There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Michael Crabtree who?

Crabtree & Boldin out there together would be double beastly. Quit smoking crack.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Micheal Crabtree who will be the #1 receiver when he is ready to go again.

Crabtree has not proven to be as good of a WR as Boldin. I suspect when Crabtree comes back he'll be the #2.
Just because Boldin had a monster game doesn't mean we have to disrespect Michael Crabtree. I wish we could have them both. Hopefully Crabs makes it back before the season is up and can give a meaningful contribution. Same with Eric Reid's great first game replacing Dashon Goldson. Imagine going into Seattle with Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, and Vernon Davis?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Micheal Crabtree who will be the #1 receiver when he is ready to go again.

Crabtree has not proven to be as good of a WR as Boldin. I suspect when Crabtree comes back he'll be the #2.


Kap had nearly 40 passing attempts. Don't forget that.

If Kap had a game last year with 20 passing attempts, Crabs might get 100 yards. If you turn it into 40 attempts, it turns into 200 yards. Crabtree is just as capable as Boldin as long as he gets the attempts.
get well soon crabs
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Long season - excellent start for Kap to Boldin combo.

If Kap had a little more on the pass to KW he might have had closer to 500 yards.


KW isn't fast enough to make that far downfield in a few short seconds

Marlon Moore and Patton on the other hand....

Kyle Williams is the fastest receiver on the team.

He is not a #2 in my book. A 3 at best.

I agree. However, it doesn't change the fact that he's faster than the other WRs.
As much as I'd love to keep Crabs, it's just not possible. We're gonna have to keep Boldin for awhile and develop these younger guys.
Our best wideout, that's who.
I'd at least like to re-sign Boldin for a couple years so we can see Crabtree, Boldin and VD line up on the same field next season with an entire offseason of working together.
I hope we keep crabtree after this season.
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
I hope we keep crabtree after this season.

this, best case scenario this injury and other receivers stepping up hurts his leverage just enough to make him affordable
cant believe i dont have crabs right now... im good with vd for the time being :-)
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
As much as I'd love to keep Crabs, it's just not possible. We're gonna have to keep Boldin for awhile and develop these younger guys.

Tell me why this is not possible. I think we will be able to get Crabtree to stay here just to be on a contender. Having Kap as his qb is going to help make his decision easier. We are going to start seeing guys willing to stick around just to be on a perennial contender lack back in the day. Not everyone is driven buy dollar signs like Da$hon Gold$on.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
As much as I'd love to keep Crabs, it's just not possible. We're gonna have to keep Boldin for awhile and develop these younger guys.

Tell me why this is not possible. I think we will be able to get Crabtree to stay here just to be on a contender. Having Kap as his qb is going to help make his decision easier. We are going to start seeing guys willing to stick around just to be on a perennial contender lack back in the day. Not everyone is driven buy dollar signs like Da$hon Gold$on.

Well we will have him for at least one season. However, I doubt he sticks around. He can go to a team that is a contender and still get paid more. Of course it won't be the 49ers, but teams like Green Bay, Dallas, New Orleans, and Houston come to mind. Not to say all those teams will throw a big contract at Crabtree, but if they did, I could see him bolting. What I don't expect is for Crabtree to sign with a loser, no matter how much is offered.

Also, it isn't possible because there just isn't enough room. We have to keep all of our linebackers, who are all in the top 5 at their positions, and three of those guys are 1/1a. We have to keep Vernon Davis. We have to keep Aldon Smith. We have to keep Colin Kaepernick. We have to keep our O-line. That's a lot of we have to keeps. It's one thing to sign Anquan Boldin on a short term deal after his contract expires. It's another to sign Crabtree to the longterm one he is going to deserve with all of this money the team already has committed to other players. I think it's very telling that they haven't even gone to him about an extension yet. I think the plan is to let him go and get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Well we will have him for at least one season. However, I doubt he sticks around. He can go to a team that is a contender and still get paid more. Of course it won't be the 49ers, but teams like Green Bay, Dallas, New Orleans, and Houston come to mind. Not to say all those teams will throw a big contract at Crabtree, but if they did, I could see him bolting. What I don't expect is for Crabtree to sign with a loser, no matter how much is offered.

Also, it isn't possible because there just isn't enough room. We have to keep all of our linebackers, who are all in the top 5 at their positions, and three of those guys are 1/1a. We have to keep Vernon Davis. We have to keep Aldon Smith. We have to keep Colin Kaepernick. We have to keep our O-line. That's a lot of we have to keeps. It's one thing to sign Anquan Boldin on a short term deal after his contract expires. It's another to sign Crabtree to the longterm one he is going to deserve with all of this money the team already has committed to other players. I think it's very telling that they haven't even gone to him about an extension yet. I think the plan is to let him go and get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick.

It is much easier to replace an ol or lb than it is to find a top tier wr.