There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Seneca Wallace is NOT retiring, and calls out Harbaugh for lying.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
I read that he had a convo that asked about what type of play time he would get against the Chargers...and when Harbaugh gave him the impression that it would be mop up duty late in the 4th QTR, he didn't want to risk getting an injury behind that type of Oline...the same one everyone here LOLz about and say how horrible it is.

there are alot of teams that can honestly use a QB right now. There are alot of injuries out there. He is just giving himself a chance. I think I'd do the same thing if I was a Vet and toward the end of my career.

Makes some sense, but Wallace was out of football last year, and not by choice. It's not like teams were blowing up his phone begging him to show up. He should go all out with whatever opportunity he has. Yes plenty of teams need better backups, but they usually go for young players with upside, not a 33 year old who has never won a starting job in his career.
Even if it's true that the Niners only signed Wallace to reduce Colt's contract, wouldn't it still be in Wallace's interest to go with the team to play in yesterday's game to show case his talent on the field. Let the other team around the NFL that he still has the desire and the skill to play qb.

If he still wants to play, why the hell would he called up the team and do a no show. That's retarded. He may think the Niners don't want him, but to turn down the opportunity to be on the field, when he stated that he still wants to play football.

I'm going to call BS on Wallace for now.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 30, 2013 at 6:27 PM ]
Originally posted by cory4903:
lets be real us signing Wallace and getting him snaps on the field is better than no team signing him. Even if we had no intention of keeping him Wallace could have used this to his benefit as well. Who knows he could have gotten a couple drives last night and opened up some eyes.

that is true, but Wallace could've also tried to sign with a different team that might have gave him a true chance. We immediately had talks with him after he was released by the Saints.

during that time the Bills brought in Matt Leinart... MATT F'n LEINART to play in their preseason game.

teams are desperate right now because of injuries. The Jets are another team that is in trouble.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 30, 2013 at 6:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Afrikan and Kray hating. Color me shocked.

you can say hating all you want.

I've never been a Homer here regarding the FO, coach, or GM.

be it Mooch, Erickson, Nolan, Sing, or Harbaugh.

just because I finally have the QB I want for our team, doesn't mean I'm going to be a blind homer now like some (*cough* Sus *cough*)

I think people forget how most of the Alex fans here were calling Harbaugh names late last year.

at least I stay consistent.

oh snap you just called me a homer. lol
I honestly don't care.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Even if it's true that the Niners only signed Wallace to reduce Colt's contract, wouldn't it still be in Wallace's interest to go with the team to play in yesterday's game to show case his talent on the field. Let the other team around the NFL that he still has the desire and the skill to play qb.

If he still want to play, why the hell would he called up the team and do a no show. That's retarded. He may think the Niners don't want him, but to turn down the opportunity to be on the field, when he stated that he still wants to play football.

Exactly, showcase your skills and show teams you can still play. Don't quit like a little b*tch, now teams are gonna look at that as a red flag. Like I said good riddance.
After the game Harbaugh said Wallace told him he's not "continuing playing football." When asked by The Chronicle's Eric Branch if that meant Wallace, 33, was retiring, Harbaugh said, "Yeah, that's where it was left."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/08/agent-qb-seneca-wallace-not-stepping-away-just-yet.html#storylink=cpy

Harbaugh said he was surprised by Wallace's decision. "He felt strongly about it," Harbaugh said. "I don't talk people out of that, you know? I've never seen it done on game day, but I wish him well."

It sounds like Wallace didn't like his playing situation and decided to bail out than Harbaugh put his s**t on blast.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by 49thparallel:
Funny i never actually heard Harbaugh say Wallace was retiring is there a quote somewhere because i can't find anything. Also Wallace wasted reps that could have been used for BJ all week i'd be upset too if you wanna flake out on game day

I think the exact quote was "he's not continuing playing football". He added "It's something that was his decision. He felt strongly about it. I don't talk people out of that. I've never seen it done on game day, but I wish him well."

i don't want to get into semantics but that to me could also mean he is not continuing to play for the niners. either way Wallace practices all week and come gameday it's cya later. kinda of a dick move on his part so i guess they are even.
Originally posted by eonblue:
After the game Harbaugh said Wallace told him he's not "continuing playing football." When asked by The Chronicle's Eric Branch if that meant Wallace, 33, was retiring, Harbaugh said, "Yeah, that's where it was left."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/08/agent-qb-seneca-wallace-not-stepping-away-just-yet.html#storylink=cpy

Harbaugh said he was surprised by Wallace's decision. "He felt strongly about it," Harbaugh said. "I don't talk people out of that, you know? I've never seen it done on game day, but I wish him well."

It sounds like Wallace didn't like his playing situation and decided to bail out than Harbaugh put his s**t on blast.

I don't blame Harbaugh for thinking Wallace don't want to play football any more. He has a chance to compete on the field to audition for the rest of the NFL. Yet he called in a couple of days before the game that he's not going to be there on the field. So what else would Harbaugh think. Why turn down an opportunity to showcase , unless you don't want to play football any longer.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:

I don't blame Harbaugh for thinking Wallace don't want to play football any more. He has a chance to compete on the field to audition for the rest of the NFL. Yet he called in a couple of days before the game that he's not going to be there on the field. So what else would Harbaugh think. Why turn down an opportunity to showcase , unless you don't want to play football any longer.

Wallace responded to that article you are talking about...to the statements by Jim that you are referring.

its on page one.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

If he still want to play, why the hell would he called up the team and do a no show. That's retarded. He may think the Niners don't want him, but to turn down the opportunity to be on the field, when he stated that he still wants to play football.

Exactly, showcase your skills and show teams you can still play. Don't quit like a little b*tch, now teams are gonna look at that as a red flag. Like I said good riddance.

This x 1000. I find it hard to see people taking his side or feeling bad for him. He had a chance to play and show that being out of the league a year and among a round of first cuts was a fluke. Maybe Harbs just assumed he was quitting football since he quit on what was likely his last opportunity to play a game in the NFL. Good riddance.

I think the whole point is that it's hard to get Harbaugh to admit they're playing football sometimes yet he bluntly comments on a persons career. That kind of announcement is supposed to be the players. Harbaughs a pro at this game and he knows that. Either way Wallace skipped out pretty shady like so it's whatever really. He came to meet Harbaugh the day of the game BTW.
grow the F up Seneca. They gave you another chance to play in the NFL. What A-holes.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by susweel:
sure back some journeyman scrub QB instead of your coach

Call a spade a spade. Bad behavior by the people who represent our franchise is bad for the franchise.

You cannot play with them, you cannot win with them, you cannot coach with them. You can't do it. I want winners. I want people who wanna win.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
grow the F up Seneca. They gave you another chance to play in the NFL. What A-holes.

haha. this.