There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Practice Squad

  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,747
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Carrier has good speed for a TE, 4.5 forty
you want a difficult scouting job? try figuring out if a guy can play in the nfl by watching his D3 film.

LOL
Originally posted by xcfan:
it's a pretty unimpressive PS

its what happens when teams are picking up your waivers
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,257
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by xcfan:
it's a pretty unimpressive PS

its what happens when teams are picking up your waivers

it also happens when you make a practice squad, they are supposed to be unimpressive. they are bodies who only get pressed into varsity duty when you got alot of problems and injuries. what do you expect a practice squad to be?
Originally posted by cciowa:
it also happens when you make a practice squad, they are supposed to be unimpressive. they are bodies who only get pressed into varsity duty when you got alot of problems and injuries. what do you expect a practice squad to be?

This. If they were good enough currently to be on a roster, they WOULD BE on a roster. I think there is some good talent on there, I like Morris a lot, Jacobs, Bykowski and Thomas.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,257
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This. If they were good enough currently to be on a roster, they WOULD BE on a roster. I think there is some good talent on there, I like Morris a lot, Jacobs, Bykowski and Thomas.

yep, lots of guys who could be respectable down the road. if we see any of these guys that means we have injuries on top of injuries and that is not good. i hope the kid from iowa state can maybe pan out next year as a back up lineman on varsity
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:
it also happens when you make a practice squad, they are supposed to be unimpressive. they are bodies who only get pressed into varsity duty when you got alot of problems and injuries. what do you expect a practice squad to be?

This. If they were good enough currently to be on a roster, they WOULD BE on a roster. I think there is some good talent on there, I like Morris a lot, Jacobs, Bykowski and Thomas.

I think those 4 get a chance in 2014. Jacobs maybe a longer shot, with Boldin and MM potentially coming back. Morris(CB could use depth), Thomas(SS over Whitner, with compeition) and Bykowski(With work against Marquardt, who I like more.)
Hi,

Could someone clear something up for me?

BJ Daniels is eligible for the practice squad, assuming he clears waivers. It appears that the 49ers will sign him to the squad if he clears. I know that other teams can offer a player a spot on their 53-man roster and snatch him up. However, here's what I'm wondering: if a player tries to "steal" a player from the practice squad, does the original team get an opportunity to elevate the player to their 53-man roster too?

i.e.
1. BJ Daniels is assigned to practice squad (i.e. he successfully clears waivers)
2. 4 weeks from now, the Jaguars coming knocking and say, "hey, BJ, how would you like a spot on our 53-man roster?"
3. At this point, can the 49ers intercept and say, "wait a second -- we still want BJ; BJ, you may have a spot on our 53-man instead!"
4. SF retains him.

So, does original team get a chance to keep him?
Any word on if BJ cleared waivers yet? Supposed to know today sometime either way.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Any word on if BJ cleared waivers yet? Supposed to know today sometime either way.

seahawks signed him
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Any word on if BJ cleared waivers yet? Supposed to know today sometime either way.

seahawks signed him
LOL! I doubt it because they usually carry 2 QBs and T Jack has been balling in relief of Russell
Gone....

@RavensInsider 1m B.J. Daniels claimed off 49ers waivers by the Seattle Seahawks, according to a league source.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 2, 2013 at 1:29 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Gone....

@RavensInsider 1m B.J. Daniels claimed off 49ers waivers by the Seattle Seahawks, according to a league source.

That was all too predictable.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Gone....

@RavensInsider 1m B.J. Daniels claimed off 49ers waivers by the Seattle Seahawks, according to a league source.

That's a lot of information given to the Seahawks, you know for damn sure BJ Daniels was in all of the QB meetings with Roman.


...to the Seahawks. Man. It's not like he was our future, but this certainly isn't a positive. A ripple effect from that effing idiot Aldon Smith. I hope they bring up repercussions like this at the bargaining table.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:


...to the Seahawks. Man. It's not like he was our future, but this certainly isn't a positive. A ripple effect from that effing idiot Aldon Smith. I hope they bring up repercussions like this at the bargaining table.

Agreed, Aldon is an idiot. But in this case, the FO screwed the pooch on this one. We didn't need a 5th OLB...we needed a real NT, blocking FB and OT and we certainly could have kept BJ Daniels over Skelton. Given the Hawkins and Cooper moves and now risking BJ, there better be much more to this story!
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM ]