There are 40 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Michael Crabtree who?

• fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
208 yds, 13 passes. Last time that happened had to have been Jerry Rice...I'm guessing 17-20 yrs ago. Somebody let me know. All that "stuff" about how our WRs are going to fall off this yr? Did they really look at Anquan Boldin in the SB, playing for a team that didn't pass that much. Then Vernon, came thru like a champ, kyle catching passes that we had to have...

But in the end, when we absolutely, postitively had to have it, it was Anquan...and Kap , not a bad day himself at 412 yrds, put it on the money. GB came in and stopped our run game. In second half, mercifully, Roman started calling passes. But still and all, the Anquan show will be remembered yrs from now. You do have to wonder if he can do this game in , game out. Whatever, Anquan, you are the greatest, and thank you for becoming a 49er....the only Raven not to go to the White HOuse an meet the president. Why? He wanted to stay here and work with his team. Now, where do I get a #81 jersey?

Crbs who?

Love ya, bro. But think about it this way.....Q, Crabs, and VD.
- Boldin
- Crabs
- Williams / Patton?

Can't wait.
wow, where is the loyalty. Crabs was playing great, and was a beast on third downs. They turn so easy.
Call me stupid, but I think our 3 receiver lineup with Bouldin, Crabtree, and Manningham once the last two get healthy is by far the best 3 receiver lineup in the NFL.
Originally posted by Ninersince88:
Call me stupid, but I think our 3 receiver lineup with Bouldin, Crabtree, and Manningham once the last two get healthy is by far the best 3 receiver lineup in the NFL.

and still have VD and Mcdonald.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
and still have VD and Mcdonald.

Yea, VD compliments those three so well, because those three aren't burners by any stretch of the imagination, so VD with his speed can step into that role.
Lifelongniner, I would love to have had Crabs and Anquan. But we didn't. So we move on. Vernon had a great game, but after that, Kap (or more probably, Roman) reverted to Anquan and then Vernon, only. Frank did get one, kyle caught one and then was grossly underthrown by Kap( I don't think Kap was factoring Kyle's speed), Vance I believe got a pass. What I had hoped to see and didn't was passes to moore(he did have one thrown at him), patton, Vance, Baldwin(did he even suit up? as well as Anquan. Not hard to guess who gets doubled in SEA. That is why, with all this young talent, vance, patton, moore, plus LMJ, I had hoped to see the passes spread around a bit. Well, they did get spread around, but it was a teeny bit. We have the talent to spread the ball around. ...but didn't use it or Kap/roman didn't trust those guys. I can understand that against GB , SEA, and then Texans. But sooner rather than later, we are going to have to use our new WRs and TE, and get the ball spread around a lot more evenly. Actually, if we don't run a spread O, I could see Anquan with 3 guys on him....and THAT is when you want to have confidence in other guys.

My other concern is, just how mobile and able to cut will crbs be when back. Right now, nobody has any idea.

Brian, Kap did throw 40 times. But, GB came in after last yrs debacle and planned to stop the run. I guess in a situation like that you expect to throw 40 times.
They did stop the run, just not well enough on a few plays: Frank at Goal line, hunter on 30 yrd run.

Donnie D, agree it will be impossible to keep Crbs at $10mil/yr, which he will demand....and we can't afford. As you explained to MEMPHIS , we gotta extend Kap and Iupati, plus a LB or two, and Crabs comes after that. Look at AB's projected salaries for next yr, and you will note the money isn't there. So crbs plays this yr when he is healthy ,and next yr, unless he gets traded so we get something instead of nothing the following yr (2015) when he leaves. Personally I would hate to see that, but kap and Iupati are way more important.

But all this has already been attended to by trent /JH, and that is why we have patton, moore, Vance all brought in this yr. They are anticipating losing crabs after next yr to FA...and they currently have enough talent on the sidelines to take over his role. But that means extending Anquan for a couple yrs also, and not for the cheap, either. It is obvious, Baltimore made a huge mistake letting him walk, but he would have next yr anyway, when his contract ran out...and then they would get nothing. Bad decision but I get it. Like I said in an earlier thread, I didn't understand football until I learned from AB. Without understanding cap football, you really don't understand football at all.

And Fropawns, I love that lineup, Anquan, Vernon, Crabs... and have mentioned it myself. It is just that we can't afford to keep Crabs after next yr, when as noted above, Crabs is going to demand $10mil/yr, and he will get it somewhere, Miami, bucs, raiders...you know, the usual culprits.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think we should offer Crab, Vernon, our 1st round and a 3rd rounder in next year's draft to NY Jets for their 1st rounder if they were to finish on the top 3 of the draft.

It'll be an instant offense for them, more picks, and we get to choose the best CB available or even draft WR Watkins (Clemson)!!

stupid. lol u ran into that but I dont think manningham is all that great. once crabs comes back and we have Boldin Crabs and VD on the field at once, THAT is the best receiving threesome in the nfl i think
Lifelongniner, I would love to have had Crabs and Anquan. But we didn't. So we move on. Vernon had a great game, but after that, Kap (or more probably, Roman) reverted to Anquan and then Vernon, only. Frank did get one, kyle caught one and then was grossly underthrown by Kap( I don't think Kap was factoring Kyle's speed), Vance I believe got a pass. What I had hoped to see and didn't was passes to moore(he did have one thrown at him), patton, Vance, Baldwin(did he even suit up? as well as Anquan. Not hard to guess who gets doubled in SEA. That is why, with all this young talent, vance, patton, moore, plus LMJ, I had hoped to see the passes spread around a bit. Well, they did get spread around, but it was a teeny bit. We have the talent to spread the ball around. ...but didn't use it or Kap/roman didn't trust those guys. I can understand that against GB , SEA, and then Texans. But sooner rather than later, we are going to have to use our new WRs and TE, and get the ball spread around a lot more evenly. Actually, if we don't run a spread O, I could see Anquan with 3 guys on him....and THAT is when you want to have confidence in other guys.

My other concern is, just how mobile and able to cut will crbs be when back. Right now, nobody has any idea.

Brian, Kap did throw 40 times. But, GB came in after last yrs debacle and planned to stop the run. I guess in a situation like that you expect to throw 40 times.
They did stop the run, just not well enough on a few plays: Frank at Goal line, hunter on 30 yrd run.

Donnie D, agree it will be impossible to keep Crbs at $10mil/yr, which he will demand....and we can't afford. As you explained to MEMPHIS , we gotta extend Kap and Iupati, plus a LB or two, and Crabs comes after that. Look at AB's projected salaries for next yr, and you will note the money isn't there. So crbs plays this yr when he is healthy ,and next yr, unless he gets traded so we get something instead of nothing the following yr (2015) when he leaves. Personally I would hate to see that, but kap and Iupati are way more important.

But all this has already been attended to by trent /JH, and that is why we have patton, moore, Vance all brought in this yr. They are anticipating losing crabs after next yr to FA...and they currently have enough talent on the sidelines to take over his role. But that means extending Anquan for a couple yrs also, and not for the cheap, either. It is obvious, Baltimore made a huge mistake letting him walk, but he would have next yr anyway, when his contract ran out...and then they would get nothing. Bad decision but I get it. Like I said in an earlier thread, I didn't understand football until I learned from AB. Without understanding cap football, you really don't understand football at all.

And Fropawns, I love that lineup, Anquan, Vernon, Crabs... and have mentioned it myself. It is just that we can't afford to keep Crabs after next yr, when as noted above, Crabs is going to demand $10mil/yr, and he will get it somewhere, Miami, bucs, raiders...you know, the usual culprits.

Do not be so sure, we have some smart guys in the front office and as I said earlier, it is much easier to replace a linebacker or offensive lineman in the draft than gamble on a wr drafted high to pan out. More often than not they don't.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Do not be so sure, we have some smart guys in the front office and as I said earlier, it is much easier to replace a linebacker or offensive lineman in the draft than gamble on a wr drafted high to pan out. More often than not they don't.
i think it comes down to keeping Crabs or Iupati. Kap will get paid big time so theyre gonna have to let someone go. maybe crabs will want to stay tho now that we have Kap, every receiver wants to be great and Kap is definitely a guy who can make receivers look great. im hoping boldin is extended 2 more years as well but we'll see i guess

You're stupid.

But I don't know why you made me say that, because I agree with the rest of what you said.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

We have smart guys, but seriously, looking at the situation, we aren't just replacing a linebacker or offensive lineman. Those guys are top 3 at their position. Crabtree is not. If we extend Iupati, we aren't keeping Crabtree. I think it's telling that they haven't even gone to him yet.

Nonetheless, I expect the other receivers to be more involved next week. Seattle will not let it be all Anquan Boldin and Vernon Davis.
Honda, you may be right. But if it comes down to crabs vs Iupati, lines, always, FIRST....vince Lombardi. It was true back then and is today. We all know Kap will get his money, but we gotta keep Iupati if we want to protect Kap...and there is where Iupati is first, and crabs 2nd. Hey, I don't like that either, but it has to be that way....unless, Crbs takes a 20-25% hick and stays here....I don't see that happening, especially from a guy who sat out first half of season one in a contract dispute. he is all about money, all the time. We pay Iupati, and a couple others I forgot, and there's not enough money for crabs. Anquan is going to have to be paid....but short term compared to crabs. What he showed us yesterday we haven't seen here since Jerry Rice....and it was spectacular.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
- Boldin
- Crabs
- Williams / Patton?

Can't wait.

+ VD, Vance & Mario
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home