There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who will be the breakout player of the year for the niners?

When was the last time we had a WR that could juke and get open in the end zone? It's been awhile. Guess who I think solves this problem? One Quinton Patton.
I have to say Patton. Ian Williams up there but not skill position so not the sexiest pic.
I think there are so many potential candidates, but many won't make it either because of position or opportunity.

I think Corey Lemonier will be great, but he has two All-Pros in front of him. I agree with an earlier poster that noticed that Aldon looks much better out there diagnosing the run as well as making tackles in the open field to go with his skills as a rusher. Brooks is just good all around and makes plays. Ian Williams will help out Justin Smith a lot, but he won't get the attention he deserves. Nmandi Asomugha can overtake Carlos Rogers, but I think he has a bounce back year with a strong and healthy front 7 playing in front of him.

I think Vance McDonald, Quniton Patton, and Eric Reid will have the best opportunity because of talent as well as being able to receive enough playing time to be the breakout player. Vance being the #2 TE is essentially a starter. And because of who is in front of Patton, he can earn his way to more playing time.
Agreed, but I also am going to put kap in there...ie, I am expecting something we have never seen before...
Patton is my choice. I was ecstatic when we selected him, I was stunned he was still available. Any similarity between him and Jenkins is purely accidental. He reminds me of combo believe it or not of Rice and Taylor. Rice's receiving skill and ball skills and Taylors broken field running. He is the real deal. Kap has to be licking his chops after seeing what he can do. He is a baller. It is only a matter of how much they try to get the ball to him. Vernon and Q are going to want their targets as well McDonald, not enough balls to go around. Nice situation we have.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
it would greatly help the team if ian williams breaks out.
I feel like boldin is going to have a career year. He was good with a quality quarterback but hes had footsteps falco throwing to him and he's solidly average, so

i pick boldin
Kyle Williams, if healthy, should have a good season. Gets no love on the zone. He has big play ability and is, IMO, a prototypical slot WR. He and Kaep had good chem bcuz Kaep used to work with him on the second team offense. Put him, Boldin and Patton on the field at the same time and expect a big play.
Williams is poised to have his best season yet. He has full knowledge of the playbook, he looks to have to work ethic and looks like he still has the desire to prove everyone wrong from 2 years ago, and he had the chemistry with Kaepernick. With so much mystery surrounding the wr position, this is his best chance to make a name for himsef and I think he will do it. I predict at least 50 catches for 800 yards and 6 tds at best, which isn't bad for a slot receiver on a run heavy team.
T. Brown, he will be INT leader for our team.
T Brown gonna ball out!
Patton on offense all day and reid just shutting it down
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Vance McDonald.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Kyle Williams, if healthy, should have a good season. Gets no love on the zone. He has big play ability and is, IMO, a prototypical slot WR. He and Kaep had good chem bcuz Kaep used to work with him on the second team offense. Put him, Boldin and Patton on the field at the same time and expect a big play.

Williams in his 4th season with 35 career receptions, coming off an acl tear? Gets no love? I like the kid, but he deserves no love. I hope he has a good season, but he has performed exactly like you would expect a 6th round pick to perform. His career is basically that of Dixon another 6th round pick. I really hope im wrong. He could never stay healthy in college either.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home