LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Jersey Number changes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Reid should've got #38 as soon as he signed.
lol he's gone, ancient history.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Reid should've got #38 as soon as he signed.
lol he's gone, ancient history.
I would have liked to see him rock with #20, #41 or #26
Originally posted by GoldBlooded:

Cox is 20, Ventrone is 41 and Brock is 26...

Also, OTC that's a good question. I would think they want the PS to get a number that isn't used by another player. This way when they are out practicing it's less confusing. As for an NFL rule about it not sure if there is one. Maybe there are more changes to come but if not then that means there is no rule against it since Morris and Lattimore both have 38. Maybe it's just for the active 53 man roster???
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by GoldBlooded:

Also, OTC that's a good question. I would think they want the PS to get a number that isn't used by another player. This way when they are out practicing it's less confusing. As for an NFL rule about it not sure if there is one. Maybe there are more changes to come but if not then that means there is no rule against it since Morris and Lattimore both have 38. Maybe it's just for the active 53 man roster???

Morris moved to 40.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Yea I know....I just like those numbers on safeties.
Soooo....#38 leading our rushing attack in the near future? Can we get used to that? He better make that 38 look good.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dixon is a dumbass he should have taken the money.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 13m Veteran Nnamdi Asomugha offered 49ers teammate Anthony Dixon $24K for No. 24, but Dixon turned him down.
Barrows Twitter: Chuck Jacobs No. 17. Darryl Morris takes No. 40. Lawrence Okoye, now on IR, gets No. 98

Also, Brandon Carswell and Baldwin still both 84 so should see one change yet if PS and Roster members can't have same #. Also, Dial and Bykowski both 71 so hopefully Dial changes. Luke Marquardt and Mike Prucell both 64 as well.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 13m Veteran Nnamdi Asomugha offered 49ers teammate Anthony Dixon $24K for No. 24, but Dixon turned him down.

he has his own money. I wouldn't give up my #.

No second chances to get free money. Shoulda took it for sure. More money than most of us will ever see in one sitting.

EDIT - My bad I thought Dixon gave up the number, didn't realize he hung onto it. Good for him.
[ Edited by zillabeast on Sep 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM ]

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I would if I was a scrub player like him.

well....you are a scrub poster, so I'll let you know if someone wants that user name for 24 cents.

Dixon will get his real money when he becomes a free agent.

runs well, pass blocks well, run blocks well, shown he can catch, converts short yardage plays now.....and can play special teams well.

it took alittle bit of time, being on the bubble a couple of times, knocks from coaches...but that all made him a better player......I think he is about ready to hit his prime.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

well....you are a scrub poster, so I'll let you know if someone wants that user name for 24 cents.

runs well, pass blocks well, run blocks well, shown he can catch, converts short yardage plays now.....and can play special teams well.

it took alittle bit of time, being on the bubble a couple of times, knocks from coaches...but that all made him a better player......I think he is about ready to hit his prime.

no need to get personal dude. we just talking about the 49ers.

also your opinion of me means nothing to me.

as far as Dixon hitting his prime is LOL
Dixon earned the #24 by beating out MRob for a roster spot and taking the number instead of keeping 33, hes had the number since high school. I think hes earned it, where Nnamdi might want to reinvent himself with a new number to shed his Philly years of wearing the number 24.

no need to get personal dude. we just talking about the 49ers.

also your opinion of me means nothing to me.

as far as Dixon hitting his prime is LOL
damn, didn't know that would hurt your feelings man.. I'm sorry.

and yes Dixon is hitting his prime...coached up well these past 3 years, in good shape...yup yup.
Share 49ersWebzone