There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Practice Squad

Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Gray is BJ Daniels, Jr. We got the better one.

um... Gray was 6'4 250 and ran pretty fast.

we weren't going to use Gray as a QB.

Yeah I am still bummed about Gray. I thought he could be our new D-Love.

That's Alex fault. He told Reid to get him to be his new D Love
glad we kept Bykowski and Morris.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Gray is BJ Daniels, Jr. We got the better one.

um... Gray was 6'4 250 and ran pretty fast.

we weren't going to use Gray as a QB.

Yeah I am still bummed about Gray. I thought he could be our new D-Love.

I liked Gray also. He was not signed to the practice squad. He got picked up on waivers. Gray is on their 53-man roster.

So, if Cleveland tries to put him on the PS, they will have to waive him. We would get another shot at him.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

the only way bykowski ever becomes a playmaker is if he takes PEDs. by nfl standards, he's small and soft--he looks like a big, corn-fed WOMAN.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Am I missing something? I thought Gray was picked up by Cleveland, and by rule was put on their 53-man roster.
Originally posted by xcfan:

the only way bykowski ever becomes a playmaker is if he takes PEDs. by nfl standards, he's small and soft--he looks like a big, corn-fed WOMAN.

LOL!
Originally posted by buck:

Am I missing something? I thought Gray was picked up by Cleveland, and by rule was put on their 53-man roster.

No I missed something. KC got everyone else I lost track and figured they got Gray as well. OOPS!

we don't need backup Tackles to be "playmakers" we need him to be a solid blocker. He cant be any worse than Looney who is fat, slow, and unproven.

Our O-line depth is very weak this year.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
im hella upset about Cooper.

Really wish we could have kept him!
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
im hella upset about Cooper.

Really wish we could have kept him!

Cooper >> Brock

LOL. Yeah guy looks like he needs to add a ton of muscle. Only thing he has is the height. Wish Luke Marquardt would have been healthy instead because he has the size and strength and could have possibly won the 3rd T spot and made it onto the roster. Hopefully next year he can compete for a spot.

Frisco, maybe so but but Brock had 16 ST tackles which led the team last year so that's why he made it. Plus I think he has improved at CB.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran

No I missed something. KC got everyone else I lost track and figured they got Gray as well. OOPS!

Stuff gets confusing. I checked. Gary is not on Cleveland's practice squad. He is on their 53-man roster, at least according to this.

Seventh-round pick Marcus Cooper did not pass through waivers and will join the Kansas City Chiefs' 53-man roster, the Sacramento Bee reported. The same for tight end MarQueis Gray, who is headed to Cleveland.

,http://sfo.scout.com/2/1321912.html
[ Edited by buck on Sep 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM ]
Stuff gets confusing. I checked. Gary is not on Cleveland's practice squad. He is on their 53-man roster, at least according to this.

I figured he made their 53 man roster since they cut their 3rd TE Kellen Davis (Bears old TE).
Originally posted by Gore_21:

LOL. Yeah guy looks like he needs to add a ton of muscle. Only thing he has is the height. Wish Luke Marquardt would have been healthy instead because he has the size and strength and could have possibly won the 3rd T spot and made it onto the roster. Hopefully next year he can compete for a spot.

Yeah Luke Marquardt looks like a total beast. I want him to be our back up tackle when he gets healthy.
He is the anti-Bykowski.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
we don't need backup Tackles to be "playmakers" we need him to be a solid blocker. He cant be any worse than Looney who is fat, slow, and unproven.

Our O-line depth is very weak this year.

thank gm baalke. he picks weak, undersized guys that get walked back into the pocket (bykowski, kilgore, person, slowey) or guys with lead feet (omameh, looney).