There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who will be the breakout player of the year for the niners?

Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Interesting...for a 3rd back. So do you think we'll use him in more of a Spoles-like manner to get him the ball out in space?

I really do, I think JH is, so to speak keeping him a secret. You dont take a guy like James in the 2nd round if you dont have plans for him. We all know James is a dynamic back with the ball in his hands, but he really needed to learn how to pass block and also be a decoy. I could be wrong but Harbaugh is gonna evolve this offense and James is gonna be a big part of that. Weather it is the read option, lining up in the slot, out of the backfield. He will be all over, the kid is a player.

I/we would love if this is the case. Hunter is another guy you can throw in there anywhere as well and he is excellent as a pass protector. Lining both up in the Q-formation next to CK is going to be epic...Gore back there as well. Who do you cover and where and is it a pass or a run? Good luck defense!
I think Quinton Patton looks like he's ready to step up big time.
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
For me its gonna be LaMichael James, Harbaugh is notorious for being super vanilla during the preseason. He drafted this guy for a reason an trust me hes gonna use him. Baring health this kid will be all over the field. JH never shows his hand but as we can see he is filling out his roster they way he envisions it. the offense will always be based around power running but man is it evolving. James, in my opinion is going to have a really fine season.

Just wondering what his reason was for drafting AJ Jenkins?
After all he was drafted one round ahead of LMJ.
Not expecting James to do much. A #3 back, who lacks the vision of the team's top two backs at this point. Hopefully, he develops under Gore's tutelage.

Breakout player? Hopefully, McDonald.
Originally posted by Psinex:
I think Quinton Patton looks like he's ready to step up big time.

Yea . . . him too!
I can see Boldin being a "Breakout" player after being stuck with wakko Flacco. He was good with a quality QB
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,757
moore
Williams, after hearing about his good friend dying I think he will have a fire in his heart this season.
Patton
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,757
Originally posted by 5280High:
Williams, after hearing about his good friend dying I think he will have a fire in his heart this season.
people always county him out and he just works hard, busts his butt and keeps coming back,, you gotta love that
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,757
county, lol cc. dips**t
  • bret
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,139
I know when you're talking about break-out, you're thinking about unknowns. But when you have two young players who have already exploded on the scene, yet haven't yet begun to scratch the surface of their talent, I think you can still think about them as having break-out years. I'm talking about:

MVP: Colin Kaelernick, whose command is clearly improved, and

Defensive Player of the Year: Aldon Smith. He didn't play much in preseason, but he appeared to have so much greater a command of the defense - he'll be better reading the run, better in coverage, and because he's healthy, even more dominant as a pass rusher.

Among the unknowns, 4 stand out:

Eric Reid will make people forget Dashon Goldson, better tools, and better discipline,

Ian Williams will provide a clear upgrade over Sopoaga, and will get All-Pro mention by the end of the year,

Ricky Patton will work his way in to the number 2 receiver role,

and the big break-out will be:

Vance McDonald! He's going to be a beast and people will end up having nightmares trying to figure out a scheme to stop our two-headed tight end juggernaut!
[ Edited by bret on Sep 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM ]
To me, it won't be Smith, or Smith, nor Davis or Davis, but Boldin, not Baldwin.

Or maybe "Q"--Quinten, not Anquan.

(Man, this WR stuff is confusing.)
Patton
Originally posted by bret:
I know when you're talking about break-out, you're thinking about unknowns. But when you have two young players who have already exploded on the scene, yet haven't yet begun to scratch the surface of their talent, I think you can still think about them as having break-out years. I'm talking about:

MVP: Colin Kaelernick, whose command is clearly improved, and

Defensive Player of the Year: Aldon Smith. He didn't play much in preseason, but he appeared to have so much greater a command of the defense - he'll be better reading the run, better in coverage, and because he's healthy, even more dominant as a pass rusher.

Among the unknowns, 4 stand out:

Eric Reid will make people forget Dashon Goldson, better tools, and better discipline,

Ian Williams will provide a clear upgrade over Sopoaga, and will get All-Pro mention by the end of the year,

Ricky Patton will work his way in to the number 2 receiver role,

and the big break-out will be:

Vance McDonald! He's going to be a beast and people will end up having nightmares trying to figure out a scheme to stop our two-headed tight end juggernaut!

Colin Kaelernick?
Ricky Patton?
Barring injuries to other players it's probably Patton. I hope its Patton.