There are 233 users in the forums

Regarding other teams targeting Kaep to injure him this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
lets not get to caught up in this blather. just play the game. no matter what one thinks of the rules they are there. if ck puts himself out there then he will get hit. thats football and every team tries to put a lick on the quarterback. look what we want to do with rogers. Jh is trying to get in the heads of the refs and of course as you recall with a couple of games last year when he tried to do that, it was a failure and all that came out of it was that he got outcoached and played by the rams coach

I thought that was with the Giants and Kevin Gilbride where they had the Justin Smith tay de tay and we got smacked in week 6. Its OK bro, Harbaugh has every right to get clarity on this issue. I too as a fan and as someone that loves defense and am against the coddling of the QB would like to know exactly when it is fair to treat the QB as a ballcarrier for all QBs and not just the athletic ones. I want to know if I can go for the knees of Brady, Mannings, Rodgers and Brees on a handoff like the one above or any handoff play action type play for that matter. If the QB keeps how do I know if he will run, pass or scramble to buy time to pass? I say that if the QB isn't retreating and a potential handoff has occurred then I should be able to attack him as a ballcarrier no matter if he is RG3 or Shaun Hill. Blow his a$$ up! I bet if all QBs are officiated the same with clarity there would be less of this talk for teams fearing for their own QBs health. I bet they get injured before Kap or Cam
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I thought that was with the Giants and Kevin Gilbride where they had the Justin Smith tay de tay and we got smacked in week 6. Its OK bro, Harbaugh has every right to get clarity on this issue. I too as a fan and as someone that loves defense and am against the coddling of the QB would like to know exactly when it is fair to treat the QB as a ballcarrier for all QBs and not just the athletic ones. I want to know if I can go for the knees of Brady, Mannings, Rodgers and Brees on a handoff like the one above or any handoff play action type play for that matter. If the QB keeps how do I know if he will run, pass or scramble to buy time to pass? I say that if the QB isn't retreating and a potential handoff has occurred then I should be able to attack him as a ballcarrier no matter if he is RG3 or Shaun Hill. Blow his a$$ up! I bet if all QBs are officiated the same with clarity there would be less of this talk for teams fearing for their own QBs health. I bet they get injured before Kap or Cam
you are probably right,, it was with the giants but i thought he also tried to get something going with the rams to. oh well it does not matter . i am sure JH is worried about ck but I also think he is trying to get a head start on playing some head games with the refs. As i have said I am not a big fan of calling alot of running plays for ck. sure I know its a weapon but i also think with our great run game there is no need to expose him a bunch of times esp when you just have game managers as his back up
Originally posted by verb1der:
Just wait until the league gets a load of Joe Looney, I think by midseason he'll be a pro bowl leg breaker! Mark my words!

Pro Bowl Leg Breaker! LOL! Or as a hoops player I know, Dr Ankle Snapper

Hahaha
Originally posted by cciowa:
you are probably right,, it was with the giants but i thought he also tried to get something going with the rams to. oh well it does not matter . i am sure JH is worried about ck but I also think he is trying to get a head start on playing some head games with the refs. As i have said I am not a big fan of calling alot of running plays for ck. sure I know its a weapon but i also think with our great run game there is no need to expose him a bunch of times esp when you just have game managers as his back up

I wholeheartedly agree. Kap should only run on broken plays or when he is scrambling. Maybe they just feel we get great looks at times with the read option and I am sure we will use it very selectively if at all. I just want there to be clarity on when I can hit all QBs as if they are Marshawn Lynch and when I can't. It is impossible to unambiguously determine when and when not to based on the "posture" of a handoff action unless you are typecasting certain QBs as running threats and others as not being threats. You don't know if any QB will keep to run, pass or scramble so should not we punish them all or should we afford all the protections. I say the only thing you can do is to have every QB reverse field on every handoff exchange or get down or throw their hands up. Something other than this "posture" crap. It ticks me off to know that we have yet another rule in which the referees can decide the outcome of ballgames using their oftentimes poor judgement. Make things clear for all to see
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Clay is going to get punched in his big awesome face.

And realize that our o-line is the greatest.

Like Ever.

Throughout time.

He's going to have such a bad day that he will have to go to his man cave. Even that won't make him feel..............

better.

pretty tough to hit the qb from the ground, puny ass linebacker

lol. Great pass-rusher. Average/overrated at about everything else.

Probably not gonna be much of a pass rusher either once they start testing for HGH, kinda like when Merriman stopped taking steroids and faded from prominence
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Probably not gonna be much of a pass rusher either once they start testing for HGH, kinda like when Merriman stopped taking steroids and faded from prominence

Dayum bro, did you just level that accusation? His awesome face does look rather unnatural to me though. Something just seems off about that dude. I try to give him the benefit of the doubt though as I do all players until their hands are caught in the cookie jar
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Clay is going to get punched in his big awesome face.

And realize that our o-line is the greatest.

Like Ever.

Throughout time.

He's going to have such a bad day that he will have to go to his man cave. Even that won't make him feel..............

better.

pretty tough to hit the qb from the ground, puny ass linebacker

lol. Great pass-rusher. Average/overrated at about everything else.

Boy was he a monster when he was on drugs lol

I always knew there was something fishy about his "lights out" dance.

No biggie...CK is already in a down position to either hand off or keep it to run. If a DE comes after him after he hands off, he's down and can brace himself. Hell, he's so big, he could probably get lower and knock him on his ass b/c the DE won't be expecting it. That said, if they go for the knees, lower body, etc. then THAT is an issue. But if it's like what the Ravens did, no big deal.

PS: And let the come up field...only to have Hunter/Gore occupy their space for easy screens with Staley and Davis out in front. And then, if he still hits him, that's a 15 yard penalty b/c it was a pass. Period.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:
I would put an extra player in the backfield to protect Kaep, like a pseudo-defensive lineman playing full back. Go ahead try it Mathews!

That defeats the purpose of a big portion of the read option. They want the end to crash down and take himself out of the play so the offense basically gains a +1 player advantage.
Sickening feeling, but I do expect/suspect coaches like Carroll to have a "hitter" in play for Kaep. Probably a scrub depth player that will take money behind the scenes for the deed.

Be careful, Kaepernick! We can NOT afford to lose you, brother.

Originally posted by NCommand:
No biggie...CK is already in a down position to either hand off or keep it to run. If a DE comes after him after he hands off, he's down and can brace himself. Hell, he's so big, he could probably get lower and knock him on his ass b/c the DE won't be expecting it. That said, if they go for the knees, lower body, etc. then THAT is an issue. But if it's like what the Ravens did, no big deal.

PS: And let the come up field...only to have Hunter/Gore occupy their space for easy screens with Staley and Davis out in front. And then, if he still hits him, that's a 15 yard penalty b/c it was a pass. Period.

This is exactly what I was thinking. If they are gonna crash down hard on the QB run a screen to the side the LB is coming from and see how much space there will be for the ball carrier.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by vermonator:
I would put an extra player in the backfield to protect Kaep, like a pseudo-defensive lineman playing full back. Go ahead try it Mathews!

That defeats the purpose of a big portion of the read option. They want the end to crash down and take himself out of the play so the offense basically gains a +1 player advantage.

Good point but many many plays we ran last year were from the Q-formation which is CK in the shotgun and one player lined up on either side of him (usually a Gore and James or even a VD back there or WR). Now we have McDonald to add to the mix. Both Gore and Hunter are terrific pass protectors so IF we do run a play or two from the option, you can always have the 2nd player also slide over and convoy-the-way for CK (to block out the DE, protect him, etc. while CK decides to hand off or run himself).

Dayum bro, did you just level that accusation? His awesome face does look rather unnatural to me though. Something just seems off about that dude. I try to give him the benefit of the doubt though as I do all players until their hands are caught in the cookie jar

Brian Cushing, Taylor Mays, Clay Matthews all those USC muscleheads were juicing it up, not that they were the only ones, but they were/are the obvious ones.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Sep 5, 2013 at 11:20 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Tukuafu in the backfield on a read option. Kaep fakes the hand off to Will. Tukuafu blows up Clay Matthew. Message sent.

First thing entered my mind upon tabling the subject!

Brian Cushing, Taylor Mays, Clay Matthews all those USC muscleheads were juicing it up, not that they were the only ones, but they were/are the obvious ones.
This further enhances the legend of Pete the Cheat
Share 49ersWebzone