LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 201 users in the forums

Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial come back from injuries eventually.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now what?

We are down to 53 now. So we need 2 roster spots open. They saw something in Tank Carradine to pick him where they did. And Quinton Dial is 6'6" 304 lbs. We could use size like that in defensive front 7 rotation. I seriously doubt it was in the plan to just sit these guys. So they rehab their injuries and eventually they are healthy and ready to go. We need 2 open roster spots. So who goes? Who gets cut?
I'll guess one D-lineman and one LB goes. Tukuafu/Jerod-Eddie and Stupar/Moody
Don't forget about Dobbs, and then of course Manningham and Crabtree if/when they come back. So that's five total from the current roster.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Ding
Originally posted by Esco:

Ding

Which of those goes?
Add the guys on PUP and that's even more cuts after week 6 right? Is that how it works?

I'm thinking Tony Jerod-Eddie will be the first to go when the first of them comes back. Maybe Dobbs is next to go; the Niners don't really need him to be a TE any more, and he's not much of a DE IMO.

Or maybe they cut a safety like Raymond Ventrone.

On offense, I hope they cut Kyle Willams when Crabtree comes back. Not sure who they would want to cut when Manningham comes back. I think it would suit 'em best to trade an OLB to make room for Manningham.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Sep 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Don't forget about Dobbs, and then of course Manningham and Crabtree if/when they come back. So that's five total from the current roster.

5 total. So who are they?
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Add the guys on PUP and that's even more cuts after week 6 right? Is that how it works?

I'm thinking Tony Jerod-Eddie will be the first to go when the first of them comes back. Maybe Dobbs is next to go; the Niners don't really need him to be a TE any more, and he's not much of a DE IMO.

Or maybe they cut a safety like Raymond Ventrone.

I agree that Dobbs is real vulnerable. A great preseason in 2012. Very average in 2013. Not much of a regular season player. Tony Jerod-Eddie will probably go. Raymond Ventrone could be vulnerable.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Ding

Which of those goes?

I'd cut Stupar first. After that, It's a tough call between Tukuafu and Jerod-Eddie. Jerod-Eddie still has practice squad eligibility, so we could keep both if he clears waivers.
We will see who would be cut if Marecic is signed first. Then we see who is cut after Dobbs is back. So say 2 of the following are gone: Stupar or Ventrone, TJE or Tukuafu. Leaves us with 6 DL. My guess is if they are ready we would first cut TJE/Tukuafu (whoever is left after week 1). Then we would probably cut Dobbs when the other comes back. That's if they are ready although them not practicing or playing at all could be out all year. If they do come back might not be ready. So could keep Dobbs, cut TJE/Tukuafu (whoever is left after week 1) it would be Dobbs 5, Dial or Carradine whoever is back first at 6 with Dobbs getting most of the backup work.... we would have to cut someone from another position. I think we are all getting ahead of ourselves. We need to see first who is left if Marecic is signed and 2 who is left after Dobbs comes back. Then we go from there and see how everyone is playing.

Ding

Which of those goes?

I'd cut Stupar first. After that, It's a tough call between Tukuafu and Jerod-Eddie. Jerod-Eddie still has practice squad eligibility, so we could keep both if he clears waivers.

Stupar is probably pretty marginal on the 53 man roster. He's a likely cut. Jerod Eddie could be next.
Very little info and it's vague when it comes to Tank. I really want to see him play this year, our DL could use the depth, anybody have a clue when he will be back? Am I wrong in thinking that since he's not on PUP that he is likely to be activated prior to week 7?
Originally posted by matt49er:
Very little info and it's vague when it comes to Tank. I really want to see him play this year, our DL could use the depth, anybody have a clue when he will be back? Am I wrong in thinking that since he's not on PUP that he is likely to be activated prior to week 7?

I think his time schedule is he will be back this year sometime.
Originally posted by matt49er:

I think his time schedule is he will be back this year sometime.

that's what I mean though man, that is the vague type of statements we've heard ever since he was drafted. I would love to hear/know if anyone has heard anything at all about when he will return, meaning what week or a span of weeks. Example we are hoping Crabtree will be available in late November and we expect/hope Manningham to be back week 7, LMJ in 3-4 weeks, all this sometime this year stuff is odd.
Has to be Ventrone and Jerod-Eddie.
Share 49ersWebzone