LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

Which 2 Will Get Cut?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 2 Will Get Cut?

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Ventrone is the new Special Teams star. The Niners cut a 3x Pro Bowl special teams player in Osgood, so Ventrone sticks. Dobbs and Jerrod-Eddie are going to be the backup DE's. Marecic will be signed to be the backup FB/LB and take Tukuafu's place on ST. So it's Stupar and Tukuafu.

P.S. I would love to add Stupar to the Practice Squad. The kid played very well in the preseason.

star? did he even make one tackle this preseason? lol
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
star? did he even make one tackle this preseason? lol

I don't think so and didn't see him much at safety especially games 1 and 2. I seen Thomas for sure with a few ST plays. Went back and double checked and according to all 4 game centers not 1 tackle on D or ST. Unless they are going off his past where he played under Seely at CLE and NE. Looking at his stats...

2012 12 games 4 tackles...2011 14 games 3 tackles....2010 16 games 18 tackles.....2009 14 games 14 tackles..... 2008 NE 15 games 7 tackles.... I assume most or all are on ST....

Really minus 2009 and 2010 not that impressive at all. I mean 4 and 3 in the last 2 years doesn't seem like a guy I'd sign for 880k this year and 855k next year. I don't know think I'd dump him for Marecic. Like AB says if he isn't cut now he will be guaranteed all 880k since he will be on the week 1 roster. Makes no sense to cut him after week 1 when Dobbs is back. Would be giving him all 880k for one game played.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone