LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Could 49ers defense handle the Broncos??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With a healthy Justin and Aldon, our DBs will do well and Den's O scores 21-24pts. If not, our D will look like the 2nd half of NE and the playoffs.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The questions are:

1. Can our defense handle the Packer offense tomorrow?
2. Can our offense handle the Packer defense tomorrow?
sorry but there's no CB's who could cover wes welker or demarius thomas etc.

we'd be embarrassed big time. it would be a slaughter.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
A little early, but I'll bite.

We win if our pass rush can get to Peyton who's receiving options right now are better than our DBs.
Also let's say NY is 40 degrees come SB, Peyton is 0-4 in playoffs at that temp.
And our D is a 3-4 which Peyton struggles against. (Only downside is Belichick's and Lebeau are better coordinators than Fangio)

I think Kaep and the O can score at least 20 on Denver's D, even with a healthy Von Miller.

What now about that 3rd statement, Fangio is a good D cord, it's pretty simple we rush four get to manning and have everyone else cover, the defense is so talented were not forced into bliz manning which is good cause he'll always burn it, and he's not going to scramble so yeah play man cover well aka carlos and it's gg.
Originally posted by NFLBuddah:

your life must be so lonely
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

your life must be so lonely

It's even lonelier now!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Man if he leads the team in tackles it can also mean a bad thing, either our linebackers are whiffing, or receivers are catching passes vs him. Maybe a 2 INTs tho?! That would blow my mind!

No it would be a good thing. Think a more physical Dwight Hicks, Merton Hanks. With the same range on the field.
Hmmm.

Thinking about this a little bit more, and going back to our experience with Denver preseason.

One thing impressed me about Denver in that game -- how quickly they adjusted to Lemonhead.

After the first series when he stuffed their tight end and speed rushed by the tackle, it semed like the OC knew right away that they didn't have a match up on him with their 2's and 3 's in.

So he started calling cute plays to neutralize him -- underneath delay hand offs, wide screens. That was a pretty fast adjustment.

I think he did the same thing against Baltimore Thursday. A sputtering first half --- followed by 35 points in 2nd half.

We compare well with Denver personnel just about everywhere but we will need to bring our A game in the booth too.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Sep 8, 2013 at 7:01 AM ]

• J49er
  • Veteran
I don't think we could stop them but doesn't mean we wouldn't win. We would execute a ball control offense to keep Peyton on the sideline limiting his opportunities to score. Thus, winning a tight game in the 4th quarter. But to say we could ahut them down is not reality.

Share 49ersWebzone