There are 215 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jersey Number changes

Originally posted by 9moon:
I can't believe Reid chose the worst # in football..

#35???

He woulda looked awesome on #46 or #47!!

The player makes the number. Once Reid becomes all-pro you're gonna see a ton of kids want to wear 35.

Kevin Durant wears 35 pretty well.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
49ers going to be retiring #s 21, 52, and 7 out of this generation!

willis and gore for sure. kaeps got a lot of work to do to earn that honor
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by 9moon:
I can't believe Reid chose the worst # in football..

#35???

He woulda looked awesome on #46 or #47!!

The player makes the number. Once Reid becomes all-pro you're gonna see a ton of kids want to wear 35.

Kevin Durant wears 35 pretty well.

I dont mind 35, I put 28 on him in Madden 25. But I also had 46 for Harper. As a TE it made sense. Walker clone, hopefully, and more reliable.

Retiring numbers is dumb. We have too many retired. I think it be cool to see others wear 8,42,80 and so on... It's a team effort right...
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

willis and gore for sure. kaeps got a lot of work to do to earn that honor

Originally posted by kazak13:

Retiring numbers is dumb. We have too many retired. I think it be cool to see others wear 8,42,80 and so on... It's a team effort right...

I hope you're joking. 8 is Steve, 16 is Joe Cool, 80 is GOAT Rice. 42 is Lott, those are sacred Numbers. And mean something. Probably the 4 most beloved 49ers of all time in their era.

This era, Gore, Willis, are the most beloved from 2005-2007, then add in how great Aldon and Kap can be. I hate retiring numbers, but if it's a HOF'er, you do it.

Yeah nobody is worthy of wearing those numbers
Start handing out other characters instead of numbers. #, $, !. I think !! is a pretty good WR "number" but I would never want a safety with #%
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Start handing out other characters instead of numbers. #, $, !. I think !! is a pretty good WR "number" but I would never want a safety with #%

Triple Digit numbers
Why the hate for the number 35 i dont understand why its the worst number in football?
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Why the hate for the number 35 i dont understand why its the worst number in football?

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I hope you're joking. 8 is Steve, 16 is Joe Cool, 80 is GOAT Rice. 42 is Lott, those are sacred Numbers. And mean something. Probably the 4 most beloved 49ers of all time in their era.

This era, Gore, Willis, are the most beloved from 2005-2007, then add in how great Aldon and Kap can be. I hate retiring numbers, but if it's a HOF'er, you do it.

Not joking. In soccer people continue to wear numbers that legends wear. That what you have to live up to these expectations. What's going to happen 50 years from now!? Triple digits because so many numbers will be retired?

Retiring numbers is as bad as saying you cannot have another president named Lincoln or Washington..

For example number 34 and 37 is a good number but I will never see anyone in a 49ers uniform because of players that played the game generations ago...
I'd love to see a running back wearing 34...

Not joking. In soccer people continue to wear numbers that legends wear. That what you have to live up to these expectations. What's going to happen 50 years from now!? Triple digits because so many numbers will be retired?

Retiring numbers is as bad as saying you cannot have another president named Lincoln or Washington..

For example number 34 and 37 is a good number but I will never see anyone in a 49ers uniform because of players that played the game generations ago...

You dropped a soccer reference into an NFL discussion.

All validity is lost.
  • KK49
  • Veteran

yaa it doesnt makes sense. players play to make a name for themself... Jerry Rice was the Great Jerry Rice , not the great # 80 . You dont want to be remembered as a #. pretty soon they may start using letters too like the liscense plates. why do they even need #s . they should just wear their names, and if there another player with the same last name , they can add their first name letter( they already use that) and if they have the same first and last name ( alex smith) then, they will have to wear " THE REPLACEMENT" on their back or just quit football

There is a maximum amount a team can retire. I cannot remember the number, like 8-10 maybe? Perhaps if you are at the max, and a number is more worthy than one that is already retired, then you unretire that number
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home