There are 296 users in the forums

How was the Niners Pass Rush

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
There were all game and the refs didn't make a call against it. But they were fine, but need to improve much more for the rest of the season. Especially against RG3 and Luck.

Uh the Raiders were competitive with Colts and nearly pulled it out. Not worried about Luck & Indy. Harbaugh will give the defense tips on how to screw him over.

We can't slack against any team, every sunday is different.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Simply don't understand not rotating players in to give guys a rest. Brooks only got near the QB 1 time today and on that play he received a 15 yard penalty for hitting Rogers late. Didn't see Lemonier or Skuta at OLB all day.

multiple series where Justin Smith was not in at all or until 3rd down.

we only got 3 sacks against this team last year during the opening game and one during the playoffs.

2 today. Rodgers knows how to avoid pressure and make plays
Originally posted by gold49digger:
We can't slack against any team, every sunday is different.

Per a recent thread, there just aren't going to be many blowouts. It is evident that there is a lot of talent and parity in the league and that even the best teams are occasionally going to lose to an underdog.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
hamstrung by the refs who let GB hold all game

The pass rush was very sub par and invisible for much of the game. We had to start bringing an extra LB to generate any pressure and looks like nothing has changed from last season. We DEFINITELY need to start playing Lemioner on more passing downs for Brooks.

Far too often just as last year, it is Aldon or bust.
Not bad for the 1st game.

Cowboy, as usual, seemed to get stronger as the game wore on.

Those guys aren't punks - they're a championship caliber team and they lost to a better team.

Great start to build on.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
it was alright... it sure wasn't like Tyson rushing Givens tho.......
Fellas don't be fooled with the few sacks we got and occasional hurries, the pass rush was VERY inconsistent for the most part. We had to start bringing a extra guy because the front four wasn't getting the job done. SAME exact thing happened last year and it needs to change. It does no good to have great depth if we are not going to use it.
Brooks pulled a whodini
Whurz my lemonade guy?

• Garce
  • Veteran
I was surprised that even with some solid rotation guys we stuck to our normal deal, almost no subbing in our front seven.
Originally posted by Garcia:
I was surprised that even with some solid rotation guys we stuck to our normal deal, almost no subbing in our front seven.

That surprised me too. I was expecting to at least see Dorsey sub in. Did he play at all?
Originally posted by SofaKing:
That surprised me too. I was expecting to at least see Dorsey sub in. Did he play at all?

Dorsey subbed in for Cowboy for a series. Packers went down the field and scored. Cowboy was back for the next series.
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:

Dorsey subbed in for Cowboy for a series. Packers went down the field and scored. Cowboy was back for the next series.

Thanks for the info. I didn't notice him at all, hence why Cowboy subbed right back in lol.
Thanks for the info. I didn't notice him at all, hence why Cowboy subbed right back in lol.

Dorsey really didn't do anything noticeable, for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone