There are 441 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

john skelton works out for 49ers

• DVDA
  • Veteran
The good news is he can't be much worse than McCoy. s**t, Tebow may not be as bad as Colt.
Just FN let BJ be the backup!!!!! Before you guys go nuts, yes he's a 7th rd pick, yes he doesn't have vet experience and yes he's a rookie. So FN what, Colts a vet and has experience but sucked the entire time and got replaced by a 28yr old rookie. Skelton, do I even need to comment? Bottom line, if Kap ever gets hurt were f'd no matter who the backup is so why not see what BJ got and if the preseason can translate? BJ has that it factor to me and is exciting to watch, Colt not so much, Skelton gives BJ
its not like hes ever gonna play if hes signed
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

this
I dont get it. I watched the uploaded Chargers game. Several times when chased out of the pocket, Colt got around the corner. The dude is slippery when running.
Lots of dropped passes that first string recievers catch....The pass to collie down the right side was beautiful. Every series that didnt stall because of bad OL or WR play resulted in points. Just give him time to let Harbaugh fix the mental destruction that he suffered under Shurmur in Cleveland.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
you are right and maybe that is why i am not even phased by this since i am so used to the coach looking goofy. you are right, it does look rather queer to be running around at the last minute looking for a back up quarterback. i guess i will brush this off and just surrender to the coach being goofy,, now when it starts costing us wins then its not so funny anymore as people like rex ryan will attest to

And I wonder how on earth would working out Skelton cost us wins? Not that they are considering to take over kaep´s job.
i was just agreeing with doc that sometimes JH does things that make him look goofy. i was just trying to say i am used to it and as long as his so called goofy decisions and behavior does not cost us wins, i am fine with what he does, say or how he acts. i am sorry if i did not explain it good enough
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FXMASTER:
I dont get it. I watched the uploaded Chargers game. Several times when chased out of the pocket, Colt got around the corner. The dude is slippery when running.
Lots of dropped passes that first string recievers catch....The pass to collie down the right side was beautiful. Every series that didnt stall because of bad OL or WR play resulted in points. Just give him time to let Harbaugh fix the mental destruction that he suffered under Shurmur in Cleveland.
good point, JH has a hard enough job but he has had to put our fires or give players confidence which was destroyed by others ,, like alex and as you said colt. good post FX
He reppin that 915!
Originally posted by TexasNiner915:
He reppin that 915!

What, is 915 his 40 time
I saw all of Colt's 48Ws-5Ls games, and can't remember when he didn't look really good...altho he definitely got better as time went on. When he was with Cleveland, he definitely went downhill, but what do you expect with Shurmur and the disappearing OL? Should Kap get injured Colt will be fine. That said, I want to see Kap stay out there unless it's a blowout or he is injured. Blowouts I don't mind....Injuries, yes I do. Just saying that Colt has all the tools, but now he has a great HC who is, after all, a QB coach....and he has done wonders wth way less talent. He has done wonders with Kap too....as for Colt, he'll be just fine.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM ]