LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 442 users in the forums

NFL says Staley shoudn't have had penalty. Shouldve been first and goal at the 3.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by willtalk:
Notice how Bolton didn't allow himself to get sucked into a retaliation penalty when the defender continually grab an pull him down to the ground long after the play was over on the 15 yarder at the end of the game. It was so obvious that the defender was trying to bait him and AB just did nothing. Smart!

Staleys penalty was bogus. He was simply holding Matthews to keep him away. No punch, no nothing.
The packers are pseudo-tough, they played dirty and got shown up for the clownshoes they are. f**k Matthews, f**k Rogers, f**k that oompa loompa coach and f**k everything about Green Bay.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Clay-To be or not to be a Fabio wanna be..that is the question.
A. Smith should have 2 1/2 sacks not 2
1 in the first series of the game
1/2 with RayMac
1 at the end of the game

I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR C. MATTHEWS
Originally posted by willtalk:
Notice how Bolton didn't allow himself to get sucked into a retaliation penalty when the defender continually grab an pull him down to the ground long after the play was over on the 15 yarder at the end of the game. It was so obvious that the defender was trying to bait him and AB just did nothing. Smart!

That's cuz Micheal Bolton is a lover, not a fighter.
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:
so obviously the late hit was typical roid rage nonsense (he's getting busted sooner or later, i swear to god the dude is the spitting image of Lattimer from "the program")
but I digress...

My issue is why the FiretrUCK didnt the ref throw a flag after the sack when he got in Kaps face? after all that BS about how they are gonna cut down on taunting? WTF????

Tell me about it, and meanwhile Aldon Smith got flagged last year after sacking rogers when his helmet was sliding off his head.

Also what is really bothering me is that people keep b***hing that the refs gave us an extra down on that late hit by Clay Matthews. That's b******t because there should have been another flag on Clay Matthews for slapping Joe Staley across the face twice. Staley gets flagged for just getting into Clay's face after he late hit Kap, and Clay doesn't even get flagged for slapping him in the face twice?! So I don't want to hear s**t from people b***hing about refs blowing the call. Staley didn't do s**t and got flagged, while Clay punches him in the f**kin face mask and gets away with it!
Originally posted by MarkD:
Clay-To be or not to be a Fabio wanna be..that is the question.

LOL
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
A. Smith should have 2 1/2 sacks not 2
1 in the first series of the game
1/2 with RayMac
1 at the end of the game

I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR C. MATTHEWS

Yeah what's up with giving him only 1.5. That's s**t.
the thing that pissed me off is the stupid offsetting penalty? Why the hell does defending your QB get a penalty? The fight that ensued should have offset and the 15 yard late hit should have stayed.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
the thing that pissed me off is the stupid offsetting penalty? Why the hell does defending your QB get a penalty? The fight that ensued should have offset and the 15 yard late hit should have stayed.

Or the multiple punches to Staley's helmet not getting called even though it was right in front of the ref. Mathews should of been ejected, late hit + throwing punches and yet a slap on the wrist penalty is BS.

Originally posted by 5280High:

Or the multiple punches to Staley's helmet not getting called even though it was right in front of the ref. Mathews should of been ejected, late hit + throwing punches and yet a slap on the wrist penalty is BS.

Yup exactly guys. Yet all these Fudge packer fans and analysts are complaining about how the refs blew the call. Staley should have never been flagged, Matthews should have been flagged twice on that play for the late hit and slapping Staley across the face twice, and he should have been ejected. Plus Matthews should have gotten a taunting penalty after he sacked Kap and got in his face. f**k that buff ass girl.

I'm just glad that despite Clay Matthews' bad intentions the better team still won.
Originally posted by sdniner:
I'm just glad that despite Clay Matthews' bad intentions the better team still won.

yes I agree, its also funny how Kaep grew up a Packer fan and Rodgers a 9er fan, and here they are rivals now on opposite teams.
Originally posted by cheesehead:
You won't find a bigger Packer fan, but I'm really tired of seeing and hearing my fellow green and gold compadres complain about the "missed referee call" on getting that personal foul squabble settled. Clay Matthews is a tremendous player and made several good plays- that being said he started a fire when he expressed how you stop a guy like Colin Kap. He then proceeds by blatantly diving out of bounds to lay a hit on the QB when he clearly is out of bounds--this was not a mental mistake, this was an aggressive attempt and sending a message.

49'ers had every right to come to their QB's defense, Green Bay would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed. We deserved to be penalized there and I thought it was generous of the refs to basically eliminate the penalty all together. We were given an opportunity to stop them and we failed to, plain and simple.

Tremendous game either way you look at it. Green Bay played an elite team at home and almost beat them. I have a feeling we'll be seeing the 49'ers again in the playoffs, hopefully with both teams healthy. This to me wasn't the revenge game--revenge game comes later. Hats off to you San Fran, your team looks for real, but so are we.

From the packers forums
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by cheesehead:
You won't find a bigger Packer fan, but I'm really tired of seeing and hearing my fellow green and gold compadres complain about the "missed referee call" on getting that personal foul squabble settled. Clay Matthews is a tremendous player and made several good plays- that being said he started a fire when he expressed how you stop a guy like Colin Kap. He then proceeds by blatantly diving out of bounds to lay a hit on the QB when he clearly is out of bounds--this was not a mental mistake, this was an aggressive attempt and sending a message.

49'ers had every right to come to their QB's defense, Green Bay would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed. We deserved to be penalized there and I thought it was generous of the refs to basically eliminate the penalty all together. We were given an opportunity to stop them and we failed to, plain and simple.

Tremendous game either way you look at it. Green Bay played an elite team at home and almost beat them. I have a feeling we'll be seeing the 49'ers again in the playoffs, hopefully with both teams healthy. This to me wasn't the revenge game--revenge game comes later. Hats off to you San Fran, your team looks for real, but so are we.

From the packers forums

Nice to hear. I don't feel like we got a gift from the refs b/c Staley should have never been penalized in the first place. He did nothing wrong other than get in the face of Matthews who by the way threw a punch at Staley. So if we're talking about penalties here it should have been:

1. Personal foul on Matthews - late hit out of bounds.
2. Personal foul on Matthews - punch to the face/neck on Staley
Originally posted by VancouverNiner:
i had respect for the pack this morning. that respect is gone and im glad were giving it to them after having to deal with favre from the 90's.

didnt think they would sink to being a bunch of chippy little girls.

clay should have been called for taunting getting in kaps face like that...

we got the most calm collected cool QB in the nfl... props to kap for walking away, shaking clays hand at the end of the game and than making him look like a fool in the presser.

kaps got everything figured out... takes his shots on the field when he sees them... takes his shots in the presser when he hears them... kap for president.

Being from Wisconsin, almost all of my friends and family are Packer fans. You are absolutely right about what it was like through the 80's and 90's. Yesterday I watched the game at a friends house in Wisconsin and when he was being all glum at the end of the game, I said something to the extent of him knowing what I felt like for over a decade.

I thought Clay Matthews was a roided up pretty boy before and now I think he's a cheap ass, roided up pretty boy. The really cool fathead of him will be taken when he finally gets suspended and is home watching games on his couch...underneath all of the other really cool fatheads.

Boldin for a 6th. can't stop laughing.

Laughing harder at Joe Flacco.

Lastly, Colin Kaepernick. WOW! Two words: TOTAL QUARTERBACK.
Share 49ersWebzone