There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers most interesting and informative posters

I also dont make anyone pay to see the content. I like people viewing the site for the info. Gets hits. But I did the links because the guys at SpotRac were ripping my numbers off of me. Even to the smallest bonuses. OverTheCap's owner let me know their IP and have banned them since. I always said Spotrac wasn't reliable. They charge for future info, when I for the 49ers dont, and OTC doesnt for all teams.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Yes, my tongue was firmly cheeked. I really appreciate AB, Marvin, NC, You and oldman, and all the others who spend time creating informative posts and threads. I don't mind doing research once in a while but it's so nice when I can tune in here and get a briefing on what's going on.

One of my goals posting is to improve my ability to communicate effectively, without irritating folks needlessly...definitely a work in progress! LOL! Humor doesn't always come across and it's easy to come across as arrogant or brusk. Here's hoping we all improve in this area!

You didn't come across arrogant. And I know thanks to everyone who posts news I don't have to visit ESPN.com or watch NFLN and have to pull my hair out when I have to read or hear bout what cereal Tebow choose for breakfast today. Everyone is really fast on here, news is up as soon as it happens and that's a lot of posters checking tweets, checking sites and all that stuff.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I also dont make anyone pay to see the content. I like people viewing the site for the info. Gets hits. But I did the links because the guys at SpotRac were ripping my numbers off of me. Even to the smallest bonuses. OverTheCap's owner let me know their IP and have banned them since. I always said Spotrac wasn't reliable. They charge for future info, when I for the 49ers dont, and OTC doesnt for all teams.

I know AB was kidding with you. That's good that you were able to ban them. I know I only go to your site and Overthecap now that you told me about Spotrac. That is bs if they charge for info then rip #'s off from you guys.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
You didn't come across arrogant. And I know thanks to everyone who posts news I don't have to visit ESPN.com or watch NFLN and have to pull my hair out when I have to read or hear bout what cereal Tebow choose for breakfast today. Everyone is really fast on here, news is up as soon as it happens and that's a lot of posters checking tweets, checking sites and all that stuff.

Really glad there are guys checking tweets so I don't have to! Not another electronic thing...PLEASE! Sometimes I want to completely unplug...then I jump on the net and check my niners!
Did I show up late to the circle jerk?

I know AB was kidding with you. That's good that you were able to ban them. I know I only go to your site and Overthecap now that you told me about Spotrac. That is bs if they charge for info then rip #'s off from you guys.

No big deal, didnt say that because of you. Just wanted to point it out. Spotrac pissed me off when I noticed it in 2012 season. Then OTC opened, and He(OTC Owner) contacted me, and said watch for these IPs, and found them, banned them. Both from Syracuse NY area, I am in Albany NY area. But I have a good friendship with the owner of OTC. He allows me to use his info for powerhousegm, I give credit, etc... He was great for draft picks. He had all picks like 99% if not 100% correct. Even before they signed. He had the estimated numbers, both pick by pick, and team by team.
Well, so far, everybody who has made a comment should be on my list. I remember great about yrs ago, but have trouble with short term. There is a word for that, but at my age, it's forgivable. In trying to pay a compliment to every poster on this board, past and present, my hat is off to you all. You folks make for some terrific entertainment and lots of information that comes out later...usually a lot later. Our site rivals ESPN on the 9ers, and just on the Red and Gold we beat the krapt out of them. Once again, if I didn't mention your name, it wasn't intentional. I read some posters who write interesting articles more than others...but love reading everybody's stuff. AmpLee gets it...didn't mention his name, but believe me, it was there but just didn't make it out of my mind onto the paper....and same for everyone else. I gave special mention to the guys who I read most often with almost always thot provoking stuff.

For me this is fun and helps me with writer's block when working on my one novel and 3rd book on hunting and fishing in Baja(Best Stories of Baja and Arriba! Baja).
Currently am about 25% thru a medical malpractice novel, "The White God", and have all notes and outlines ready to go for "Hunting from A to Z...Argentina to Zambia and back" . Problem is always time, but for a writer, writers block is no fun, and entering a post on WZ sometimes helps me get thru something I get stuck on. Also easy , free , writing(ie WZ) somehow loosens me up and I can go back and finish a chapter, or segment, whatever. Also, reading your thoughts on something to do with the 49ers, tends to help me thru writers block. Ask any author...and they will tell you about writer's block. If I write freely here, I am more apt to write freely in my novel. So WZ is somewhat therapeutic for me also.

So to those inadvertently not mentioned, Hey, mea culpa. But truly, it was from forgetfulness, nothing more. I can honestly say there is not one person on this board that hasn't written something that interested me or informed me. But at my age, remembering names gets harder and harder. So please, no hurt feelings.

There was ONE...back a few yrs ago and his handle was nolannonsense. THERE was a guy that didn't write anything but b.s. , lies, hurtful stuff, and was just a pizz ant trying to ruin the stew. Mods, who really are the heart and soul of this blog, finally took care of him. How , I don't know, but I think he got banned. So yeah, there was ONE name that didn't belong. Thanks to everyone else for all the work, thought, and soul you put into your posts. I truly do enjoy you all.

Just for grins, sometime read other team's blogs, and note they don't come close to ours. If I had to bet it would be because of our Mods over the yrs, and also our really excellent members.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Really glad there are guys checking tweets so I don't have to! Not another electronic thing...PLEASE! Sometimes I want to completely unplug...then I jump on the net and check my niners!

I frequent a few websites, mostly 49ers sites, Twitter, etc... for news. Rotoworld is good, PFT is good, even though Florio is an ass at times. I try away from ESPN, too many ads, and pop ups. Plus their writers are bad at times. I hate reading them. Like they have a sentence, without a period. Or 2 words stuck together, like the49ers instead of the 49ers. annoys me.

NFL.com is ok, Yahoo Shut Down Corner is good. Brian McIntyre is the 1st guy from our little cap group on yahoo to get a good gig writing for a well known site.

He was the owner of MacsFootballBlog.com, I think thats the name or was.
I recently got an account last season after the old board I was active on got overrun by trolls. Good job by mods here and thanks to all the posters that write strategy related posts, with logic.
Like they have a sentence, without a period. Or 2 words stuck together, like the49ers instead of the 49ers. annoys me.

No way not espn lol... we are allowed to right with run-on sentences, fragments and my favorite ........... because we aren't getting paid for our posts/writing. Well most of us arent (cough mayo). Yeah no reason for espn or the rest of the sites making big bucks and paying people big bucks to have as many mistakes as they do. Same with nfl.com, like the other night with the main page or whatever it was saying the chargers finish in style with a 41-6 victory over the 49ers. They changed it around 2 times and still wasn't fixed after like an hour. I see a lot on cbssports.com as well. only reason I go there is because I have made it my routine for the past 15 years of my life or I would have left them long ago. Don't like ESPN, NFL.com even becoming gossipy and drama based. Rotoworld I like to use for contract once in awhile for a quick look up. Don't check their news but like you said think they are good.

P.S. I know someone mentioned the espn.com boards I heard they were shutting down. Went on them a few times and looked around and basically looks like every banned member from every sports mb all gathered there. Don't think they mod either or at least they didn't back in the day. Really we are lucky the WZ is a really good board that is very active. I have seen other team's message boards and some of them, including main team ones are dead.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Well allow me to squirt some semen...

Here are my favorite posters (if u made my list, feel special!)

76Razor, AllForTheNiners, Antix, AUniner, blizzuntz, BrodieToKwalick, buck, cortana49, cory4903, CrazyBob, DaDivaRecieva15, drunk49er, DVDA, English, frankie, frenchmov, GhostofFredDean74, GNielsen, Godsleftsock, Gore_21, IowaNiner16, jrg, JustinNiner, Kolohe, Legbreaker, LVJay, matt49er, Memphis9er, mrbusinessman499, MrOrange, Ninerjohn, Nines99, OregonNiner87, PA9erFaithful, pasodoc9er, phatbutskinny, Phoenix49ers, Pillbusta, RaiderHater90, rob28, Rocket4989, SoCold, sweetDwilly, Tman, verb1der, Wisconsin49erfan

I see what you did der ...

I didnt make the cut, I have no issue. People shouldn't get butthurt over this stuff. I dont frequent the PL, I have seen these threads, and never mentioned till now. Never cared that I wasn't. I appreciate Doc mentioning me 1st. It is really cool he and alot here respect me and love my posts.

You have too much power already AB! lol

I'm just spreading the love to the common folks!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Well allow me to squirt some semen...

Here are my favorite posters (if u made my list, feel special!)

76Razor, AllForTheNiners, Antix, AUniner, blizzuntz, BrodieToKwalick, buck, cortana49, cory4903, CrazyBob, DaDivaRecieva15, drunk49er, DVDA, English, frankie, frenchmov, GhostofFredDean74, GNielsen, Godsleftsock, Gore_21, IowaNiner16, jrg, JustinNiner, Kolohe, Legbreaker, LVJay, matt49er, Memphis9er, mrbusinessman499, MrOrange, Ninerjohn, Nines99, OregonNiner87, PA9erFaithful, pasodoc9er, phatbutskinny, Phoenix49ers, Pillbusta, RaiderHater90, rob28, Rocket4989, SoCold, sweetDwilly, Tman, verb1der, Wisconsin49erfan

I see what you did der ...

I didnt make the cut, I have no issue. People shouldn't get butthurt over this stuff. I dont frequent the PL, I have seen these threads, and never mentioned till now. Never cared that I wasn't. I appreciate Doc mentioning me 1st. It is really cool he and alot here respect me and love my posts.

You have too much power already AB! lol

I'm just spreading the love to the common folks!
Man, I'm not even common folk, yet... still zone fodder
no mention of me. worst thread ever
Not sure if anyone has mentioned him yet, but I also enjoy the contributions made by WHOMEAM. He's the one that posts the games up online.
Originally posted by susweel:
no mention of me. worst thread ever

Susweel