LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial come back from injuries eventually.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by buck:
If x comes back, we will cut y.

The key word is if.

Look buddy, you need to take your algebra and GTFO.
I don't think ANY of the injured rookies come back this year unless things go horribly horribly wrong with the team. There is very little reason to think rushing guys onto the field with little practice time is going to improve the team. Yes some of them could make spectacular plays, but they will also make enough errors to cancel out the other plays so even though guys like Tank are very physically talented Fangio will prefer to stick with a lesser player who is predictable.

The NFL has a 53 man roster and an 8 man practice squad for a total of 61 players ... the 49ers have 74 players under contract. Other than Manningham I don't know that the team is really expecting any of the other 12 guys to come back ... including Crabtree.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The key word is if.

I is gone.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The key word is if.

lol
I hope Jerod Eddie gets cut. I'm not a fan of guys that jack off the opponent.

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I hope Jerod Eddie gets cut. I'm not a fan of guys that jack off the opponent.

Aww puddin, no need to get all jealous, he might give you some action...

[ Edited by Memphis9er on Sep 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I thought the word on Tank was that they fully expect him to be back in the rotation after Week 6, while Dial would need a little more time than that?
Originally posted by outside4949:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

lol hell naw
LOL

I have seen nowhere that Tank is expected anything ... in fact I did see where Fangio said he didn't know if it would make sense to try to work them into the rotation mid season. The last time Tank played any kind of ball he was in college ... no training camp, no OTAs ... straight to playing on the line for one of the top teams in the NFL in the middle of the season ... Fangio just didn't seem to think much of the idea.

I fully believe they are stashed away as insurance in the event of injury. With lattimore , dial, Caradine , Crabtree , wright we have a very sexy IR
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scoots:
I don't think ANY of the injured rookies come back this year unless things go horribly horribly wrong with the team. There is very little reason to think rushing guys onto the field with little practice time is going to improve the team. Yes some of them could make spectacular plays, but they will also make enough errors to cancel out the other plays so even though guys like Tank are very physically talented Fangio will prefer to stick with a lesser player who is predictable.

The NFL has a 53 man roster and an 8 man practice squad for a total of 61 players ... the 49ers have 74 players under contract. Other than Manningham I don't know that the team is really expecting any of the other 12 guys to come back ... including Crabtree.

Crabtree ain't coming back? :(
Originally posted by Scoots:
LOL

I have seen nowhere that Tank is expected anything ... in fact I did see where Fangio said he didn't know if it would make sense to try to work them into the rotation mid season. The last time Tank played any kind of ball he was in college ... no training camp, no OTAs ... straight to playing on the line for one of the top teams in the NFL in the middle of the season ... Fangio just didn't seem to think much of the idea.
I never heard this interview, but it does make a lot of sense.
I'm starting to think this will be a redshirt year for Dial. IR. Tank, on the other hand, needs to get his ass on the field at some point this year IMO.
Who goes when they get back?? I don't see anybody off the Dline....maybe Tony Jerod Eddie.
Share 49ersWebzone