There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Football Gameplan's 2013 Niners vs Packers Video Preview

Good evening Niner fans! Good luck this week!

Em
Originally posted by EmDiggy:

Good evening Niner fans! Good luck this week!

Em

goodjob as usual man.
Who is Calvin Kaepernick?
JK Goodjob as always buddy
[ Edited by ninerlifer on Sep 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM ]
meh
Originally posted by susweel:
meh

You had a chance to call him mehDiggy and you went with meh?

Wow man, you haven't been working hard at Troll Camp this year, have you?
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by susweel:
meh

You had a chance to call him mehDiggy and you went with meh?

Wow man, you haven't been working hard at Troll Camp this year, have you?

lol yah I'm not in mid season form yet. damn preseason rust.
Usually you do a good job, but where are you getting your info? If the Packers come out in 4 WR sets, you have us in a 3-3-4 look? Have we ever used this? It should have looked like this

---------------------------------------------------hb
---------------------------------------------qb
wr---------------- wr -------------ot-og-c-og-ot----------- wr------------ wr
CB________ DB _____OLB-DE-DE-OLB_____DB ______CB

___________________________MLB

_______________________________________SS
____________________FS

The 49ers rush 4--two OLB's and 2 DE's.

They'll match up a MLB on their HB (or FB)

FS will play center field or show a one-deep look. As long as the front takes care of business, we'll have no reason to stop using a two-deep "I DARE you to run on us" defense.

Also, with their O vs. our D-- You drew up GB coming out in a 3 WR 1TE 1RB set and you have the 49ers matching up with a base defense? What? Occasionally I see the 49ers using a base D against a slower slot WR, who is usually bracketed between WOLB and SS or MLB and SS.

There is no way in hell they stay in base D as you have them presented here.

Cobb was put in the backfield a couple times in the first two match-ups. They would counter will personnel like this: 4 man rush (2 OLBs, 2 DE's), 2 MLBs, and three CB's. Depending on down and distance, I wouldn't be surprised in Fangio DIMES them (6 DB's, with #4 CB on their TE), especially if they can't get the run game going.

___________________FS
_________________________________SS

____________MLB_______MLB__CB________CB

CB___________OLB-DE-DE-OLB
wr-------------------rb--ot-og-c-og-ot--te--wr---------------wr
---------------------------------qb
[ Edited by GoldandGarnet on Sep 6, 2013 at 5:46 PM ]
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
Usually you do a good job, but where are you getting your info? If the Packers come out in 4 WR sets, you have us in a 3-3-4 look? Have we ever used this? It should have looked like this

---------------------------------------------------hb
---------------------------------------------qb
wr---------------- wr -------------ot-og-c-og-ot----------- wr------------ wr
CB________ DB _____OLB-DE-DE-OLB_____DB ______CB

___________________________MLB

_______________________________________SS
____________________FS

The 49ers rush 4--two OLB's and 2 DE's.

They'll match up a MLB on their HB (or FB)

FS will play center field or show a one-deep look. As long as the front takes care of business, we'll have no reason to stop using a two-deep "I DARE you to run on us" defense.

Also, with their O vs. our D-- You drew up GB coming out in a 3 WR 1TE 1RB set and you have the 49ers matching up with a base defense? What? Occasionally I see the 49ers using a base D against a slower slot WR, who is usually bracketed between WOLB and SS or MLB and SS.

There is no way in hell they stay in base D as you have them presented here.

Cobb was put in the backfield a couple times in the first two match-ups. They would counter will personnel like this: 4 man rush (2 OLBs, 2 DE's), 2 MLBs, and three CB's. Depending on down and distance, I wouldn't be surprised in Fangio DIMES them (6 DB's, with #4 CB on their TE), especially if they can't get the run game going.

___________________FS
_________________________________SS

____________MLB_______MLB__CB________CB

CB___________OLB-DE-DE-OLB
wr-------------------rb--ot-og-c-og-ot--te--wr---------------wr
---------------------------------qb

You must've missed the point where I said that the Packers would 'shift' into a 4-wr set with 1 of the four being a RB.. Also, when doing team specific marker board demonstrations, the point is to focus on the team you're talking about...never too into detail about the opposing team (other than personnel & base scheme) because you are not on the other coaching staff and are not in their heads as far as adjustments are concern. So, while what you have drawn up is similar to playing both sides of the fence, its not what a team-based coaching video/segment is tailored for..
Originally posted by EmDiggy:
You must've missed the point where I said that the Packers would 'shift' into a 4-wr set with 1 of the four being a RB.. Also, when doing team specific marker board demonstrations, the point is to focus on the team you're talking about...never too into detail about the opposing team (other than personnel & base scheme) because you are not on the other coaching staff and are not in their heads as far as adjustments are concern. So, while what you have drawn up is similar to playing both sides of the fence, its not what a team-based coaching video/segment is tailored for..

As I said before, you do a marvelous job.

In the first video segment, you specifically call the slot guys "Wide Receivers," which is a 4 WR set. You haven't addressed why we'd be in a 3-3-4 personnel. (First video). I have never seen the 49ers line up that way or with that personnel, except in garbage time or bizzare end-of-game/end-of-half stuff. Almost never happens, let alone a gameplan.

Doesn't matter the formation--thats the personnel. The NFL matches up with personnel groupings-- IE: 4 WRs go in, 4 CBs go in. If two RBs and a TE go in, out comes a CB and base package goes in (of course this deviates with down and distance).

In the second drawing, you did mention the presnap flex were the HB motions to the weakside (almost like a TE) and Cobb motions strongside, outside of Finley. I did catch that. However, the 49ers are not coming out in base D when GB sends in 3 WRs (one of them being Cobb) no matter where he lines up. Like I said, they use personnel match-ups. It's not like they know Cobb is going to be in the backfield. He could line up anywhere--inside, outside, or in the backfield. If anything, I would expect the 49ers to have a hard time with the opposite of what you showed. That is Cobb and a HB out, and then flexing in presnap. THAT changes everything.But I digress: Why on God's Green Earth would they come out in Base D when Rodgers has 3 WR's? This is completely inexplicable.

I think you are saying that you are show-casing GB's Offense, and therefore just kind of making a kind of dummy drawing of our D in order to point out what GB likes to do.
[ Edited by GoldandGarnet on Sep 6, 2013 at 6:22 PM ]
Emdiggy working it still. Nice to see ya. Good Stuff dude