LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Regarding other teams targeting Kaep to injure him this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They aren't doing fake handoffs. Those are real handoffs. It's not the same.

Play action is a fake handoff ... they both do plenty of that?
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Play action is a fake handoff ... they both do plenty of that?

Yes
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
How do you know until its done? Is it how the QBs "posture" looks? BS is what it is

As I tried to say earlier but my post didn't show up do to work Internet being crappy. The NFL doesn't care about protecting QB's they care about protecting Tom Brady....everyone else who is a pocket passer just gets protected by default when a new rule to protect him is installed.

It's an exaggeration but only a slight one....it's no coincidence that the committee that made this decision is made up of teams that feature household name pocket passers, anything to get an unfair advantage for their golden boys. Hell Tomlin said flat out he was looking forward to hurting other teams QBs. Basically assume that Kap can and will be hit every single down, no ref is going to call a flag based on "posture". Kaps posture will always mean run, Manninings will always mean pass.....

Kaep can only be hit if he is actually carrying out the fake after the ball is handed off. He rarely does that as the DE, OLB has to make an immediate decision to attack runner or Kaep. Suggs tried to pop Kaep a couple times in the SB and didn't do nothing to intimidate Kaep or interfere with the play. What it did do is take Sugss completely out of the play with no Oline help to block him out.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by loyal9er:
I think this is getting over blown. The only way a defensive player can hit Kaep legally is if is carrying out a fake after handing the ball off. That means the ball is handed off and he is running on the outside as if he "has" the ball. I played in an option offense and you are taught to attack the DE or OLB whether you have the ball or not. In Kaep's case he is in the Pistol reading the DE OLB at the snap and is NOT attacking, just reading. In the SB Suggs attacked Kaep even when he handed the ball off but Kaep's momentum was not moving forward and Suggs would sometimes try to knock Kaep back a bit just to let him know he was there.

http://youtu.be/JLUxNTGW8Hk

"Suggs attacked Kaep even when he handed the ball off but Kaep's momentum was not moving forward"

Which should be a penalty, but wasn't called. Which is causing confusion right now.

I think saying attacked is probably the wrong term. But Suggs sole focus was on Kaep and Suggs would push Kaep a bit, not enough to cause a penalty, but enough to keep Kaep honest if he were to keep the ball and run himself. The great thing about this is Suggs was taken out of the play without us needing to use a blocker or man to achieve this. And when I mention his momentum not moving forward - I mean Kaep is not carrying out the fake with a OLB right in his face. If the OLB attacks down the LOS, Kaep should carry out the fake to take the eyes of the RB for just a split second.
How do you know until its done? Is it how the QBs "posture" looks? BS is what it is

As I tried to say earlier but my post didn't show up do to work Internet being crappy. The NFL doesn't care about protecting QB's they care about protecting Tom Brady....everyone else who is a pocket passer just gets protected by default when a new rule to protect him is installed.

It's an exaggeration but only a slight one....it's no coincidence that the committee that made this decision is made up of teams that feature household name pocket passers, anything to get an unfair advantage for their golden boys. Hell Tomlin said flat out he was looking forward to hurting other teams QBs. Basically assume that Kap can and will be hit every single down, no ref is going to call a flag based on "posture". Kaps posture will always mean run, Manninings will always mean pass.....

Kaep can only be hit if he is actually carrying out the fake after the ball is handed off. He rarely does that as the DE, OLB has to make an immediate decision to attack runner or Kaep. Suggs tried to pop Kaep a couple times in the SB and didn't do nothing to intimidate Kaep or interfere with the play. What it did do is take Sugss completely out of the play with no Oline help to block him out.

Until somebody decides that a little pop isn't enough and crushes him on what is "technically" a legal play.

Until somebody decides that a little pop isn't enough and crushes him on what is "technically" a legal play.

Who remembers this??!

Who remembers this??!

Born in 79 so too young to remember it clearly...pretty much exactly the kind of thing I am talking about though.. They are giving license to the thugs of the league to pull that kind of crap because some QB's have the audacity to play the game a different way.
. Hell Tomlin said flat out he was looking forward to hurting other teams QBs. Basically assume that Kap can and will be hit every single down, no ref is going to call a flag based on "posture". Kaps posture will always mean run, Manninings will always mean pass.....

yeah but have you seen the division he plays in over in the AFC? No Washington, SanFran, Carolina or Seattle on the schedule.

So I cant help but chalk his words in March as more "tough guy talk",...as he'll have to earn the right in the playoffs to play one of these "read option" teams.
What's funny about this is Seahawk fan's should be in agreement with us. What's good for Kaepernick is good for Wilson (same for Redskins fans with Wilson).
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Clay is going to get punched in his big awesome face.

And realize that our o-line is the greatest.

Like Ever.

Throughout time.

He's going to have such a bad day that he will have to go to his man cave. Even that won't make him feel..............

better.

pretty tough to hit the qb from the ground, puny ass linebacker

This is awesome!!
They should replay this video on the scoreboard throughout the entire game. While on the ground, Iupati should have said "You know, THIS pose would make for an awesome Fathead!" Another great video would be of the one where clay ran one way, Kap ran the other way to score a touchdown. clay didn't even know where the ball was. clay is just angry because he was made to look like such a fool.

Ha Ha Ha! I love this!!

Originally posted by linkboy:
What's funny about this is Seahawk fan's should be in agreement with us. What's good for Kaepernick is good for Wilson (same for Redskins fans with Wilson).

I am sure they are just as concerned...or should be anyway. Kap is at least of a size that his durability will help him out, and of sound health. In light of that they should be more worried.
Baltimore roughed him up in the Super Bowl. It worked then. So why should teams do anything different this year?

I think the whole "Harbaugh seeking clarification from the league" is total misdirection. He wants them focused on the read option...

Watch us not run a single option play come Sunday.
Originally posted by ninermedic:

I think the whole "Harbaugh seeking clarification from the league" is total misdirection. He wants them focused on the read option...

Watch us not run a single option play come Sunday.

Oh I agree....but the last thing we need is Kap taking hits on plays where he isn't even running just because he is a " running QB". I think there is some gamesmanship going on here, the competition committee is comprised entirely of teams with pocket passer QBs, it's no coincidence they all voted for open season on mobile throwers.
I'm not going to pretend like I know wtf i'm talking about but I watch Kap get back in his 5-7 step drops and nobody is even close to him. At the very least he can throw the ball away. I really don't think we are gonna see to much run option stuff because we don't need it. When the games get bigger we might see more of it but Kap is big and tough as hell so I really don't worry.
Share 49ersWebzone