. No more excuses.

Totally agree with this. Williams should have a big game. We need him to have a big game and if he doesn't step up #11 needs to see more snaps going forward.

Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by vermonator:

Totally agree with this. Williams should have a big game. We need him to have a big game and if he doesn't step up #11 needs to see more snaps going forward.

Agree--it will be telling if he can't get off the snide, all the attention going elsewhere. That said, their CBs may be too strong for Williams and Moore or Baldwin may be better suited for this game. Would love some plays that allow WR blocking on the CBs...establish themselves.
Kyle Williams this it it.

I like Kyle, but being in a contract year, he has to show that he can be more than a #4 receiver in this offense by having a nice game. Something like 5 catches, over 60 yards and maybe a nice deep pass hauled in or making a tough catch. Much ado has been made about the misses CK had last week. However, every pass will not be perfect. The one he got he his hands on pretty good he has to get. I also would like it if all five receivers are active this game.
I think the 49ers will be fine as long as they don't have any more injuries.

Check out Patton on the play where Kap was locked in on Boldin and threw it into a tight window when GB had double coverage. Patton ran a good route, sold the deep route enough to keep the CB away and the cut he made would have picked up a 1st on that play too.

Also, Kyle Williams was showing no ill effects from his knee injury. He was blowing past CBs all game. The one we all know where it was an underthrown pass and Shields was able to recover and deflect it and earlier in the game when Kap over threw Kyle when he got behind the CB. This video Kyle gets behind Tramon Williams, granted I think Tramon wasn't too concerned because he had deep safety help... but Kyle still did it.

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
We all saw how great Boldin played today. But the only other receiver to catch a ball was Kyle Williams, who had 3 catches for 36 yards. Should we be concerned that no other receivers had any production? What if Boldin gets shut down next week? Do you guys believe that any other RECEIVER (not tight end) will step up and make some plays?

The little reps that Moore and Patton got, I found that they never had good separation. Also, they were only targeted once throughout the whole game. The Niners kept the RO in their back pocket to save the GB game in the postseason. I have a feeling that they will do the same this coming Sunday. Who that player will be, I do not know but I hope it's the General.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
I think the 49ers will be fine as long as they don't have any more injuries.

Check out Patton on the play where Kap was locked in on Boldin and threw it into a tight window when GB had double coverage. Patton ran a good route, sold the deep route enough to keep the CB away and the cut he made would have picked up a 1st on that play too.

Also, Kyle Williams was showing no ill effects from his knee injury. He was blowing past CBs all game. The one we all know where it was an underthrown pass and Shields was able to recover and deflect it and earlier in the game when Kap over threw Kyle when he got behind the CB. This video Kyle gets behind Tramon Williams, granted I think Tramon wasn't too concerned because he had deep safety help... but Kyle still did it.

Have you posted links to the complete all-22 yet? Big thanks if you can help me find it.
Share 49ersWebzone