LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Could 49ers defense handle the Broncos??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
Yea 2mrw will definitely be a huge test to see how his years defense stacks up against elite passers, and from the outside looking in, Eric Reid is the weak, I sure hope he's ready!

Reid will be fine. Everyone will realize that when he leads the team in tackles at halftime.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Yea 2mrw will definitely be a huge test to see how his years defense stacks up against elite passers, and from the outside looking in, Eric Reid is the weak, I sure hope he's ready!

Reid will be fine. Everyone will realize that when he leads the team in tackles at halftime.

Man if he leads the team in tackles it can also mean a bad thing, either our linebackers are whiffing, or receivers are catching passes vs him. Maybe a 2 INTs tho?! That would blow my mind!
Whitner is the issue..teams gonna do ehat Baltimore did. Spread out the defense and throw to whoever Whitner is covering. Usually in the seams over top of Bowman. Whitner isn't fast enough to get over and break up those plays. I think Reid will be fine but he's gonna blow some coverages at times. Just part of the learning process.
a better question: How many times could peyton take being sacked before his ancient bones shattered to dust?
This is about Denver not GB.

Broncos gave notice yesterday.

Niners can beat them but it will require everyone's A game.
Originally posted by 49erWay:

Do not agree. It will require pass rush and a reasonable O.

Sorted.
Our d couldn't even handle the ravens....
I think we match up well with the broncos! Welker is the one slot Carlos Rodgers didn't struggle with last year. Asomungha matches up well with big WRs like Thomas and Brown can handle decker. The TE was good but Willis could stay with him. Plus their Oline and RBs are so bad that we could probably stay in Nickel for most of the game which would nullify their no huddle. Plus, our starers are used to not substituting so they won't have the same competitive advantage that they had against the Ravens. The positive about having a bunch of gym rats on our team is that we are in better shape than most teams on week one because our guys don't use training camp to get in shape and get back their conditioning that they lost in the off season. The negative is that we might peak a little early and not be clicking on all cylinders in January.

All that being said, I think their defense matches up with our offense as well. so it should be a good match up if it ever happens. The good news for us is we won't see them unless it is in NY in februrary which I think our team is build for football in that weather more than theirs is which is ironic because they play in Denver. I would be curious to see how Peytons offense will work in December. It worked well in Indy because at least half of their games were in a dome but we shall see if it will still work in the snow.
I'm not worried about Peyton and all his weapons . Aldon has plenty of his own too.. Lol!
The Ravens sure looked slow kind of what the Steelers looked like last season.

49ers will handle the Broncos. 9ers have better fronts.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Our d couldn't even handle the ravens....

That was last year. This year should be different due to depth/rotation. I would feel better about it if we still had Haralson....but we have enough as it is.
Originally posted by 49erWay:

I agree with the mod. Not overly impressed with the Denver O. I like Manning, but he wasn't rushed. Broncs did not show a run game There is little speed in the Baltimore defensive backfield, and no Ed Reed.

We need to bring our B+ game for the Broncos. Save the A game for the SeahawksFalcons.
That was a fluke. Baltimore lost its entire defense. They will be lucky go .500
Any team with shady defensive and offensive line play will struggle against us. With that being said regardless how dangerous teams like Denver, NO, GB, and NE can be on offense eventually their weakness in the trenches will cause some plays in our favor on the next two levels.
Share 49ersWebzone