There are 228 users in the forums

The Official Kevin McDermott Experiment

Shop Find 49ers gear online
And the beat goes on.
Originally posted by bors:
I hate him so my h right now...flipping been

Uuuh . . . Klaatu Barada Nikto!!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
please let this NOT be the 49ers' achilles' heel throughout the season and f**k up a playoff run (a la that signed-off-the-street LS the NYG signed the week before we played them in 2003 divisional and probably cost them the game with a bad snap in their last FG attempt)

Yeah, it always seems like we have some critical special teams worry. Last year it was David Akers. Before that it was Kyle Williams. Remember how in the Singletary years we had so many issues at PR that Clements returned a punt only to get injured? And now we have McDermott.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I don't have photoshop, but a picture of Russell Wilson (standing up & still not as tall as the guy holding) would be nice.
Kegley interview with him:
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Weekly-Conversation-LS-Kevin-McDermott/cd297d41-a24e-4595-9e09-944b580c800a
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2013 at 6:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Kegley interview with him:
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Weekly-Conversation-LS-Kevin-McDermott/cd297d41-a24e-4595-9e09-944b580c800a

Seems like a quality guy with his head in the right place.
Hoping this guy is still our LS by the time I have grandchildren.
honestly what i will miss the most is his spot with murph and mac on KNBR. the dude is a riot. he got me to LOL almost every week,

really bummed. hope he gets picked up by another team if he wants to still play
He's a f**king LS.....
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Seems like a quality guy with his head in the right place.

Must be a hell of a LS prospect to unseat Jennings.

If he's as good as they claim, it was a smart move to let Jennings go. We have that position locked up for the next ~15 years again.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM ]

I really don't like this move. Finally we have the special teams in a good spot and they decided to shake it up again. Why they are doing this is beyond me, we have money this season, if they wanted to get younger why not get this kid on Ps no one drafted him most likely could have grabbed him and placed him there, and gave him a year to learn under the greatest long snapper in the league for the last 15 years.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I really don't like this move. Finally we have the special teams in a good spot and they decided to shake it up again. Why they are doing this is beyond me, we have money this season, if they wanted to get younger why not get this kid on Ps no one drafted him most likely could have grabbed him and placed him there, and gave him a year to learn under the greatest long snapper in the league for the last 15 years.

I've read somewhere that McDermott is the best, most consistent LS to come out of college in a while. Another team probably would have snatched him up if cut. So even though Jennings is great, he's much older and more expensive. This way we get a cheaper, younger player and lock up the position for the next 15 years again.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 1, 2013 at 12:12 AM ]
Originally posted by RonMexico:
He's a f**king LS.....

Yep. People are so worried over nothing. Like I said that come from behind Giants playoff game was over 10 years ago and people are acting like it's going to happen to us all season now. How often do you hear about that happening now? Once or twice a year? Also the dude in the Giants game hadn't played in over a year.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
He's a f**king LS.....

Yep. People are so worried over nothing. Like I said that come from behind Giants playoff game was over 10 years ago and people are acting like it's going to happen to us all season now. How often do you hear about that happening now? Once or twice a year? Also the dude in the Giants game hadn't played in over a year.

For me it's more about him being the model 49er than anything else. More important than being a good teammate, he was immaculate at his job. He was the best in this league for 13 years. What every player should strive for in red and gold.

I understand the financial side of it. I had just always hoped he'd get to move on on his own terms.

Not even Joe or Jerry can say that though. So it's all just part of the cycle. I don't have to like it, but I can live with it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We're talking about the long snapper, who cares.
Share 49ersWebzone