LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Seneca Wallace is NOT retiring, and calls out Harbaugh for lying.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jcashen87:
What a baby. Harbaugh plays big boy games. He will punk somebody with all the tools available to him, and knowing that, he didn't do very much to sully Wallace's name. He could of come off a lot worse. He just got baited into the retirement Question after saying he was done with football. For all we know thats what he thought.

I think that's absolutely what he thought. I think that's what Wallace wanted him to think so he could have a good excuse to get of a situation he didn't want to be apart of. I don't think he really intended on retiring but I don't think Harbaugh is lieing.

Does that make sense?

Harbaugh probably knew he was just using "retirement" to get out of playing this last game and through him under the bus.
  • bret
  • Veteran
The way I read this, Wallace was upset when he realized he wasn't going to get a shot to make the roster (although he had to know this was a long-shot when he signed!), so he went to Harbaugh and told him not "I quit", but rather more diplomatically that he "didn't intend to continue playing". Of course, he meant "if you're not giving me an honest shot, I have no intention of going out and being cannon fodder while the actual players who are making the team watch and rest". I understand how he might feel this way, but it's kind of short-sighted. If you don't put yourself on film and show you can still play at your age an after a year off, you might as well hang em up! And Harbaugh either didn't understand what Wallace really meant, or more likely, diplomatically chose to ignore the real meaning of what he meant, and so when the direct question was put to him, he didn't really answer it, he just issued a "non-denial". It sounds like typical Harbaugh to me.
  • buck
  • Veteran
OK. I want to acknowledge that I do not know what happened.

I was not in the room when Harbaugh and Wallace had this discussion. I do not know what was said or was not said.
I do not even know who was in the room or if they were in a room.

I do know that people frequently have different impressions or recollections of conversations, particularly if the situation is heated.

My reading of Harbaugh's remarks lends me to believe he was pissed when he talked to the media.

Apparently, Wallace is now pissed at Harbaugh.

Various times I have stated that I think that Harbaugh's expressed attitudes towards the media are not good.
The disdain that he has shown for the media was neither necessary or recommended, and in most cases not even earned.

I still believe that is true. Harbaugh, in my estimation, needs to reconsider his way of dealing with the media.

If you choose to take sides in this squabble, I believe you are making an error. But, defend Harbaugh or condemn him as you want.

But, do not get pissed at me if I ask for evidence supporting your views.
Originally posted by verb1der:
He mad cause he got used like a dirty slut!

i feel high heels and lipstick were involved
Originally posted by buck:

I was not in the room when Harbaugh and Wallace had this discussion. I do not know what was said or was not said.

I do know that people frequently have different impressions or recollections of conversations, particularly if the situation is heated.

My reading of Harbaugh's remarks lends me to believe he was pissed when he talked to the media.

Various times I have stated that I think that Harbaugh's expressed attitudes towards the media are not good.
The disdain that he has shown for the media was neither necessary or recommended, and in most cases not even earned.

I still believe that is true. Harbaugh, in my estimation, needs to reconsider his way of dealing with the media.

If you choose to take sides in this squabble, I believe you are making an error. But, defend Harbaugh or condemn him as you want.

He could take lessons from his bro John, who is a media darling.
I thought it was a b!tch move by Wallace quitting before he could put out good tape game 4. Now who knows what was said but what I do know is that Wallace bitterly decided not to show game 4. Quitters do this and he could have logged minutes and stated his case. He chose to quit on us. With the way his summer went he should retire possibly. Maybe Harbaugh did a d!ck thing bit so did Wallace. F... him!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Well are they for sure that Harbaugh even said that? That doesn't sound like Harbaugh, he's usually very tight lipped. For all we know Lowell Cohn started the rumor.

Exactly! Some media hack probably asked Harbaugh if he (Harbaugh) thought Wallace might retire, and Harbaugh probably said something like, "He might."

That would be enough for many unscrupulous media hacks to write a story entitled, "Harbaugh says Seneca Wallace will retire!" which of course would result in the current denial by Wallace (even if he was thinking of retiring).
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Who cares if JH is a "media darling"? What 49er fans care about is whether he can get this team to WIN GAMES! The HC does not exist for the media or even for the fans; he is there to make his players the best they can be and bring his team a Lombardi trophy.

Who cares if JH is a "media darling"? What 49er fans care about is whether he can get this team to WIN GAMES! The HC does not exist for the media or even for the fans; he is there to make his players the best they can be and bring his team a Lombardi trophy.
eat a bag of dicks seneca wallace

look, the media loves us right now... Kap is in almost every commercial and they would love to get any type of interview out of him.

We just came back from a nice SuperBowl run..and NFL Network actually assigned a reporter to our team. Like ESPN did with the Cowboys.

if this were last year, I'm sure the media would've jumped on this to make Harbaugh look bad.

they could've did video edits of Jim saying "We're the 49ers, we can do what ever we want" then quickly show Harbaugh commenting on Wallace's career...then showing Wallace's comments....then talking about how Colt really did restructure his contract....then showing Jim saying that quote again regarding "We're the 49ers...etc"

these networks LIVE off little stories like this...just so ex-players and former reporters can give their opinions about it (really not their opinions but more so what the ESPN Staff behind the camera want them to touch on) It could've been a reaaaal s**t storm.

but again, the media likes covering us right now, and I don't think they want to burn bridges with Harbaugh and the FO...BUUUUUUUT if we start losing a couple of games, TRUST ME they will be licking their chops to go off..

and we shouldn't give a f**k...but the media is powerful and persuasive....and it could be a distraction to the team.
Then the d!ck informed us on game day that he wasn't playing. A b!tech move and the whole thing smells of sour grapes. He knew he wouldn't stick so he stuck it to us. Of course Harbaugh was pissed and had to alter his game day rotation the day of the game.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

and Harbaugh would say to that..."i'm here to win football games. i don't give a rats ass about the media."

listen, you can suck up to the media but they'll be the first to turn on you and spin a nothing into some grand event to make a headline. Harbaugh knows this and that's exactly why he keeps them at a distance.
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I don't care. But it seems some people do, so i offered some input.
I'm not saying what Wallace is saying is false. Obviously he joined the team and McCoy subsequently took a pay cut... BUT if Seneca had actually watched the preseason unfold, he would see that McCoy was playing terribly. I was surprised that Colt was as awful as he was and that the equally terrible Seneca was actually brought in. What's wrong with actually playing (and getting paid to do so) and seeing what you could do? I for one am glad we don't have him on the team any longer. Good luck to him finding a team where his ass won't be running for its life.
Share 49ersWebzone