LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Jersey Number changes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i dunno. bruce miller 49, beasley 40, moran norris 44. just fits right in with these dudes to me. safeties should wear single digits or 20s and 30s i think

Ronnie Lott disagrees.

J/K....I like #s in the 20s. I thin Reid will to and that's why I think it'll be 28
Why are Reid and Patton changing numbers?
Originally posted by natrone06:

Alex and Dexter Carter are suing
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Alex and Dexter Carter are suing
LMAO

That's just us talking. Reid never had a number on the official roster and still doesnt. I'm not sure but I thought he said he wanted to change it when he got here. Was the only thing available. Like Aldon knew he was going to switch from 48 the whole time. So no guarantee but seems like Reid will change his. Patton I don't think ever said anything about changing. I just think these guys would rather have him in the 80s but I think teen #s look better on the smaller wrs. 80s look better on bigger wrs imo.

Only changes for sure will be:
---Nnamdi or Dixon will have to change from 24
---Daryl Morris or Marcus Lattimore will have to change from 38
--Baldwin, Harper and Wright I believe have to pick a #. Baldwin is 84 but it isn't confirmed on the roster so he might want to change. Harper just got here and Wright don't know if he's picked one yet. There is a picture of him walking around at practice with a 21 jersey on. He's got less than a 0 percent chance of getting that.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

That's just us talking. Reid never had a number on the official roster and still doesnt. I'm not sure but I thought he said he wanted to change it when he got here. Was the only thing available. Like Aldon knew he was going to switch from 48 the whole time. So no guarantee but seems like Reid will change his. Patton I don't think ever said anything about changing. I just think these guys would rather have him in the 80s but I think teen #s look better on the smaller wrs. 80s look better on bigger wrs imo.

--Baldwin, Harper and Wright I believe have to pick a #. Baldwin is 84 but it isn't confirmed on the roster so he might want to change. Harper just got here and Wright don't know if he's picked one yet. There is a picture of him walking around at practice with a 21 jersey on. He's got less than a 0 percent chance of getting that.

What is up with 38, did Goldson get his number retired?

Reids number was always temporary. Patton isn't switching.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

No...both Morris and Lattimore have it. One will switch.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

No...both Morris and Lattimore have it. One will switch.

Lattimore can be number potato if he wants. He isnt playing this year.
Originally posted by Garcia:
He is a little like Garcia but with a stronger arm, more athletic, a little shorter and a lot thicker. I loved Garcia though, guy had a ton of heart. I hope BJ keeps 5 but not too big of a deal to me; I got out of buying jerseys years back anyways.

Why you gotta talk about me like Im dead?

your dead to me

Kaepernick to change to #11
Dixon always looked good wearing 33, 24 is more of a cb number...
Reid would look good wearing 30 (reminds me of lance schulters)
Patton could go 84 cause he wore 4 in college and and he can be in the 80's wr group, 14 for wr looks fugly

Lattimore would look awesome wearing 33 or 30 instead that 38 DB number
Lemonier should consider changing his number too.. 58 or 56 would suit him well for a pass rusher
First post.

I'd like to see Reid in 41, Tank in 93, Williams in 92, Lemonade in 95, Dial in 98, Lattimore in 28, Aso in 24, Dixon in 45, Carter in 83, Wright in 35. Some numbers will look ugly on some players but soo many aren't available. I think 22, 25, 26 and 31 could be free next year
  • KK49
  • Veteran
I think Patton looks good with # 11 next to Kyle with # 10 like smaller WR with smaller #s . don't see problem with Reid wearing #35
anyway my only problems is Dixon.. he has to give up #24 , he is like a FB now , ne heed 3 in the 40s. may be Lattimore can wear #24 one day.
Share 49ersWebzone