LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Could 49ers defense handle the Broncos??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by theduke85:
I don't care how much YAC his receivers picked up, if you think Manning "didn't impress you" after a 7 TD, 450+ yard game... then you're probably be a tad bit cynical, don't you think?

Man, I think Payton Manning is a no doubt, first ballot hall of famer, been a huge fan of his since his first college game (longtime Vol fan). That being said, he is more dangerous because of what he knows rather than making the throws now. Watching the game last night it soon became apparent to me that the ravens backers and defensive backs were letting guys run free through the secondary level of their defense. The ravens are just bad in a lot of spaces, last night once Jones and Oher went down the offense struggled to get back in sync. They really miss Pitta and Boldin bigtime. I think the ravens finish with less than seven wins this year. So yes Payton put up some big numbers, but I would bet that that ravens d gives up aot of points this year. Payton just did what any hall of fame qb would do to that defense under the conditions last night. Let's not forget the ravens were also playing literally a mile higher than where they usually play, they got tired. I can tell you from experience that unless you are used to the thin air, you have a little trouble catching your breath once you start exerting yourself.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by boast:
a lil early with this?

No, it's a very rational thing and makes so much sense to start talking about potential SB opponents after a grand total of 1 NFL game.

sarcasm of the day. lol
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes. I think the Ravens D is not as good as it was. And they looked tired in the humidity and altitude there. The Broncos are used to that altitude. Plus when they got way behind they just gave up it seemed.

This. Very astute observation.
Absolutely. I feel really good about our D going up against pass dominant offenses. The deep ball would concern me, but Manning isn't a deep ball passer at this stage of his career. Our cover guys are actually very good in the short, intermediate areas.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Yes. I think the Ravens D is not as good as it was. And they looked tired in the humidity and altitude there. The Broncos are used to that altitude. Plus when they got way behind they just gave up it seemed.

The Broncos average an offensive play every 20 seconds of gametime, that plus the altitude is almost as good of an advantage as Seattle has at homefield. Lets not forget the broncos won 13 straight last year but just like in Indy, Peyton has to prove he can win in January. Broncos will have one of the top 3 records this season, but it's only january that anyone remembers.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

Originally posted by joseglopez00:

Where is Denny Green these days anyways? 49ers could hire him as the official head coach's mouthpiece, basically do all the press conferences that Harbaugh disdains doing.

Also remember the Raven's body clocks were probably close to midnight during the start of the 2nd half. That weather delay did not help them at all.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Also remember the Raven's body clocks were probably close to midnight during the start of the 2nd half. That weather delay did not help them at all.
Also remember that they do suck, it was just compounded by additional factors other than Manning, he just took advantage of it like any hall of famer would.
"Could the 49ers defense handle the Broncos?"

We will find out in the Superbowl.

Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
"Could the 49ers defense handle the Broncos?"

We will find out in the Superbowl.

Better question is, can the Broncos defense handle the 49ers.
I think Baltimore rolled over a played dead at some point in the game. That defense was wore out. They couldn't defend the pass and got zero pressure which allowed Manning to do what he does best. Most great QBs struggle when you get in their face a little more. Favre, Brady and even Manning don't like pressure. So yes, I think we could slow them down, but not stop them. If you slow them down then all you need to do is outscore them and by the time that big game rolls around the Niners could be pretty scary on offense in their own right.
Manning & da Broncos will be a tough test, but I do believe we can handle them especially in cold weather.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Question really is, can the Broncos handle the 49ers defense.
Manning is the greatest ever that is why his team always wins the SB right?
Share 49ersWebzone