There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What will it take for us to get back to the Superbowl?

Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Protect Kap to the max and publish on the Niner website that any team that talks about hitting Kap and hurting him to stop his play, will face extended periods of extreme blitzing by a pissed Niner D till their QB is crying like a baby. Just this. too much talk by teams about hitting Kap outside of normal rushing. Who do they think they are? What kind of D do they have and do they think the Niner D can't hit their QB with near impunity..

NINERS!!

60 blitzes per game. Enjoy

I'm there,kick their QB's a$$...30 will do tho...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000238520/GameDay-Can-anyone-top-the-49ers-in-the-NFC

I think Sapp says it best!

I like him, I hate him, I like him....
Coaching inexperience actually killed us 2 yrs in a row...with my favorite Coach since BW. Not watching coughlin tell his PRs to stay away from the punted football, due to rain, mud, and wind , was a horrible blunder by JH. Of course, he had limited experience in the Stick, so there you go...but I bet he learned that next time in a playoff game in the rain, mud and wind, he will have PRs avoid the ball.

In the loss this past season, not having plays to score from the 9 yd line with 2 mins and 1 T.O.(which was never used), was embarrassing for him...same for roman. In that situation, I want my HC calling plays, and I want a T.O. somewhere in there. I feel confident that next time, same situation, we score. Also with :

Boldin Patton Vance Vernon Baldwin lining up on the 9 yd line, I believe we score. That means we are going to start scoring more and more from the RZ, until it becomes easy for us. We'll see, but that is my opinion.
There is a silver lining in having to face the toughest opponents early in the season - defense is fresh!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Coaching inexperience actually killed us 2 yrs in a row...with my favorite Coach since BW. Not watching coughlin tell his PRs to stay away from the punted football, due to rain, mud, and wind , was a horrible blunder by JH. Of course, he had limited experience in the Stick, so there you go...but I bet he learned that next time in a playoff game in the rain, mud and wind, he will have PRs avoid the ball.

In the loss this past season, not having plays to score from the 9 yd line with 2 mins and 1 T.O.(which was never used), was embarrassing for him...same for roman. In that situation, I want my HC calling plays, and I want a T.O. somewhere in there. I feel confident that next time, same situation, we score. Also with :

Boldin Patton Vance Vernon Baldwin lining up on the 9 yd line, I believe we score. That means we are going to start scoring more and more from the RZ, until it becomes easy for us. We'll see, but that is my opinion.

I'm with you bro!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by mattster03:
Winning 10 to 13 games and then 2 or 3 in the playoffs.

Mmmmmm... 2 OR 3 ey?

Yeah, the title says "get to the superbowl"... not "win the superbowl". So it'll either take 2 or 3 playoff wins to get there, amirite?
Win the division. If Seahawks win the division and have home advantage and we have to beat them in the playoffs, I dont see us doing it unfortunately. Especially if Harvin is healthy by then.
Compete like maniacs
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Home field advantage in the playoffs would be nice. High seed. Would hate to have to travel to Century Link Field twice

if we are the elite team we think we are, then we should not be scared to go on the road to play. the niner teams that won the super bowl never worried about that stuff,,, freezing cold in chicago one year!

I agree, but if it can avoided I'll take it. Every team needs a little bit of luck along the way as well. Look at DEN VS BAL in the divisional round. Elite or not we will take every advantage that's there.
Sign Tebow as the prayer guy. Pay him on straight commission.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
You guys make it seem like winning a SB is easy.
This will be a tough season. Incredible schedule, injury to crabs...

I am going to steal a line from Kobe and say.."we gotta take it one game at a time.."

Lets beat the packers and move from there
What will take for the 49ers to get back to the big dance is on offense, a couple wrs strp really up and start making a difference and give the run game and VD more room to operate and of course above all, Good Health. And For the defense, to have fresh bodies and substitutes and Biggest is to stay healthy.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by carlgo:
Sign Tebow as the prayer guy. Pay him on straight commission.

Harbaugh likes players that are versatile... I think your idea is great and perhaps they could also use him to take a kneel just to run out the clock
  • ace52
  • Veteran
All of our key players stay injury-free the whole season
We start out strong (a 4-1 start would be a real good indication that we have a SB-bound team)
The passing game manages to be at least average until Manningham and Crabs come back
Someone besides Aldon develops into a legit pass rushing threat (Lemonier?)