There are 234 users in the forums

Who will be the breakout player of the year for the niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Don't forget about Aldon dude.. lol

He's old news bro.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Craig Dahl

I hope you're serious. I also like Dahl. He looked good in preseason. Solid ST guy. Good backup for Reid and Whitner. I like it.

On Offense, Marlon Moore and Quinton Patton I feel will make people forget about Kyle Williams, and make Williams a potential cut when MM and Crabs are back.

I know some say no to a 7th WR, but if Q, Patton, Moore, Baldwin, MM, and Crabs are all on fire, you keep the best 7. Baldwin is an automatic, I think they want to develop him more. Plus guaranteed year for him, makes no sense to cut him. More likely Kyle or Marlon. I cant see Patton. He looks legit.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Don't forget about Aldon dude.. lol

He's old news bro.

Soooo 2 years ago bro
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Helton Skelton
Ask Kaep.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Our team is so stacked - there are only couple of candidates for breakout players. It's amazing how far have we come

I do think Vernon and Aldon are in for career years.
Frank Gore
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Our team is so stacked - there are only couple of candidates for breakout players. It's amazing how far have we come

You expect him to have back to back 19+ sack seasons? Has that ever even been done before?
Ahmad Brooks, he will have a breakout year.
  • thl408
Patton

Lemonier won't see the field very much this year.
Ian Williams' job is unspectacular if done right, so not him.
Reid worries me in pass coverage.
Craig Dahl???...Are you serious?

The answer is Nnamdi Asomugha!
Runner up is Quinton Patton.

Nnamdi beats out Carlos Rogers, or whomever, to start alongside Tarell Brown and is solid all year.
Patton's talent doesn't keep him on the sidelines for long, because I mean, who is his true competition? Marlon Moore and Kyle Williams, that's who!
It's gonna be Quinton!
Ian Williams? He is balling out so far.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by 4ML:

You expect him to have back to back 19+ sack seasons? Has that ever even been done before?

I do...and even if he doesn't get 20 sacks - I think he's going to be more destructive. He slowed down last year (some of it had to do with Justin gettin' hurt and some had to do with him hitting the wall). He's in better shape and has one more year under his belt. IMO, he's going to be the JJ Watt of OLB this season.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Lemonier won't see the field very much this year.
Ian Williams' job is unspectacular if done right, so not him.
Reid worries me in pass coverage.
Craig Dahl???...Are you serious?

The answer is Nnamdi Asomugha!
Runner up is Quinton Patton.

Nnamdi beats out Carlos Rogers, or whomever, to start alongside Tarell Brown and is solid all year.
Patton's talent doesn't keep him on the sidelines for long, because I mean, who is his true competition? Marlon Moore and Kyle Williams, that's who!

Maybe for the first 6 games...then it's Mario Manningham and hopefully by week 14...we'll have Crabtree back.

But, those are solid choices. I love me some Nnamdi. Go Cal Bears
Share 49ersWebzone