There are 170 users in the forums

Impressions after today's game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
what I got from that game, packers dline is full of fat dudes. the offensive line holds on every play for the packers, and should have been way more calls for it. But overall team looks fine, should jell as the season goes and also improve when crab and manham come back.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
the run blocking wasn't there but the oline did a great job protecting kap....

I think it was more of a case of the Packers keying on the run & basically saying, "If you're gonna beat us, you're gonna have to do it through the air."
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
my impression was that there was hella green bay fans even though it didn't seem like it in the crowd.....

Agreed, looking at the crowd all red hardly any green but yet heard Let's Go Pack chants during the game and also was loud for a few of their tds/big plays. Guess their few fans were just loud. Anybody at the game got an estimate? Side note, nice that we are chanting Let's Go Niners as always but do it during the commercial breaks, not while our offense is in the huddle.

Niner fans only seem to make noise for night games or playoff games.

Ridiculous when Kuhn ran for a first down the crowd went "Kuuuuuuuuhn" like they do in GB.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Niner fans only seem to make noise for night games or playoff games.

Ridiculous when Kuhn ran for a first down the crowd went "Kuuuuuuuuhn" like they do in GB.

I'd like to think they were booing.
Boldin beating the s**t out of Sheilds during the fight was cool too lol
damn I got hella gas righ tnow
Based on my observation i think the Packers focused on stopping our run game and the read option.
They made Kaep beat them through air, in which he did...
I think if teams started to focus on stopping our passing attack, our run game should see improvement
49ERS SUXXX ON RUN D....
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
49ERS SUXXX ON RUN D....

first game, no tape out on the packers. beginning of the season is usually like that. niners are good at making adjustments at the half, i think its because they break down film well. and they did just play one of the best QBs in the league
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
first game, no tape out on the packers. beginning of the season is usually like that. niners are good at making adjustments at the half, i think its because they break down film well. and they did just play one of the best QBs in the league

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Boldin beating the s**t out of Sheilds during the fight was cool too lol

Gif of this + his pancake block please
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I agree Roman takes too long to get the calls in sometimes.

I don't know if anyone caught this, but at some point in the 4th quarter when we had the ball, there was a shot of Harbaugh on his headset and he screamed "Shut Up!". I think he was telling Roman to quite yapping and get the play call in lol. Anyone else see this?

I didn't see it, but I will tell you why it makes sense. Remember Kap's interview straight after the Super Bowl loss ? When asked by the media, he said we didn't have a play call for cover zero during that infamous "last 5 yard" drive whereby he had to audible and called for a fade to Crab. I can't see how Kap would BS about that and lay blame on others.

If this is indeed true, Harbaugh will need to put his size 12 on Roman's a**. Seriously, if the same sh*t happens again next week up in Clink ? We will get our as*es kicked again !! And I am not joking !!
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by fryet:
I wasn't quite as impressed with Reid. He made some good plays, but he also missed at least 1 tackle, plus I saw him out of position on another. The missed tackles on the secondary surprised me the most. Our pash rush against a weak OL also disappointed me. Aaron Rodgers had a ton of time to pass the ball. I guess considering that, I am surprised the 49ers only gave up 28 points. Also, where is our red zone defense? Defense plays well when the opponent if +50 yards away, and then tends to collapse when the team gets inside our 20. I am trying to figure out if we still have a good defense or not.

You were not impressed with Reid? Hahaha. Outside of the one missed tackle he got my game ball on D. Guy was a stud out there. Have no idea what you watched.

Yeah I think he stood out as the best player on our defense today, actually. Seemed like he was the only guy who could tackle in the open field, and he did it by using his shoulder and hitting like a truck.

Yes, Kap, Boldin and VD deserve the spotlight, but Reid's performance made me very happy. Considering how we played today and that we traded up to get him, I think we found ourselves a safety for the next decade.
Originally posted by Disp:
I like Patton a lot, but some of you are being pretty unfair to WIlliams. The first bomb Kaepernick overthrew him when he was open and the second one he underthrew when Williams had Shields beat by 5 yards.

I hold my breath anytime the ball comes near Williams. He seems to get open deep but he's short and that makes for a more difficult target. There are players on the roster to fill his roles. Cox gives me the impression he's going to make a big play in the return game every time he fields a kickoff or punt. I guess the 2011 NFC Championship is a game I won't forget anytime soon.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I hold my breath anytime the ball comes near Williams. He seems to get open deep but he's short and that makes for a more difficult target. There are players on the roster to fill his roles. Cox gives me the impression he's going to make a big play in the return game every time he fields a kickoff or punt. I guess the 2011 NFC Championship is a game I won't forget anytime soon.

Let it go that was an eternity ago
Share 49ersWebzone