LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

The Newcomer Niners Poll and Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Newcomer Niners Poll and Discussion Thread

Boldin and Dawson - both will have numerous opportunities to contribute in every game.
McDonald could be a key blocker in the execution of certain plays.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
marlon moore will be a star, reid will be solid and the whipping boy on the zone dahl will more than prove his worth as a back up in two spots we did not have last year and a fine special teams player
Wish Tank and Lat were ready, but they will be a factor next season and year's to come.
I hope it's either Dawson or Eric Reid. They're the two we need to step up the most. Even more than the WR need.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I think Asomugha is our best man cover guy right now...and it will become clearer as the season progresses too. His ability to shutdown the slot will be huge for the front seven which will now get that extra 1-2 secs to get to the passer.

On offense, you can never underestimate the addition of a great possession receiver like Boldin...he will improve our red zone efficiency quite a bit. Receivers Patton and Moore will also surprise.

I wanted to see more of Kap in the preseason...but what little I saw was reassuring. I am less worried about the offense, and ecstatic with the defense.
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by azninersfan:
Dawson should run away with it. Akers was atrocious last year. Dawson just needs to be decent to have a huge impact.

Sadly, Dawson WAS THE ONLY positive thing for the Browns.

He is on a better team now so his impact may be greater.

You mean that drafting a 60 year old QB wasnt a good move?

Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by azninersfan:
Dawson should run away with it. Akers was atrocious last year. Dawson just needs to be decent to have a huge impact.

Sadly, Dawson WAS THE ONLY positive thing for the Browns.

He is on a better team now so his impact may be greater.

You mean that drafting a 60 year old QB wasnt a good move?

How long ago was that?
kicker, boldin, and nnamdi in that order.
If Patton returns kicks, it will make us forget Hawkins being given his release.

I wish Cox and Patton would have had time to showcase themselves more. Right now I almost would rather see them then Williams and James. Also, McDonald won't win this but he should be able to contribute a lot this season. Should be able to fully replace Walker and all he did by the end of the year or into next year. He should be a really good blocker, he is a great security blanket so expect a lot of first downs and possibly TDs out of him. He can shield the defenders with his body. He's a great guy to keep the chains moving. Only knock on him is his hands. Get him (along w/ Baldwin) on the jugs machine every day. McDonald has a chance to be one of the better #2's in the league and possibly better than some of the 1s. I was more for Kelce but so far been glad we went with McDonald. I thought Escobar would be another option. My brother (Cowboys fan) says so far he can't block at all, he's slow... not getting a whole lot of catches. We don't like guys who can't block, might not have ever been an option. I had McDonald as a potential guy we could draft but then took him off... just didn't see us taking him with his limited #'s but obviously was held down by his Rice team. That's what I get for looking at stats.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I wish Cox and Patton would have had time to showcase themselves more. Right now I almost would rather see them then Williams and James. Also, McDonald won't win this but he should be able to contribute a lot this season. Should be able to fully replace Walker and all he did by the end of the year or into next year. He should be a really good blocker, he is a great security blanket so expect a lot of first downs and possibly TDs out of him. He can shield the defenders with his body. He's a great guy to keep the chains moving. Only knock on him is his hands. Get him (along w/ Baldwin) on the jugs machine every day. McDonald has a chance to be one of the better #2's in the league and possibly better than some of the 1s. I was more for Kelce but so far been glad we went with McDonald. I thought Escobar would be another option. My brother (Cowboys fan) says so far he can't block at all, he's slow... not getting a whole lot of catches. We don't like guys who can't block, might not have ever been an option. I had McDonald as a potential guy we could draft but then took him off... just didn't see us taking him with his limited #'s but obviously was held down by his Rice team. That's what I get for looking at stats.

Have to love McDonald's physical size and bruteness. He is capable of running over a player.

Patton's speed and quickness are what makes him good; with the hands, being a potential deep threat makes our offense much level dimensional from the short to the middle to the long ball.
Have to love McDonald's physical size and bruteness. He is capable of running over a player.

Patton's speed and quickness are what makes him good; with the hands, being a potential deep threat makes our offense much level dimensional from the short to the middle to the long ball.

You don't have to sell me on Patton he was one of my favorites in the draft. Also, had my eye on Tavon Austin (until he jumped from late 1st, 2nd to 8th overall) and Stedman Bailey. Yeah, Patton just seems to have "it". Energetic, loves the game, not the fastest timed guy but plays faster on the field... so many guys out there are quick on a track but not on the field... ill take a guy who slow in timed speed that is fast on the field any day, he will shake and bake you every chance he gets, he is a willing blocker although will have to maybe get stronger to not get pushed around in the nfl, he is great at adjusting to the ball in the air, like i thought he would instantly contribute, not sure what else I can say on the guy... where is Phoenix to add more? Really reason he fell was not the fastest timed guy, small school and not the biggest guy... seems like the new trend is either 6'4 and big or 5'11 190 and blazing fast... no room for in between
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM ]
Quinton Patton will make the biggest impact. And he will shock the world. He's far better than where he was picked. Lemonier will be good. McDonald will be a tremendous player both catching and blocking.
Gosh

Anybody wonder if Dorsey will be a factor at nose? Ian Williams beasted throughout the preseason but there is a level of expectation for Dorsey to make his presence known on the D-line.
Share 49ersWebzone