LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Practice Squad

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

RB Jewel Hampton will be added to the #49ers practice squad, according to a league source.

Good, I wanted Jewel. I think he can develop into our new power back.
Originally posted by Scoots:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 17m How to identify a die-hard #49ers fan: They are currently up in arms over the loss of Marcus Cooper and MarQueis Gray.

Damn right!

Got that right!
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I think we'll live without Cooper. LOL.

Just like we'll live without Ventrone. I'd rather hang onto the guys with potential.

Yes, seems stupid to keep Ventrone and guarantee his salary for the season
Originally posted by Wrathman:

RB Jewel Hampton will be added to the #49ers practice squad, according to a league source.

Good, I wanted Jewel. I think he can develop into our new power back.

Good insurance just in case Lattimore doesn't pan out and Dixon leaves. He has great potential
  • buck
  • Veteran
Seventh-round pick Marcus Cooper did not pass through waivers and will join the Kansas City Chiefs' 53-man roster, the Sacramento Bee reported. The same for tight end MarQueis Gray, who is headed to Cleveland,

http://sfo.scout.com/2/1321912.html

If the above is true, both Gray and Cooper would have to be released (put on waivers) before Cleveland /KC could put them on the practice squad.

I think. I might not understand the rules correctly.
Well Dixon is a free agent after this year. So he could take over that short yardage spot/backup FB spot. Don't think he plays ST though. My only thing is with Lattimore back that's 5 RB's (Gore,Hunter,James,Lattimore,Hampton) plus 1 FB. Seems excessive but then again could add Marecic making 4 RBs and 2 FBs. Would be a cheaper option than Dixon most likely. I don't know though I'd probably just keep the 4 and Miller and maybe make Hunter? the short yardage back. The ST role would have to be filled by someone else. Not sure Dixon is back next year. Could save the money and move on. Same with Goodwin and Whitner.

Also, mentioned this in the Hampton thread but like the way he looked on film in college. First game was very disappointed. He looked like a bad version of the bad version of Anthony Dixon. Was really out of shape. By game 3? I think it was he looked like he lost 5-10 pounds and was running much better. Maybe he had to get in game shape. An injury and time off all year can do that to you. Definitely think he is PS worthy just not sure he has a future on our roster.
They should've cut Celek and kept Gray.
Goddam the chiefs love our scrubs!
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
They should've cut Celek and kept Gray.

This^^
I guess they wanted the 3rd TE to be more of a blocker, but Gray had more upside to get better.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Well Dixon is a free agent after this year. So he could take over that short yardage spot/backup FB spot. Don't think he plays ST though. My only thing is with Lattimore back that's 5 RB's (Gore,Hunter,James,Lattimore,Hampton) plus 1 FB. Seems excessive but then again could add Marecic making 4 RBs and 2 FBs. Would be a cheaper option than Dixon most likely. I don't know though I'd probably just keep the 4 and Miller and maybe make Hunter? the short yardage back. The ST role would have to be filled by someone else. Not sure Dixon is back next year. Could save the money and move on. Same with Goodwin and Whitner.

Also, mentioned this in the Hampton thread but like the way he looked on film in college. First game was very disappointed. He looked like a bad version of the bad version of Anthony Dixon. Was really out of shape. By game 3? I think it was he looked like he lost 5-10 pounds and was running much better. Maybe he had to get in game shape. An injury and time off all year can do that to you. Definitely think he is PS worthy just not sure he has a future on our roster.

Also, it takes time for muscle memory to wake up.

Originally posted by Wrathman:
This^^
I guess they wanted the 3rd TE to be more of a blocker, but Gray had more upside to get better.

Gray blocked better than Celek IMO. Celek got worse at blocking this year from what I seen because he got smaller. So might be able to catch more balls this year but seen him get whipped around at times this preseason (especially against KC).

Also, buck you have a point guy didn't play for probably 2 years from end of his college career until now.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

It looks as if rookie OL Patrick Omameh, who finished with two strong preseason games, also will land on the #49ers practice squad.
Is there a misprint on the internet? Did we sign Omameh to the practice squad?......

It looks as if rookie OL Patrick Omameh, who finished with two strong preseason games, also will land on the #49ers practice squad.

Uh oh the WZ is about to crash
  • buck
  • Veteran
Tolzien did make it to the GB practice squad.

So far no team has picked up Collie, Wallace or Hawkins.

The below seems to be a good link for waivers and pick ups

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/transactions/nfl/all/today/
[ Edited by buck on Sep 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone