There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Seneca Wallace is NOT retiring, and calls out Harbaugh for lying.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Even I saw a mile away they brought him in to light a fire under McCoy. He saw it too.

Srsly. It was clear as day. Wallace must have known before even signing the contract. I don't know why he even bothered coming to camp.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 30, 2013 at 6:12 PM ]
Wallace might be the first player to quit a team on gameday. Even if he had no shot at making the roster, why not stick around for a few hours, play in the game, and put yourself on film for other teams to see. Training camp is over, so it's not like he has time to latch on elsewhere. I don't blame Harbaugh for thinking this guy doesn't want to play anymore. He didn't even want to compete in the game when given the opportunity.
Funny i never actually heard Harbaugh say Wallace was retiring is there a quote somewhere because i can't find anything. Also Wallace wasted reps that could have been used for BJ all week i'd be upset too if you wanna flake out on game day
Honestly this whole thing doesn't make sense. I don't remember Harbaugh saying anything about Williams retiring. Unless it was during the San Diego presser last night. Did Williams call Harbaugh and tell him he was retiring? Or did he tell him he didn't want to play in the Chargers game? It's sounds like Williams told Harbaugh he was retiring and Harbaugh mentioned it at the presser after the game last night. I think Williams got his feelings hurt that he was just a pawn in contract negotiations. It's a ruthless business though. I don't think it was right of Harbaugh to declare Williams retirement before Williams himself could do it but then again I think Williams is being slightly inflammatory right now and probably for good reason. It was a classless move to declare someones retirement before they do. Harbaugh could've easily worked his jedi mind tricks to avoid the question.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 30, 2013 at 6:18 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Honestly this whole thing doesn't make sense. I don't remember Harbaugh saying anything about Williams retiring. Unless it was during the San Diego presser last night. Did Williams call Harbaugh and tell him he was retiring? Or did he tell him he didn't want to play in the Chargers game? It's sounds like Williams told Harbaugh he was retiring and Harbaugh mentioned it at the presser after the game last night. I think Williams got his feelings hurt that he was just a pawn in contract negotiations. It's a ruthless business though. I don't think it was right of Harbaugh to declare Williams retirement before Williams himself could do it but then again I think Williams is being slightly inflammatory right now.

um it's Wallace
Afrikan and Kray hating. Color me shocked.

Originally posted by 49thparallel:
Funny i never actually heard Harbaugh say Wallace was retiring is there a quote somewhere because i can't find anything. Also Wallace wasted reps that could have been used for BJ all week i'd be upset too if you wanna flake out on game day

I think the exact quote was "he's not continuing playing football". He added "It's something that was his decision. He felt strongly about it. I don't talk people out of that. I've never seen it done on game day, but I wish him well."
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Wallace might be the first player to quit a team on gameday. Even if he had no shot at making the roster, why not stick around for a few hours, play in the game, and put yourself on film for other teams to see. Training camp is over, so it's not like he has time to latch on elsewhere. I don't blame Harbaugh for thinking this guy doesn't want to play anymore. He didn't even want to compete in the game when given the opportunity.

I read that he had a convo that asked about what type of play time he would get against the Chargers...and when Harbaugh gave him the impression that it would be mop up duty late in the 4th QTR, he didn't want to risk getting an injury behind that type of Oline...the same one everyone here LOLz about and say how horrible it is.

there are alot of teams that can honestly use a QB right now. There are alot of injuries out there. He is just giving himself a chance. I think I'd do the same thing if I was a Vet and toward the end of my career.
Now all you dummies supposedly knew Harbaugh was playing him from the beginning. LMAO
Originally posted by AmpLee:

I don't get how some people are creating a bigger stink now than in the past. Forget Singletary losing his mind, or Nolan mocking a player's toughness in the locker room. Harbaugh had the audacity to assume a player was done playing football when he quit the team hours before a game.

you can say hating all you want.

I've never been a Homer here regarding the FO, coach, or GM.

be it Mooch, Erickson, Nolan, Sing, or Harbaugh.

just because I finally have the QB I want for our team, doesn't mean I'm going to be a blind homer now like some (*cough* Sus *cough*)

I think people forget how most of the Alex fans here were calling Harbaugh names late last year.

at least I stay consistent.
Exactly. Harbaugh never said he was retiring. Just said he wasn't playing football anymore. Which is true. He isn't playing football for the 49ers anymore. Harbs could care less about what he does now.
lets be real us signing Wallace and getting him snaps on the field is better than no team signing him. Even if we had no intention of keeping him Wallace could have used this to his benefit as well. Who knows he could have gotten a couple drives last night and opened up some eyes.
Harbaugh is just so mean and evil
Originally posted by Afrikan:

you can say hating all you want.

I've never been a Homer here regarding the FO, coach, or GM.

be it Mooch, Erickson, Nolan, Sing, or Harbaugh.

just because I finally have the QB I want for our team, doesn't mean I'm going to be a blind homer now like some (*cough* Sus *cough*)

I think people forget how most of the Alex fans here were calling Harbaugh names late last year.

at least I stay consistent.

It has nothing to do with being a homer. It's about being objective instead of letting your preconceived views dictate news that's hardly considered factual.