There are 204 users in the forums

2013-14 Season Weekly Rankings Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It makes it all the much sweeter when we beat them.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Mods, any way we can get 1 official power rankings thread? This way every day there isn't a new thread with espn, cbs, nfl, fox sports, nfln, etc.

This and that

No big deal.

I think they base a lot of it on our 2nd game w/them when we got blown out. We were tired, injured and lacked depth.

Week 2, we'll be fresh and ready to rock.

Also, I see Atlanta as # 3 or 4. New Orleans will beat the Falcons this season.
Really...someone cares what ESPN thinks? Isn't that special!
The Niners havent really made any sexy moves this offseason to counter Crabtrees injury in the medias eyes.

According to the pundits:
- Boldin is too slow
- Nnamdi is washed up
- Our secondary is weak and lost our #3 CB in Cully
- Justin Smith has to prove he is not injury prone (f*ckin the most ruhtarded thing Ive ever heard considering it was the first serious injury of his career)

Meanwhile they are saying the seahawks made it to the playoffs without Harvin last year so his injury is minor in the W/L column.

Week 2 will sort everything out, hopefully we show the haters who the best team is but its gonna be a tough game.
Originally posted by 5280High:
The Niners havent really made any sexy moves this offseason to counter Crabtrees injury in the medias eyes.

According to the pundits:
- Boldin is too slow
- Nnamdi is washed up
- Our secondary is weak and lost our #3 CB in Cully
- Justin Smith has to prove he is not injury prone (f*ckin the most ruhtarded thing Ive ever heard considering it was the first serious injury of his career)

Meanwhile they are saying the seahawks made it to the playoffs without Harvin last year so his injury is minor in the W/L column.

Week 2 will sort everything out, hopefully we show the haters who the best team is but its gonna be a tough game.

Game #2 will change many a person's thinking.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
I feel like we are better than Seattle who is ranked #1 and Atlanta at 2. discuss.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/rankings?pollId=1000&week=1&season=2013

49ers is ranks #3?... I don't care and that is fine with me.. I am sure, 49ers seem too strong and power plays when they know how win games and amazing games!
Screw ESPN. AP has the Niners rank #1:

http://pro32.ap.org/poll

They also have the Raiders at #32 lol. I guess the question of what separates the best from the worst in the NFL has been answered. Apparently it's the Bay Bridge.
Rankings smankings, they could have easily put us at #1, the only thing that matters in the end is raising that Lombardi Trophy.

After last night, unless the 49ers blow out Green Bay we'll be #4 behind the Broncos (assuming Seattle and Atlanta wins - which I see them both doing).

That being said, IDGAF about Power Rankings.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Sep 6, 2013 at 8:57 AM ]
I think it is funny how when SF has a run on a weak schedule it is dismissed. Yet When a team like Seattle has one its a non issue. Sure Seattles defense came up strong the second half of tbe season. Look who they played. Also can their secondary continue to get away with mugging recievers? I think once they start getting flags like they should be things will be quite different.
I think people picking seattle are in for a big wake up call early this season. Out of the young qbs I believe he is the one that can be shut down with scheme the easiest. Then take into account the inconsistency of carrol as a coach a tough schedule lots of 10 am starts. Seattle and their fans are about to get a swift kick in the nuts!
who cares? we will settle our opponents on the field
have our OLBs contain while we rush willis, bowman, whitner or reid in the middle and russell wilson will have no place to go. he cant see over his linemen, keep him in the pocket and hes toast
Share 49ersWebzone