There are 217 users in the forums

The thing that really makes me smile

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I could see Brooks being gone after this year too

Lemonier would have to step up big time THIS season for that to happen
Patton is going to be a player. Not really excited about Baldwin and Harper. We'll see what happens though.
[ Edited by SFrush on Sep 2, 2013 at 6:10 PM ]
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
You Know what makes me happy when my girlfriend plays with my dingle ling

Sh!t yea! All this online chatter will eventually have to give way to some of that this evening for myself as well! The webzone is so entertaining that I almost forget that I need to skeet skeet regularly!
Originally posted by SFrush:
Patton is going to be a player. Not really excited about Baldwin and Harper though. We'll see what happens though.

I think that the NFL is going to be shocked when our WR corps is an asset rather than a drawback. We're going to have an embarassment of riches once crabtree and manningham come back.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
We got McDermott
I called the A .Davis extention before this years draft and that made me happy. What would make me extremely happy now is if they would make a deal with Iupati early this year. We are known for extentions for our guys at the beginning of season games started. Hope the FO makes it a priority to keep the oline intact and together, especially since we'll have a huge investment soon standing behind that oline.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/172157-mock-draft-how-think-49ers-manipulate/

I think if we spend in the trenches for quality top-notch linemen, then we can trade stockpiled draft picks into targeted position players as wr and cb.; develop and stay rich with young talent. I see our success as a template for other teams to try to copy for their own building of their teams
We started preliminary talks with Iupati April 15. They said no hurry to get it done but I'm sure it will be done before the season is over. They probably wanted to wait until the final roster and see where they stood cap wise. Once things settle down they can see how much they have extra to play with and maybe can add some of the 3 or so mil we have left onto Iupati's pay for this year or put it towards a signing bonus. It will get done just a matter of when. Iupati is a very humble guy, doubt he wants to leave SF... he loves Staley, Boone and Davis. It's just a matter of what his agent is like and if his agent will try to get him what Nicks got. Take the agent out of it Iupati probably signs for 30 mil and is happy. Put an agent into it he starts say well this team paid this guy this and this team paid this guy that. Sucks because dumb teams overpaying guys gives the agents more leverage. It's up to Iupati to tell his agent point blank get it done, I want at least x amount. Just get it done, don't make a big thing over it. I think in the NFL these days it's more agents than the players and if it's the players it's all about bragging rights. Well this guy got this much then I should get this much. Seriously, to us normal working people what the hell is the difference between 30 mil and 35 mil. 30 mil should be enough to live off your rest of your life if you dont live like an idiot. Shoot 1 million is more than enough. Too much greed and materialistic stuff...
Originally posted by Gore_21:
We started preliminary talks with Iupati April 15. They said no hurry to get it done but I'm sure it will be done before the season is over. They probably wanted to wait until the final roster and see where they stood cap wise. Once things settle down they can see how much they have extra to play with and maybe can add some of the 3 or so mil we have left onto Iupati's pay for this year or put it towards a signing bonus. It will get done just a matter of when. Iupati is a very humble guy, doubt he wants to leave SF... he loves Staley, Boone and Davis. It's just a matter of what his agent is like and if his agent will try to get him what Nicks got. Take the agent out of it Iupati probably signs for 30 mil and is happy. Put an agent into it he starts say well this team paid this guy this and this team paid this guy that. Sucks because dumb teams overpaying guys gives the agents more leverage. It's up to Iupati to tell his agent point blank get it done, I want at least x amount. Just get it done, don't make a big thing over it. I think in the NFL these days it's more agents than the players and if it's the players it's all about bragging rights. Well this guy got this much then I should get this much. Seriously, to us normal working people what the hell is the difference between 30 mil and 35 mil. 30 mil should be enough to live off your rest of your life if you dont live like an idiot. Shoot 1 million is more than enough. Too much greed and materialistic stuff...

Good post. Think we really need Iupati more with the coming departure of Goodwin. Hope that Kilgore is the next man up, because hes been with the group for a couple years. And he'll get a nice little extention if the coaches believe that he can plug in the hole we will soon have a center. Im not too sure about him and his development, which leads me to want Iupati even more signed long-term.

Either way, we have to keep our linemen paid well, fed well, and together, because we also have some really good coaching on both sides of the ball to keep the lines top-level in the league.
...seeing seahawks fans commit suicide in Seattle
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Calm that down. It's a f**kin kids game you cheer for. No need for all that. Makes fans in general look bad and in particular 49er fans.

Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Calm that down. It's a f**kin kids game you cheer for. No need for all that. Makes fans in general look bad and in particular 49er fans.

Sorry. That type of talk belongs in the parking lot.
retarded seahawks fans coming to the webzone and getting owned in every thread
Marquis lee
Originally posted by Gore_21:
OTC, I agree with those replacements but McDonald is signed through 2015 so not sure about that one although agree, doubt Carradine can fully replace Smith. As for Brooks could very well have to have him restructure or cut him down the round if Lemonier looks good. Would help us save for future but only problem is for 2014 would save 4.5 mil but have a 3 mil cap hit, 2015 we would only have 3 mil dead money and save 5.35 mil, 2016 seems like he wont make it for that year since we would only have 1.5 dead but a 7.350 savings. So he very well could be gone after the 2015 season. Maybe even before but 2016 seems like a real possibility.

As for Kilgore though he needs to get stronger. He's quick enough for the spot but not sure he can hold up to the better NTs and DTs.

G21, I agree -- I didn't mean he should replace RayMac -- but I just meant I see him as a similar player to McDonald. And knowing the team appears right now to use him as the heir to Justin Smith, I'm not sure how I feel about that if they move forward. Having two of those types of players is nice, but Justin does a LOT of things that McDonald doesn't and I want to find a guy who brings us some of that and can do more than McDonald can.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Patton is going to be a player. Not really excited about Baldwin and Harper though. We'll see what happens though.

I think that the NFL is going to be shocked when our WR corps is an asset rather than a drawback. We're going to have an embarassment of riches once crabtree and manningham come back.
All you read at almost every other teams forum is how bad the WR situation is for the Niners. What a nice surprise to have in store for the league.
Share 49ersWebzone