There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners add Derek Carrier to the PS

Curious about practice-squad tight end Derek Carrier, who played at Division III Beloit College. Here's what scouting Godfather Gil Brandt wrote about Carrier prior to last year's draft. Thanks to reader Franco Mazzoli (I'm huge in Italy) for passing it along.

He was one of the five-non Wisconsin players who worked out. He probably got himself drafted Wednesday. Everyone will be headed to Beloit to study his game tape. He ran 4.50 and 4.50 in the 40, had a 38-inch vertical, 10-2 broad jump, 4.09 short shuttle, 6.70 cone drill (now, that's a fantastic cone drill), and did 15 strength lifts. Scouts think that he would be converted into a TE.

Seems like the team is hedging their bets on a SAK player with both Harper and Carrier. It's a bummer we lost Gray, but the guys they replaced him with arent slouches either.

[ Edited by 5280High on Sep 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM ]
dont get to close to him other niners practice squad members--hes a carrier
The hair cut. The hair cut. The hair cut. What is it? An opposite mohawk? The most interesting and provocative hair cut I've seen in a long time. Oh, and 4.51 is not bad for a 6'4", 240 lb. guy.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The hair cut. The hair cut. The hair cut. What is it? An opposite mohawk? The most interesting and provocative hair cut I've seen in a long time. Oh, and 4.51 is not bad for a 6'4", 240 lb. guy.

Hmm we might just take him off your practice squad for you since we only have two tight ends on our roster...
The hair cut. That would be sad to lose something like that to the Seahawks.

Agreed, also his highlights are pretty impressive which is obviously what you want out of a prospect playing at the division 2 level but still... you can see his attitude on the field which is nice cause he isnt afraid to get physical. His hands and speed really stood out.

Its technically still the offseason so we can get amped up about someone who may never make the roster right ?
Can he play LT? LOL
Originally posted by NCommand:
Can he play LT? LOL

Nah but we can move him to safety
I like his tape actually. I think he can play WR even. He is a basketball player as well, so by right he should have good hands.

isnt that the terry bradshaw?
Originally posted by NinerFan408:

isnt that the terry bradshaw?

looks like an old friar, like they used to use in the san diego padres logo