There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Impressions after today's game

Originally posted by jreff22:
I want to know why we keep faking handoffs on the wrong side.

Gore is a football rainman. He knows defenses enough so that when they are bringing a blitz he doesnt even mess with trying to fake a handoff and makes sure Kaep stays upright.
Kap gonna have to work on getting them plays off off crisp ( and not all the way down to 5 or less seconds too) were going to Seattle !
When people say the secondary played like crap, I really wonder what do you guys expect? I mean when the pass rush is inconsistent, they are going to struggle against one of THE best QBs in the game. Do you expect to shut the Packers down? Take away the two long Nelson completions which came from the DBs having to cover all day, they did well preventing big plays. My only complaint was the missed tackle from Nnamdi on 3rd and long as well as Cox's on Finley. Heck, even Reid missed two tackles but this was game 1 so can't be too mad.

But to my overall point, the secondary did not play as bad as some think. When a great QB like Rodgers has all day, you are at his mercy.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by jreff22:
So who is the #2 WR?

Vernon.

Yup
Originally posted by bzborow1:
To be fair, the 49ers were taking what they were given. Another point I'd like to make here is that the offense is going to change a bit with a new QB at the helm, and an excellent one at that. Alex was good but limited, so you need to protect him and run the ball a ton. With Kaep's ability to throw downfield as great as it is I would argue you take advantage of that. Unless this becomes a trend, or Gore has lost a step, I'm thinking the running game will make an appearance before all is said and done.

I agree. I have no problem with the amount of runs. Just want to see more traditional run plays vs running out of the pistol. CK is legit. I say let it fly. I expect teams to start doubling Boldin leaving 1 on 1's for the 2nd wr. And leaving nobody to help cover VD. This offense is a gonna cause headaches.
the run blocking wasn't there but the oline did a great job protecting kap....
my impression was that there was hella green bay fans even though it didn't seem like it in the crowd.....
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I think Kap tried to go deep to KWilliams three times, hope they can get that going next week
Originally posted by pdizo916:
the run blocking wasn't there but the oline did a great job protecting kap....

This. Usually it is the other way around.

As someone mentioned above. We were at home and had trouble with getting play off. If they can't speed that up they will be in trouble in Seattle next week.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I agree. I have no problem with the amount of runs. Just want to see more traditional run plays vs running out of the pistol. CK is legit. I say let it fly. I expect teams to start doubling Boldin leaving 1 on 1's for the 2nd wr. And leaving nobody to help cover VD. This offense is a gonna cause headaches.

The pistol is just a formation. They are still tradional run plays, just an offset I.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I wasn't quite as impressed with Reid. He made some good plays, but he also missed at least 1 tackle, plus I saw him out of position on another. The missed tackles on the secondary surprised me the most. Our pash rush against a weak OL also disappointed me. Aaron Rodgers had a ton of time to pass the ball. I guess considering that, I am surprised the 49ers only gave up 28 points. Also, where is our red zone defense? Defense plays well when the opponent if +50 yards away, and then tends to collapse when the team gets inside our 20. I am trying to figure out if we still have a good defense or not.
also, we almost doubled their time of possession.

Originally posted by SportsFan:
This. Usually it is the other way around.

As someone mentioned above. We were at home and had trouble with getting play off. If they can't speed that up they will be in trouble in Seattle next week.

It's so f**king stupid that they STILL have this issue. They need to improve on this AND stop wasting timeouts.....
Impressions:

1. I think we need to give some more reps to Patton in place of Williams. I just think that Patton is a better receiver than Williams.
2. The offense still has serious game management issues. This isn't just a Kap issue...they need to figure out how to get the f**king play in on time and give Kap the time to make pre-snap reads.
3. I thought the blocking was a disaster today...on several designed runs you got a complete breakdown,
4. Tackling in the secondary was a serious problem. This did improve a bit in the second half.
5. Kap had a great day, but I think he needs to continue to work on his ball placement and throwing his receivers open.
6. I like Kap's maturity today. He didn't let Matthews get in his head, and showed excellent leadership out there.
7. I kind of knew that Boldin would be great for us...however reliance on him could jeopardize his health....he did get hurt out there today (turned out to not be serious), but this is a serious risk. We'd be dead in the water without his help in the passing game. He accounted for greater than 50% of Kap's passing yds.
8. I was disappointed in the pass rush...they had an off day today. We need much better than this from them, As it stands, they are exposing our secondary.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
We NEED to elevate Patton to #2 Kyle Williams is NOT the answer opposite side Boldin

The only DB that played his butt off was Eric Reid pretty sad the Best DB out there was a rookie the rest of the bunch Rogers, Whitner,Brown & Asomugha played like crap through most of the game.

Where was the passrush too? i was asking this the whole game

Originally posted by fryet:
I wasn't quite as impressed with Reid. He made some good plays, but he also missed at least 1 tackle, plus I saw him out of position on another. The missed tackles on the secondary surprised me the most. Our pash rush against a weak OL also disappointed me. Aaron Rodgers had a ton of time to pass the ball. I guess considering that, I am surprised the 49ers only gave up 28 points. Also, where is our red zone defense? Defense plays well when the opponent if +50 yards away, and then tends to collapse when the team gets inside our 20. I am trying to figure out if we still have a good defense or not.

You were not impressed with Reid? Hahaha. Outside of the one missed tackle he got my game ball on D. Guy was a stud out there. Have no idea what you watched.