LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Practice Squad

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Practice Squad Tracker

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237146/article/practice-squads-for-all-32-nfl-teams
Originally posted by Scoots:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 17m How to identify a die-hard #49ers fan: They are currently up in arms over the loss of Marcus Cooper and MarQueis Gray.

Damn right!

f**k yeah! I thought Gray would be safe but of course the armpit of the NFL would take him and the chiefs apparently love our players.
YOU'RE WELCOME NFL!!!!

And yes you are a fanatic if you are discussing practice squad players. I'm surprised we never got into analyzing our equipment staff and who is holding their own and who is making too much. AB, get us cap numbers on those guys. Actually, we did discuss the The Bro a lot.
I think the equipment staff has really fallen down since the late 80s. I don't know how the team wins at all. :)

I think CB is the most likely move for round 1 next year.
Damn Teams are desperate for ex-Niner talent.

Lockette to the Bears.

Hall and Cooper to KC.

Gray to the Browns.
The 49ers are the only NFC West team with PS players so far. Curious.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

RB Jewel Hampton will be added to the #49ers practice squad, according to a league source.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Actually, Marcus Cooper is the only one I'm even remotely down about losing. But, you have to keep in mind that the Niners will almost certainly draft a highly-rated corner in the first round of the next draft.
Yes bro. We are set up nicely
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Damn Teams are desperate for ex-Niner talent.

Lockette to the Bears.

Hall and Cooper to KC.

Gray to the Browns.
they hit their ceiling with us, all of those teams are average or below
Originally posted by Scoots:
I think the equipment staff has really fallen down since the late 80s. I don't know how the team wins at all. :)

I think CB is the most likely move for round 1 next year.

I was hoping we would trade the pick for the Falcons for their head equipment manager. Maybe the Chiefs will give us a 2nd round pick to take on the contract of their equipment manager?

Ok, sorry. I'm thinking that CB is the likely 1st round selection especially if Brown is gone. We will see what FAs are back from Brown, Asomugha, Cox, Brock, Wright and if Rogers is still with the team. He'll probably have to take a pay cut to stay with us. So CB, then probably SS if Whitner is gone. Then if we get Chiefs 2nd probably WR or CB. Then after that need OL depth (c/g versatile guy or g/t), de depth and 3rd QB. If Kilgore is read to go at C then we are ok there otherwise C will be a high pick. Also, maybe we are trying to help KC get to 8-8 so we get their 2nd instead of 3rd. JK

And updating: So added Morris, Jacobs, Bykowski, Hampton to PS.... Hall to KC, Cooper to KC, Gray to Cleveland, Lockette to Chicago
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM ]

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

RB Jewel Hampton will be added to the #49ers practice squad, according to a league source.

good, I hope it is true.
I think the NFL should give a team first ops on deciding who to keep for the practice squad. Those not selected will be put on waivers
Originally posted by robniner:
I think the NFL should give a team first ops on deciding who to keep for the practice squad. Those not selected will be put on waivers

Not fair to the player though, this at least gives the player a chance to be a part of an active roster before being stashed into a practice squad.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

good, I hope it is true.

Yeah, Jewel has potential.

#49ers will sign WR Chuck Jacobs to the practice squad, source says.

Good, I wanted Chuck Jacobs to develop on the PS.
Share 49ersWebzone