LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Who will be the 8 in actives Week 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Assuming full health, who would be the 8 inactives in Week 1 (ie we know LMJ won't be active, but he would be if he were healthy)? Granted, we know 2 people are gonna be cut shortly to make room for Marecic and then, in Week 2, Dobbs, but here's my stab at it:

Daniels, Baldwin, Looney, Jerod-Eddie, Stupar, Brock, and C. Johnson
Also, I'd like to see the 2 imminent cuts be Stupar and Ventrone. Will be very interesting to see who Crabtree, Manningham, Carradine, and potentially Dial will replace.
[ Edited by kap2crab on Aug 31, 2013 at 3:37 PM ]
Edit: so we are at 53 without dobbs and marecic. so when he officially signs which could be today or tomorrow we will have to cut 1 player... likely between TJE, Tukuafu, Stupar and Ventrone. then when dobbs gets back after week 1 another player will be gone.

sorry, got confused you were right kap2crab.

as for the inactive doesnt pay to guess yet until we know who's gone for marecic
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think we are at 52 players right now with Dobbs not counting due to him being put on the suspended roster exemption list. So when we add Marecic we will be at 53 so we won't have to cut anybody. We won't have to cut anyone until Dobbs comes back after his suspension week 1. Then we will have 54 total and will have to cut one to make it 53. It will be between TJE, Tukuafu, Stupar and Ventrone.

Edit: I have to double check. Maybe we will have to cut 2 players..

Nah we're at 53 right now.
I dont see Ventrone cut. Seely wants him, he gets him. Hoping he is as good as Costanzo was/is.

Also it's only 7 inactives.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
One will obviously be LaMichael since he's out week 1.

The six others I'm guessing will be Stupar, Jerod-Eddie, Looney, Ventrone, Baldwin and Cam Johnson.
Originally posted by Hopper:
One will obviously be LaMichael since he's out week 1.

The six others I'm guessing will be Stupar, Jerod-Eddie, Looney, Ventrone, Baldwin and Cam Johnson.

I see Ventrone active. He was kept as a ST Ace/Protector on Punts. Daniels will be inactive.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I see Ventrone active. He was kept as a ST Ace/Protector on Punts. Daniels will be inactive.

You could be right and I nearly put Daniels on my list.

I'm just not sure Harbs is sold on McCoy which is why I think BJ might make the 46.
Originally posted by Hopper:

You could be right and I nearly put Daniels on my list.

I'm just not sure Harbs is sold on McCoy which is why I think BJ might make the 46.

We will see during the week. If he feels BJ is worth a spot, then it may happen. I think the guys kept for STs stay active, Ventrone, Skuta, Brock, Cox, Moody, Wilhoite, etc... I would be worried about having BJ play WR or RB. I know he is willing. But he is basically the future #2 QB. I love Daniels. Thought he would be #3 back when he was drafted. Glad he won it. Hope he beats out McCoy. McCoy has $870K in roster bonus, each game he is active he gets a game check, if not,we save money.
I dont see Ventrone cut. Seely wants him, he gets him. Hoping he is as good as Costanzo was/is.

Also it's only 7 inactives.

Oops! My bad on typo, but I did indeed know that hence me only listing 7. So who would your 7 be?

Baldwin will be active
in actives?

only if gire.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Edit: so we are at 53 without dobbs and marecic. so when he officially signs which could be today or tomorrow we will have to cut 1 player... likely between TJE, Tukuafu, Stupar and Ventrone. then when dobbs gets back after week 1 another player will be gone.

sorry, got confused you were right kap2crab.

as for the inactive doesnt pay to guess yet until we know who's gone for marecic

Marecic was a two way starter his senior year. He'll be in the jumbo package and play special teams.

That leaves all of those guys vulnerable.
I don't know what the coaching staff sees in Looney. Maybe hes versatile IF ANYTHING. Don't see much quality at the center position. Hope he works out but I don't expect anything from him
They must see something because it's not like we played favorites with the 2012 draft class. We have traded or cut all of them except James, Looney and Johnson. Also, could have to do with our lack of depth at OL. I'd say right now that's the main reason.
Share 49ersWebzone