There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Could 49ers defense handle the Broncos??

Way too early but what the heck.

No doubt they are a top tier team. Their defense was impressive last night. It seemed they game planned the Ravens well.

Against us they face a faster team on offense and an attacking defense.

If we're healthy and they're healthy - we win.

We'd need lots of time consuming drives to keep Payton off the field and prevent him from getting into a rhythm. Also, we'd have to really hit Welker often.
I don't care how much YAC his receivers picked up, if you think Manning "didn't impress you" after a 7 TD, 450+ yard game... then you're probably be a tad bit cynical, don't you think?
I really think some NFL coordinators overthink sometimes. Denver's running looked absolutely pathetic. Moreno looked like he was running in quicksand but Baltimore constantly kept biting on play actions fakes. I would play pass on every down against Denver because Moreno,Hillman and Ball simply do nothing for me in the backfield.
No doubt Denver looked great last night, I think the niners defense is a different kind of animal as opposed to the Raven's defense, even with Suggs and Dumervil coming off the edge. Was only a few plays, but remember in the preseason when the starters were in, the niners defense held up pretty well against Peyton and company, but this game is played in 4 quarters. So we'll have to wait and see how this season plays out.
Peyton would die. We make them 1 dimensional then feast on the QB and the INTs
If its a close game we get screwed by the refs (again).
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

No doubt they are a top tier team. Their defense was impressive last night. It seemed they game planned the Ravens well.

We'd need lots of time consuming drives to keep Payton off the field and prevent him from getting into a rhythm. Also, we'd have to really hit Welker often.
Baltimore also completely got away from their run game, Caldwell went full potato in the 2nd half, they stopped running the ball,Manning got it back faster, Broncos put points up on the board and soon enough, Baltimore was playing from way behind and had no choice but to keep passing it.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
If its a close game we get screwed by the refs (again).

until frank gore is ready to retire and gets all religious and the nfl grants him a farewell SB win
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Baltimore also completely got away from their run game, Caldwell went full potato in the 2nd half, they stopped running the ball,Manning got it back faster, Broncos put points up on the board and soon enough, Baltimore was playing from way behind and had no choice but to keep passing it.

^^ This. Not only would our defense do a better job at getting pressure on Manning, our offense would not get sucked out of our game plan. We would continue to pound the rock and keep Manning and their offense on the sideline and gas the Broncos D. Also I KNOW Pat or Bow would do a better job of covering that young TE.

I think us, the Seahawks, or the Falcons would beat the Broncos if it came to that in the SB.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Don't you mean...Would the Broncos be able to shut down our defense. Answer is no
When a team scores 7 TDs, that's a great offense. I would like to think the 49ers defense wouldn't have given up that many TDs, but one never knows. Also, if the 49ers offense was on the field longer, if Manning got sacked or hit more often, if ....
Yes. I think the Ravens D is not as good as it was. And they looked tired in the humidity and altitude there. The Broncos are used to that altitude. Plus when they got way behind they just gave up it seemed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersking:
When a team scores 7 TDs, that's a great offense. I would like to think the 49ers defense wouldn't have given up that many TDs, but one never knows. Also, if the 49ers offense was on the field longer, if Manning got sacked or hit more often, if ....

Yeah, I'm thinking if we held the ball, that's the best defense for Manning. But, you can't deny that we have a superior pass rush than Baltimore so Payton would be on his fanny alot more.
Super Bowl in New York. Potentially bad weather. Team that runs the ball and defends best wins. That will be us
The Falcons offense with Ryan, Julio, Roddy, Gonzo, and Steven Jackson is more intimidating than the Broncos, IMHO.

The Ravens just took a fat dump last night.