LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

historical question

Shop Find 49ers gear online
10yrs ago a corner for the niners. Great cover guy got abused because he was short. Playedfor the redskins too.
I think you mean Walt Harris? Played for us 5-7 years ago. Was 5'11".
Could have also been Tyrone Drakeford. He was with us 10+ years ago. Spent one year with WAS.
That was closer to 5 and he didn't get abused...went to the pro bowl for us. Trying to think back to corners that stunk it up in 03 and all I can think of is Mike Rumph.

Edit...this is in response to Walt obviously.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Sep 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM ]
deion sanders
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
That was closer to 5 and he didn't get abused...went to the pro bowl for us. Trying to think back to corners that stunk it up in 03 and all I can think of is Mike Rumph.

I think it's Tyrone Drakeford.
Walt Harris
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I think it's Tyrone Drakeford.

That's a good possibility, didn't remember him with the Skins, but one year is easy to miss. Plus I was in college then....some memory retention from that time is , ahem poor.

Mike Rumph is of normal height

The dynamic duo of Webster-Plummer didn't play for WSH so it would have to be Walt Harris, Drakeford didn't play for them 10 years ago
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Mike Rumph is of normal height

The dynamic duo of Webster-Plummer didn't play for WSH so it would have to be Walt Harris, Drakeford didn't play for them 10 years ago
Unless the poster has a bad memory Walt was a very good corner for us.....

Mark McMillian
Originally posted by yoshi:
Mark McMillian

Good call! That might be it. He was REALLY short...like 5'7". Completely forgot about him. I thought he was really good with the Chiefs but sucked for us. Spent one year in Washington.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM ]
sammy davis
No he was I think 5'7.

I am laughing here because my nephews HS team is getting destroyed with hail marys by a 6'4 wrwith 5'8.corners
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by yoshi:
Mark McMillian

Good call! That might be it. He was REALLY short...like 5'7". Completely forgot about him. I thought he was really good with the Chiefs but sucked for us. Spent one year in Washington.

boom I could not remember his name and my phone isn't loading very fast.
Share 49ersWebzone