Not a member? Register Now!

john skelton works out for 49ers

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by rob28:
Seneca Wallace is better than Skelton.

yup, he is better than most backups... I actually think he is the #1 or 2 QB that is not starting with one of the best QBratings. I believe he has a career QB rating in the mid 80s. And he is an 11 year vet.

Mid 80s QBR? 11 Year Vet?

Both incorrect.

awfully nit picky of you. 10 years with a 81.3 QBR.....
i still cant believe he beat us lol
Now we have the whole NFC west playbook collection!
why

not

try

vince

young?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i must be the only one who really does not care about this,. i am past the point where i really care who the back up quarterback is. to me, they are all the same, if they were elite they would be starting somewhere else. I am excited about the potential of BJ but thats about it. It does not matter who the back up is cuz if ck gets hurt whoever it is will have to be a game manager, depend on the run game, not make mistakes and hope our defense can keep teams to two scores a game.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

exactly
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I guess Colt needs another fire.

by the end of the season mccoy will be paying balke to be on the team
I agree, cc, but this makes Coach look goofy, not the respected coach he is. I know the "no stone unturned deal" but this is nuts. Why not bring in the raiders former #1, Blunderpants? Heck he played at least 9 qtrs. before he got benched...or something like that. This is just silly ball. I know JH and TB wanted to impress us with how thorough they were. But skelton....c'mon.
Wallace all butt hurt about being used to reduce McCoy's salary

Now this

And after the whole "Peyton Manning" courtship

Harbs isn't afraid to ruffle feathers

McCoy might be paying Baalke pretty soon
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I agree, cc, but this makes Coach look goofy, not the respected coach he is. I know the "no stone unturned deal" but this is nuts. Why not bring in the raiders former #1, Blunderpants? Heck he played at least 9 qtrs. before he got benched...or something like that. This is just silly ball. I know JH and TB wanted to impress us with how thorough they were. But skelton....c'mon.
you are right and maybe that is why i am not even phased by this since i am so used to the coach looking goofy. you are right, it does look rather queer to be running around at the last minute looking for a back up quarterback. i guess i will brush this off and just surrender to the coach being goofy,, now when it starts costing us wins then its not so funny anymore as people like rex ryan will attest to
What the hell ?! You got to be kidding me ?! This is a joke !! May be we should have given Wallace a proper opportunity huh ?! Hey try out Brady Quin too while you are at it !! At least he can throw a deep ball miles further than our supposedly #2. I have said it before and I will say it again, they should have got rid of McCoy. God forbid, if Kap goes down, there is no way in hell that McCoy can even attempt to hold down the fort, not even as a game manager !!
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Wallace all butt hurt about being used to reduce McCoy's salary

Now this

And after the whole "Peyton Manning" courtship

Harbs isn't afraid to ruffle feathers

McCoy might be paying Baalke pretty soon
there comes a point where it starts to look s**tty....
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
why

not

try

vince

young?

I'd take him over Skelton. He didn't do too bad in the pre season for coming in late. Plus he has the winning gene.
Originally posted by cciowa:
you are right and maybe that is why i am not even phased by this since i am so used to the coach looking goofy. you are right, it does look rather queer to be running around at the last minute looking for a back up quarterback. i guess i will brush this off and just surrender to the coach being goofy,, now when it starts costing us wins then its not so funny anymore as people like rex ryan will attest to

And I wonder how on earth would working out Skelton cost us wins? Not that they are considering to take over kaep´s job.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home