There are 232 users in the forums

Which 2 Will Get Cut?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 2 Will Get Cut?

Doesn't matter what order just pick which 2 players you think will get cut if we would sign Marecic and then when Dobbs gets back from his suspension after week 1.

If you want list the 2 you voted for. Also, if you want to rank the most likely to get cut in order from 1-4 or 1-5 you can as well
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM ]
I'm about 95% sure Dobbs is going to be released. I know I know. I'm freaking crazy
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I'm about 95% sure Dobbs is going to be released. I know I know. I'm freaking crazy

Why not just cut him now if that was the case? He was put on suspended roster exemption list. If we wanted him gone I believe could have just cut him along with the other guys. That being said I sure as heck hope Dial and Carradine are ready to go by the end of the year or for next year. They should be instantly upgrades. I hope we don't re-sign Dobbs and Tukuafu. Jerod-Eddie if he stays is signed through next year though... but could still be cut before next year.

If I had to choose I'd say Stupar outplayed Ventrone and earned a spot more but I think we keep Ventrone. We need a 5th S more than 5th ILB. Also, Ventrone played under Seely in CLE and NE. Then I'd move on from Tukuafu; TJE plays about the same for 150k less. Side note Ventrone will earn 880k this year and 855k next year. If we cut him I believe we would have 0 cap hit for both years. Stupar will make 405k so 475 K less this year.

If it was up to me I'd go Ventrone and Tukuafu. I think the team goes Stupar and TJE.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2013 at 5:42 PM ]
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

the same thought occurred to me
Who the eff is this Ventrone kid and why is he still on the team? Did they forget to cut him?
  • THEB
  • Veteran
people that voted for tukuafu are bat s**t crazy. he aint goin nowhere.itll be ventrone and stupar.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Ventrone will earn 880k this year and 855k next year. If we cut him I believe we would have 0 cap hit for both years. Stupar will make 405k so 475 K less this year.

Stupid to keep Ventrone for the first game and thus guarantee his salary for the entire season. If they are going to cut Jennings over money, it's better to cut Ventrone and possibly re-sign after the first game.
Originally posted by THEB:
people that voted for tukuafu are bat s**t crazy. he aint goin nowhere.itll be ventrone and stupar.

I'd reply but I'm in a straight jacket. Don't get me wrong I was one of the few saying look out for Tukuafu after the 2010 pre season. When breaking down the games he stood out with his hustle. Now watching him he seems to have regressed over the years. Just doesn't have the hustle, doesn't have awareness... Been ready to upgrade from him and Dobbs for awhile now. Unfortunately Dial and Carradine are hurt or they could have been gone. TJE can probably do the same thing for 150K less.

As for Ventrone don't be so sure he played under Seely at CLE and NE. Could be the guy Seely wanted to keep for ST. Although, wouldn't mind cutting him if Marecic is added. Don't think he added anything in preseason on ST or at S. Plus 880k this year is a lot for a guy like that when we cut Jennings to save 545k. Also, Dahl better be damn good on ST. He's getting like 1.8 mil for the next 3 years to backup FS and SS and play ST. He might not be around all 3 though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Ventrone and Jerod-Eddie.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Jerod Eddie is a better DLineman than Tuk

Stupar was the surprise stick and I also think Tuk hasn't gotten any better. He's definitely a flex guy, but if they want to use another guy as a blocking FB, he's in jeopardy.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Jerod Eddie is a better DLineman than Tuk

This, and we dont need 3 "Fullbacks" when Tuk didnt really do anything on offense anyway.
Ventrone is the new Special Teams star. The Niners cut a 3x Pro Bowl special teams player in Osgood, so Ventrone sticks. Dobbs and Jerrod-Eddie are going to be the backup DE's. Marecic will be signed to be the backup FB/LB and take Tukuafu's place on ST. So it's Stupar and Tukuafu.

P.S. I would love to add Stupar to the Practice Squad. The kid played very well in the preseason.
Tuk for sure.

Probably Eddie
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
ray lewis--as a dummy bag for practice squad!
[ Edited by LVJay on Sep 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone