There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Impressions after today's game

I like Patton a lot, but some of you are being pretty unfair to WIlliams. The first bomb Kaepernick overthrew him when he was open and the second one he underthrew when Williams had Shields beat by 5 yards.
I don't know about you guys but I'm waiting for Williams to either break out or get out. 20 catches and 200 yards a season won't cut it for me. Although, I would agree could possibly have been a td if the pass was on target. I thought he dropped it at first but the db did get his hands in there (probably a tiny bit early). Still wish he would have came down with that. We will see how he does this year but I think he's more of a #3 slot or #4/5 WR then a #2 WR. Moore, Manningham and Williams are all free agents so kind of a good thing we can re-sign who does the best and likely move on from the rest. We will see but hopefully it looks something like Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, Baldwin, Manningham or Moore or Williams or none, rookie?.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
my impression was that there was hella green bay fans even though it didn't seem like it in the crowd.....

Agreed, looking at the crowd all red hardly any green but yet heard Let's Go Pack chants during the game and also was loud for a few of their tds/big plays. Guess their few fans were just loud. Anybody at the game got an estimate? Side note, nice that we are chanting Let's Go Niners as always but do it during the commercial breaks, not while our offense is in the huddle.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 9, 2013 at 12:06 AM ]
what I got from that game, packers dline is full of fat dudes. the offensive line holds on every play for the packers, and should have been way more calls for it. But overall team looks fine, should jell as the season goes and also improve when crab and manham come back.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
the run blocking wasn't there but the oline did a great job protecting kap....

I think it was more of a case of the Packers keying on the run & basically saying, "If you're gonna beat us, you're gonna have to do it through the air."
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
my impression was that there was hella green bay fans even though it didn't seem like it in the crowd.....

Agreed, looking at the crowd all red hardly any green but yet heard Let's Go Pack chants during the game and also was loud for a few of their tds/big plays. Guess their few fans were just loud. Anybody at the game got an estimate? Side note, nice that we are chanting Let's Go Niners as always but do it during the commercial breaks, not while our offense is in the huddle.

Niner fans only seem to make noise for night games or playoff games.

Ridiculous when Kuhn ran for a first down the crowd went "Kuuuuuuuuhn" like they do in GB.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Niner fans only seem to make noise for night games or playoff games.

Ridiculous when Kuhn ran for a first down the crowd went "Kuuuuuuuuhn" like they do in GB.

I'd like to think they were booing.
Boldin beating the s**t out of Sheilds during the fight was cool too lol
damn I got hella gas righ tnow
Based on my observation i think the Packers focused on stopping our run game and the read option.
They made Kaep beat them through air, in which he did...
I think if teams started to focus on stopping our passing attack, our run game should see improvement
49ERS SUXXX ON RUN D....
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
49ERS SUXXX ON RUN D....

first game, no tape out on the packers. beginning of the season is usually like that. niners are good at making adjustments at the half, i think its because they break down film well. and they did just play one of the best QBs in the league
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
first game, no tape out on the packers. beginning of the season is usually like that. niners are good at making adjustments at the half, i think its because they break down film well. and they did just play one of the best QBs in the league

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Boldin beating the s**t out of Sheilds during the fight was cool too lol

Gif of this + his pancake block please
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I agree Roman takes too long to get the calls in sometimes.

I don't know if anyone caught this, but at some point in the 4th quarter when we had the ball, there was a shot of Harbaugh on his headset and he screamed "Shut Up!". I think he was telling Roman to quite yapping and get the play call in lol. Anyone else see this?


I didn't see it, but I will tell you why it makes sense. Remember Kap's interview straight after the Super Bowl loss ? When asked by the media, he said we didn't have a play call for cover zero during that infamous "last 5 yard" drive whereby he had to audible and called for a fade to Crab. I can't see how Kap would BS about that and lay blame on others.

If this is indeed true, Harbaugh will need to put his size 12 on Roman's a**. Seriously, if the same sh*t happens again next week up in Clink ? We will get our as*es kicked again !! And I am not joking !!