There are 46 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Newcomer Niners Poll and Discussion Thread

The Newcomer Niners Poll and Discussion Thread

We are officially one week away from kickoff of the 2013 season against (and for the second consecutive year in a row), the Green Bay Packers.

We had a pretty good off-season which where either needs were addressed or upgraded. Also had an outstanding draft. The question is will it translate to results on the field.

While Boldin maybe a lock, there are a number of players that may be the difference in how our season turns out.

Who will be your player that will make the most impact

POLL UP ABOVE:
Which Newcomer Will Make The Most Impact?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish there was a feature where you can do multiple voting but I believe you can only make one selection.

A lot to choose from

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ Edited by robniner on Sep 1, 2013 at 7:54 AM ]
Yeah, wish there was multiple votes allowed for our polls. Good idea for pull question though. Maybe you should take Boldin off and see where it goes from there. I would think he will run away with it but you can keep him if you want. Although AZ does bring up a good point. Boldin's impact might not be as felt since he will be replacing Crabtree who was great for us last year. Where Dawson is replacing someone who wasn't that good.

As for the poll that's really tough. I'm going to rank them: Boldin, Dawson, Patton, McDonald, Asomugha, Reid. Not that I see Asomugah or Reid as playing bad just think they will do well in coverage but not sure they will get a lot of ints.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 8:19 AM ]
Dawson should run away with it. Akers was atrocious last year. Dawson just needs to be decent to have a huge impact.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yeah, wish there was multiple votes allowed for our polls. Good idea though. Maybe you should take Boldin off and see where it goes from there. I would think he will run away with it but you can keep him if you want.

I was thinking about that but then I would have "Where's Boldin?" posts; "other" would have been an option and would be the top choice.

I wish there was a way we can see who voted for whom.
Originally posted by azninersfan:
Dawson should run away with it. Akers was atrocious last year. Dawson just needs to be decent to have a huge impact.

Sadly, Dawson WAS THE ONLY positive thing for the Browns.

He is on a better team now so his impact may be greater.
Originally posted by robniner:
I was thinking about that but then I would have "Where's Boldin?" posts; "other" would have been an option and would be the top choice.

That's a good point. Yeah, the 49ers.com official board has options for multiple votes and to see who voted for what but the type of MB they use on here doesn't allow that. I edited my post and added this: Although AZ does bring up a good point. Boldin's impact might not be as felt since he will be replacing Crabtree who was great for us last year. Where Dawson is replacing someone who wasn't that good so even if Boldin has more of an impact might not seem like it. In the way that a player taking over for a bad player who does really well will have more of an impact than a player who does well but took over for a player that did well.

That being said I'm still going with Boldin because without him our WR core would be a lot worse. Sure we have solid guys 2-5 but we need Boldin without Crabtree. So I think Boldin will have greatest impact even though it may not seem like it because he might have less yards than Crabtree.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 8:13 AM ]

That's a good point. Yeah, the 49ers.com official board has options for multiple votes and to see who voted for what but the type of MB they use on here doesn't allow that.

Speaking of that official board (also known as The RedZone), I wonder how many members did this board sap out of there? Hard to get in there after register.

The multiple votes feature should be among the custom codes when working on a forum board behind the scenes.
Speaking of that official board (also known as The RedZone), I wonder how many members did this board sap out of there? Hard to get in there after register.

The multiple votes feature should be among the custom codes when working on a forum board behind the scenes.

Not sure what you mean about sap but I joined in August of 2004 and back then there was no waiting period. Now I hear it's really tough to get in but they are probably better off for it. Keeps out the spammers, bad posters and other team's fans there to just be jerks. There are some guys on here that are on there. I don't post as much on there. It's a little more organized and friendly but it's not as active. Not that this board isnt friendly or organized for the most part, I think the mods have been doing a better job lately of keeping everything in order. Guess it helps with Alex gone . Still the official board is pretty active but the WZ is active like 24/7. So many regulars here. Also, I post in both places at times because there are members that are on this board that aren't on that board and vice versa.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM ]
I voted for Dawson because it just seems likely that by the end of the season the extra field goals that Dawson will make this year that Akers would have missed could easily make the difference in winning the division or not, home field advantage through the playoffs and maybe even winning the Super Bowl itself. After Dawson, I think Boldin will have the biggest impact (especially with Crabtree out), followed by Patton.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vance McDonald has as big or a bigger impact than Patton, though. Here's hoping they both blow the doors off.

It's possible Reid will have lots of interceptions and be a beast on pass coverage, in which case he could have a bigger impact than Goldson had, but that seems unlikely. I'll be ecstatic if he is nearly as good this year as Goldson was last year. I'd hate to see him make an "impact" in the negative sense because his performance is a big falloff from Goldson's - but I don't see any reason to think that will happen.
[ Edited by 49erphan on Sep 1, 2013 at 8:26 AM ]
Dawson because Akers just fell apart last year. He also seems to kick it to the back of the end zone. We don't need anymore 100 yard TDs.

Boldin a close second, and maybe even the real answer given Crabtree's injury.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Dawson because Akers just fell apart last year. He also seems to kick it to the back of the end zone. We don't need anymore 100 yard TDs.

Boldin a close second, and maybe even the real answer given Crabtree's injury.

There could be a number of close games in play so Dawson may be a factor in the very,very end.

Not sure what you mean about sap but I joined in August of 2004 and back then there was no waiting period. Now I hear it's really tough to get in but they are probably better off for it. Keeps out the spammers, bad posters and other team's fans there to just be jerks. There are some guys on here that are on there. I don't post as much on there. It's a little more organized and friendly but it's not as active. Not that this board isnt friendly or organized for the most part, I think the mods have been doing a better job lately of keeping everything in order. Guess it helps with Alex gone . Still the official board is pretty active but the WZ is active like 24/7. So many regulars here. Also, I post in both places at times because there are members that are on this board that aren't on that board and vice versa.

FACEBOOK

Boldin. Some of the draftees will be great but Boldin is already established and with Crabtree going down is fundamental to the O.

Lot of good work this offseason though.
I'll give you two not listed...

Lemonier and Cam Johnson, maybe not as starters, but as situational pass rushers. Sacks can make all the difference.
I picked Nnamdi, only if he returns to elite form. If he does, it will help us eliminate some of those huge plays we were giving up toward the end of last season. That alone will make us significantly harder to stop.